Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

What's on Your Mind?

Just a thread for general questions, or whatever is on your mind.

What's on my mind was sparked outa curiosity of my own about a conversation in the shoutbox...

The interior designers I work with are relatively my age, and always go do it, but pardon my ignorance, I went to a small school where we never went to bars. Partying and going out consisted of dorm hoping and theme house hoping... I keep getting invited, and they've been even more aggressive as of late, to these "drinks with coworkers" and I never go because the concept of going to bars is so foreign to me.

The heck is the point? We already spend the entire day together, what is this supposed to do? And bars? Lol. How do people even talk in bars with all the music, etc in the background. I guess it would make more sense for me to just go at least once and see for myself, but I wanna know how it goes for you guys. Also, do you have any funny stories from doing this?

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Off the top of my head? Let's see...

• Been getting into darker beers lately--oatmeal and coffee flavored ones, if I can--and I don't know why I haven't opened these doors before.
  • Only three weeks left in the school year, and I don't know when that happened.
  • Speaking of countdowns, when does The Force Awakens come out?
  • I barely follow basketball, but holy shit Steph Curry.
Edited by SteVo

One thought only. Mad Max Fury Road is fucking rad

sIfNYqN.gif

The point is to chill and relax with your homies, tho! Seeing them outside of work is a nice team building exercise. I haven't done anything too weird when drinking with coworkers. Dance competitions on the bar top, throwing chef knives like darts at the wall, smashing glasses out on the sidewalk to see who can get shrapnel the furthest, seeing a guy try to force his large testicle into a shot glass.

ya, nothing too crazy.

TIL that Modest Mouse isn't that bad at all. :shifty:

• Upvote 1

Off the top of my head? Let's see...

• Been getting into darker beers lately--oatmeal and coffee flavored ones, if I can--and I don't know why I haven't opened these doors before.
  • Speaking of countdowns, when does The Force Awakens come out?

1) I've been on an oatmeal beer kick lately as well. They're so good.

2) December 18th. 7 months and one day. Far too long.

- I miss football.

- The weather has been perfect lately. I wish it could be like this all the time.

- For once in my life, I actually feel grown up. Sort of.

- I've been studying Spanish a lot on my own lately. I wonder how long it will be until I'm fluent.

- I miss football.

Only three weeks left in the school year, and I don't know when that happened.

Also, I have way too much stuff I wanna do but too little time. FIFA, reading, watching documentaries, gladiator arena game. Then I just kind of don't get to anything productive ever.

Larosas has really good pizza. I never knew. Hated it when I was younger.

Meeting at a bar is generally similar to a house party but I think it has a few distinct advantages, largely based on minimizing coordination and planning. When you meet friends at a bar nobody has to agree to host with everything that goes along with that (having space, supplies, cleaning up, etc.) it also forces everyone to pay their own way so that one person doesn't get stuck buying all of the drinks and either accepting the burden of the expense or trying to chase everyone down to get paid back. It also allows for a much wider variety of beverages, everyone has their own tastes so when you meet at a bar you can order whatever you want, you're not just stuck with whatever people brought.

The noise level can be bad at some bars, but odds are you can find a bar where you can carry on a conversation if that's what you want to do, most bars don't have music going that loud unless you're there really late at night. I'd highly recommend you give it a shot, worst case you waste an hour before you decide you're not enjoying yourself and you leave knowing that the bar scene isn't your thing.

Edited by oochymp

^ yar

Really happy with my progression in the gym. Every time I go I'm improving somewhere with something.

• Upvote 2

Meeting at a bar is generally similar to a house party but I think it has a few distinct advantages, largely based on minimizing coordination and planning. When you meet friends at a bar nobody has to agree to host with everything that goes along with that (having space, supplies, cleaning up, etc.) it also forces everyone to pay their own way so that one person doesn't get stuck buying all of the drinks and either accepting the burden of the expense or trying to chase everyone down to get paid back. It also allows for a much wider variety of beverages, everyone has their own tastes so when you meet at a bar you can order whatever you want, you're not just stuck with whatever people brought.

The noise level can be bad at some bars, but odds are you can find a bar where you can carry on a conversation if that's what you want to do, most bars don't have music going that loud unless you're there really late at night. I'd highly recommend you give it a shot, worst case you waste an hour before you decide you're not enjoying yourself and you leave knowing that the bar scene isn't your thing.

I'm gonna do it on Thursday, should be interesting. Lol.

Also, my high school teammate is on the Eagles' roster now. First close connection ever to the NFL.

I love my job.

I think I should breakup with my gf.

I am tired of the Army

Also, why the fuck is it so hot outside when it's pouring down rain? Thought shit was supposed to cool down when it rained lol

A few months and she was talking about love? Yep that definitely sounds like a Puerto Rican. I dated one a while back and she was talking about marriage and shit after like a month or two. Had to nix that shit quickly.

Oh yeah man, she already had an idea of when we should get married and shit. It only took a few weeks and some days I would be the absolute most important thing in her life..super unhealthy. I kind of knew it was gonna be a train-wreck going in but I was like fuck it...she was hot.

I'd probably hit again. :shifty:

A few months and she was talking about love? Yep that definitely sounds like a Puerto Rican. I dated one a while back and she was talking about marriage and shit after like a month or two. Had to nix that shit quickly.

You guys coulda flown out to Vegas and exchanged vows in one of dem fancy lil chapels they gat out der.

You ever get dreams that feel so real you have to check yourself before you wreck yourself?

Because in my dream I punched a hooker out, burned down a bookstore, and drank driveway sealer on a dare. It was pretty fucked up. Then I got thrown in an interrogation cell, snapped the table holding me in half with a headbutt and almost killed two police officers in my escape. It was so fucked up. Then I woke up and start puking.

You ever get dreams that feel so real you have to check yourself before you wreck yourself?

Because in my dream I punched a hooker out, burned down a bookstore, and drank driveway sealer on a dare. It was pretty fucked up. Then I got thrown in an interrogation cell, snapped the table holding me in half with a headbutt and almost killed two police officers in my escape. It was so fucked up. Then I woke up and start puking.

Are you okay, bud?

Right now I'm terribly sick, so not great.

I love my job.

I think I should breakup with my gf.

I am tired of the Army

Also, why the fuck is it so hot outside when it's pouring down rain? Thought shit was supposed to cool down when it rained lol

I'm in this same boat. The girl I'm with and I haven't talked about the fact I'm leaving Michigan in like, 3 weeks... Everybody always say communication is important in a relationship, but, I always seem to neglect it. >_>

My dream wasn't THIS extreme, lol. But I took Malerone before I went to bed and kept having dreams about all my teeth falling out...

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Woah... You haven't told your baby momma that you are moving to the other side of the country... In less than a month?

Uhhhhh.

• Upvote 1