Dutch

What non-playoff team will make the post season this year?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will make the playoffs?

• Dolphins
    • Bills
    • Jets
    • Browns
    • Texans
    • Titans
    • Jags
    • Chargers
    • Chiefs
    • Raiders
    • Eagles
    • Giants
    • Redskins
    • Vikings
    • Bears
    • Rams
    • 49ers
    • Saints
    • Bucs
    • Falcons

:Eagles:

I'm going with my boys. The reason I'm going with my Eagles is because I think they have the best chance to actually win their division. I thought of teams like the Dolphins and Chargers. The Patriots will win their division. I said in the bold prediction thread the Chargers would win their division but the Broncos will pose a greater threat to the Chargers than the Cowboys posing a threat to the Eagles imo. Not to mention most people don't believe their bold predictions will come true anyways..lol.

Granted the Eagles are basically a new team having lost 9 starters (in key positions), I do believe that we have gotten better in important positions. The Cowboys losing Murray doesn't make them better imo. The reason the Cowboys did so well is because they finally gained some balance in their offense and didn't have Romo throwing 40 times a game to dig his team out of a defecit then throw the game away. Their offensive line is still dominant but we will see how that RB committee pans out.

Three teams:

:Falcons: - I'm unconvinced about any of the teams in this division, after a great draft, why not the Falcons?

:Chargers: - Could compete for the division, at the very least should be expected to make the WC.

:Eagles: - Basically, betting on Bradford staying healthy & finally being as good as I thought he would be. This is really it for him. Same with the Chargers, if things go to plan they should at the very least snag a WC spot.

Edited by BJORN

Dolphins time to shine.

pretty disappointed I could only vote for one, anyway :Vikings: and :Texans:

What's that stat that always gets repeated this time of year...there's been 5 new playoff teams every year since 2004 or something? I'm too lazy to look it up, so I'll just pick my top 5 most likely to make the playoffs this year from the list.

1. :Chargers: I expect the Chargers to win the West, so I can confidently list them here.

2. :dolphins: They may not dethrone the Patriots in the East, but they're a wild-card team for sure.

3. :Vikings: Year two of Mike Zimmer and Teddy B, plus the return of Adrian Peterson.

4. :Giants: You just can't count these guys out.

5. :Eagles: With all the risks they've made this offseason, there's also serious boom potential.

Honorable mentions: Bills, Texans, Rams.

I think it will be the :Giants:

They're my pick to win the NFCE this year in fact >.>

If I had to pick a second it would be the :Chiefs: . They're gonna be playing some scary defense this year I feel. I dunno what ya'll see in the :Chargers: at all :coffee: .

Edited by theMileHighGuy

:Texans:

:Bills:

:Vikings:

You know why these teams are making the playoffs?

:defense:

• Upvote 1

Going to have to go with the New Orleans Saints since I think they are going to pull out the weak NFL South division this season.

I just want to point out that historically the NFC South has been one of the strongest divisions in the league. One down year doesn't suddenly make them weak.

(And the Saints are going DOWN.)

I'm going with the Giants as well. They're going to win everything, so yeah, they kinda need to make the playoffs.

:dolphins: Ryan Tannehill is legitimately good, the defense has the pieces it needs to dominate the line of scrimmage, and they upgraded their receiving options significantly. I can see them winning the East in a close struggle with the ailing Pats.

:Texans: Should be in close competition for the division, but I could see them falling short and taking a wild card instead. Still, they've got the defense they need, and I think Bill O'Brien can make the most out of the Patriot Retreads at QB.

Someone in the AFC West, probably the :Chiefs:. Broncos are shaping up to have a really rough season. I'm not sure if any team in the West is good enough to take the division from us, but the Chiefs are the best bet.

:Giants:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcpGIVbPYrI It has to be this way.

:Vikings: Teddy Bridgewater and that defense frighten me. They were a threat against most teams last year, and this is the year they finally get over the hump.

:Giants:

I just want to point out that historically the NFC South has been one of the strongest divisions in the league. One down year doesn't suddenly make them weak.

(And the Saints are going DOWN.)

I'm going with the Giants as well. They're going to win everything, so yeah, they kinda need to make the playoffs.

Really the last recent great season for the NFC South was 2010 when 3 of the 4 teams were over .500 and 2 of those teams making the playoffs. 2011 two teams were over .500 and both made the playoffs and both teams lost in there first games. 2012 one team dominated the division while the other three were under .500. 2013 two teams were over .500 while the other two really sucked. 2014 we all know that each team was mediocre at best. I wouldn't say that has been a great track record the past several years with the exception of 2010.

does the NFC South still have the streak going of no back to back champions?

I'm going to be unoriginal here and pick :Giants:

Why? The :Eagles: brought in Tebow and cut anyone with any talent. Also they let McCoy go the bills while replacing him with Demarco Murray who will replace his role of elite RB who is never allowed to actually run the ball.

The :Redskins: have actually had a relatively good offseason except that they're still dependant on RG3 staying healthy, and remembering how to be an NFL level Quarterback.

the :Cowboys: let Demarco Murray walk to a division rival so they could franchise tag Dez who threw a hissy fit about it. Both of Demarco's replacements are now on the PUP list, and their big defensive get Greg Hardy is serving a 4 game suspension.

As for the :Giants:, yes JPP blew his hand off like a moron. However they brought in Shane Vereen who should be an improvement over David 'glass neck' Wilson. They had a solid draft, and the :Giants: never stay down for more than a couple of years before 9-7ing their way back to the playoffs.

With Chip doing who knows what to the :Eagles:, the :Redskins: still praying that RG3 returns to rookie year form, and the :Cowboys: left with no running game and a defense that needs to prove last year wasn't a fluke, I would say the :Giants: have an excellent opportunity to return to the post season this year. And who knows? Maybe Eli will continue his patern of knocking off Brady in the Superbowl every 4 years and we'll get to see Giants VS Pats Round III.

Edited by Jayrus
  • Upvote 1

does the NFC South still have the streak going of no back to back champions?

:nope:

Panthers just recently broke that streak winning it these past two seasons.

:nope:

Panthers just recently broke that streak winning it these past two seasons.

thanks, I thought it had been broken recently but was too lazy to look it up :p still pretty crazy how long that lasted

Really the last recent great season for the NFC South was 2010 when 3 of the 4 teams were over .500 and 2 of those teams making the playoffs. 2011 two teams were over .500 and both made the playoffs and both teams lost in there first games. 2012 one team dominated the division while the other three were under .500. 2013 two teams were over .500 while the other two really sucked. 2014 we all know that each team was mediocre at best. I wouldn't say that has been a great track record the past several years with the exception of 2010.

If you look at how that stacks up against other divisions, that's still pretty good.

The idea that the South is a weak division comes from last year and is silly.

Also in 2011, the Saints won their first game, so you are incorrect there.

I had to pick the Eagles, but I really think if Bradford stays healthy that they're a lock for the playoffs. I also think that they're going to have a top 10 defense this year and as usual under Billy Davis they will force turnovers. The Special teams is still special. This team is just one piece away from being a really damn good team in all phases.

What's that stat that always gets repeated this time of year...there's been 5 new playoff teams every year since 2004 or something? I'm too lazy to look it up, so I'll just pick my top 5 most likely to make the playoffs this year from the list.

1. :Chargers: I expect the Chargers to win the West, so I can confidently list them here.

2. :dolphins: They may not dethrone the Patriots in the East, but they're a wild-card team for sure.

3. :Vikings: Year two of Mike Zimmer and Teddy B, plus the return of Adrian Peterson.

4. :Giants: You just can't count these guys out.

5. :Eagles: With all the risks they've made this offseason, there's also serious boom potential.

Honorable mentions: Bills, Texans, Rams.

Since 1996 there has been at least 5 new playoff teams.

I honestly don't understand the hype surrounding NYG. Their OL is still a major work in progress, and the same goes for that defense. I know Beckham and Cruz are great. I know they got that breakout TE from a year ago. I know Vereen is supposed to be some godsend, but for Pete's sake, this still doesn't add up to a playoff team if Eli doesn't all of a sudden stop turning the ball over.

Eli only turned the ball over 18 times last year when you include fumbles. That's not elite by any means, but he's not doing terrible as of late.

That's probably career best for Eli lol..

Edited by Dutch

I honestly don't understand the hype surrounding NYG. Their OL is still a major work in progress, and the same goes for that defense. I know Beckham and Cruz are great. I know they got that breakout TE from a year ago. I know Vereen is supposed to be some godsend, but for Pete's sake, this still doesn't add up to a playoff team if Eli doesn't all of a sudden stop turning the ball over.

2007 Giants > Patriots in Super Bowl

2011 Giants > Patriots in Super Bowl

2015 ... Giants > Patriots in Super Bowl?