RazorStar

2015 NFL Awards Predictions

The season is a week away, the preseason is over, every team is on their final 53. It's as good a time as any to predict who is gonna walk out of the season with a bunch of fancy hardware for their mantle... trophy rack... wherever they want to put shiny things that say "I'm the best."

MVP: Tom Brady. He's got the narrative in place, he's still one of the top QB's in the game, I'd like to think he has the inside track before we've hit any gameplay.

Offensive Player of the Year: Jamaal Charles. I'm expecting a big season from the Chiefs this year, and the Chiefs run through Jamaal Charles. Sure Alex Smith can manage the short routes, but Jamaal Charles makes sure those short routes are open, and that he can go somewhere with them.

Defensive Player of the Year: J.J. Watt. He's some kind of football terminator, who only subsists on football, having the mind of a crotchety old man, and the instincts of an endangered albino rhino. Freaky.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Ameer Abdullah, Lions. He was insane in preseason, and I think he can keep it up. He has already shown flashes of being a great player in this league, and I'd like to see him keep it up.

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jameis Winston... wait shit. That's the wrong side of leading the league in interceptions. I'm gonna go homer here and say Shane Ray. Who is gonna block him? you can't leave Von, DWare and Malik Jackson uncovered...

Coach of the Year: Dan Quinn, Falcons. Rookie coaches are pretty good at winning these awards, or at least being in the discussion. Taking the Falcons to the playoffs is gonna go a long way for him.

Comeback Player of the Year: Purple Slave Child Beating Asshole. The system works.

• Upvote 1

MVP: Andrew Luck. The league is in love with this kid and just dying to give him the award. With the player most deserving of this award winning it last year (Rodgers), the odds are stacked in favor of the league's golden boy.

Offensive Player of the Year: Ben Roethlisberger. Pittsburgh's offense is ready to explode, and their terrible defense will only pad the offensive stats. I'm tempted to go with Antonio Brown here, but the last receiver to win this award was Jerry Rice in 1993.

Defensive Player of the Year: Cameron Wake. J.J. Watt will still be the best player in the league by far, but repeat performances rarely win these awards, no matter how impressive they are. In South Beach, everyone's talking about Suh, but Wake will be the one who benefits on the stat sheet, and the Dolphins will be in the playoffs to boot.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Ameer Abdullah. I'm buying the preseason hype, the Lions are looking for stability at the RB position, and Detroit will love to add a stable running game to complement Stafford's inconsistency.

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Stephone Anthony. I'm defaulting to a safe pick here, considering this is historically a linebackers' award. I don't see any rookie pass rushers who are going to dominate right away, whereas Anthony will rack up a lot of tackles, unfortunately putting him in contention.

Coach of the Year: Chip Kelly. I just can't help myself. After one of the most scrutinized offseasons in recent memory, Kelly's controversial roster overhaul puts the Eagles in the playoffs (as a wild card), and that's just enough. Remember, this award is about telling a good story.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

MVP: Andrew Luck

Offensive Player of the year: Jamaal Charles

Defensive player of the year: JJ Watt

Offensive Rookie of the year: Todd Gurley

Defensive Rookie of the year: Denzel Perryman :wub:

Coach of the year: Chip Kelly (Believe in the Chip)

• Upvote 2

MVP : Aaron Rodgers QB Packers

Offensive player of the year : Levon bell HB Steelers

Defensive player of the year : Aaron Donald DT rams

Offense rookie of the year : Nelson Agholor WR Eagles

Defens rookie of the year : Vic Beasley DE Falcons

Comeback player of the year : Sam Bradford Qb Eagles.

Coach of the year : Chip Kelly Eagles

MVP: Jameis Winston
OPOY: Jameis Winston
DPOY: Lavonte David
OROY: Jameis Winston
DROY: Kwon Alexander
CPOY: Doug Martin
COY: Lovie Smith

• Downvote 6

MVP: Aaron Rodgers

OPOTY: Antonio Brown

DPOTY: JJ SWatt

OROTY: Marcus Mariota (just a bit of homer bias here, but they always like QBs for these awards)

DROTY: Vic Beasley (someone has to play on that defense, right?)

CPOTY: Carson Palmer

COTY: Chip Kelly (everyone wants to give him this award, if Philly makes the playoffs I think he gets it)

DPOTY: JJ Watt

OROTY: Ameer Abdullah

DROTY: Shane Ray

COTY: Andy Reid

SBMVP: Marshawn Lynch

• Downvote 4

MVP: Carson Palmer, QB :Cardinals:
Offensive player of the year: Le'Veon Bell, RB :Steelers:
Defensive player of the year: Von Miller, OLB :Broncos:
Offensive rookie of the year: T.J. Yeldon, RB :jags:
Defensive rookie of the year: Shane Ray, OLB :Broncos:
Comeback player of the year: Carson Palmer, QB :Cardinals: (AP will probably deserve it, but...)
Coach of the year: Bruce Arians :Cardinals:

Edited by theMileHighGuy
  • Downvote 1

MVP: Carson Palmer, QB :Cardinals:

Comeback player of the year: Carson Palmer, QB :Cardinals: (AP will probably deserve it, but...)

I don't know if this is what you're getting at, but if Palmer plays well enough to win MVP he will absolutely deserve CPOTY

also, if Arians wins Coach of the Year it'll be his second in a row and third in four years, I would think a lot of voters would look elsewhere if only for that reason

DPOTY: JJ Watt

OROTY: Ameer Abdullah

DROTY: Shane Ray

COTY: Andy Reid

SBMVP: Marshawn Lynch

You were doing pretty well until that last one. :pls:

I don't know if this is what you're getting at, but if Palmer plays well enough to win MVP he will absolutely deserve CPOTY

also, if Arians wins Coach of the Year it'll be his second in a row and third in four years, I would think a lot of voters would look elsewhere if only for that reason

I was getting at I don't believe that anyone in the press will vote for AP because of the scandal.

If Carson plays 16 games and wins MVP, I dunno how Arians wouldn't get coach of the year.

MVP- Andrew Luck. He gets better every year and as annoying as it is to have the league shove this guy down all our throats every year I think he's a special talent and the Colts are nothing without him. If he can make the statistical jump on the level of the Brees', Brady's and Peyton's of the world I actually think he would deserve the award

OPOY Antonio Brown, I really want to see his streak of games with at least 5 catches get bigger. If the media picks it up and it becomes a story throughout the year he has a good shot at getting the award. Stevo makes a good point that a big part of these awards is telling a good story.

DPOY JJ Watt, he's one of the best football players I've ever witnessed. If this has another 15+ sack season you really have to give him the award. I think Von Miller could dethrone him though.

OROY- Amari Cooper, he's going to be the guy in Oakland's passing game from day 1 and he's got all the tools to handle that role.

DROY- Bud Dupree, Jarvis Jones is trash and talented guys who slip to good teams get a lot of attention. Especially when the Steelers are in the middle of playoff push. If he gets double digit sacks I believe the award is his.

CBPOY: NaVorro Bowman, the guy is an absolute beast. He's going to put up crazy stats this year.

COTY: CHIP MOTHERFUCKING KELLY. The rest of the league has been playing catch up with him since he was still back at Oregon. The Eagles are a more well rounded and talented team than in years past but are relying on the health of Bradford. Not good. I think they can make the playoffs without him though.

• Upvote 2

MVP: Jamaal Charles RB :Chiefs:
Offensive player of the year: Julio Jones :Falcons:
Defensive player of the year: Ndamakung Suh :dolphins:
Offensive rookie of the year: Amari Cooper , WR :Raiders:
Defensive rookie of the year: Leo Williams DT :Jets:
Comeback player of the year: Tyrann Mathieu S :Cardinals:
Coach of the year: Dan Quinn :Falcons:

Edited by DarthRaider
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

MVP: Aaron Rodgers

OPOY: Antonio Brown

DPOY: JJ Watt

OROY: Marcus Mariota

DROY: Leonard Williams

CPOY: Carson Palmer

COY: Ken Whisenhunt

Well this was a hard year to predict. Now it's lookin more like.

MVP: Tom Brady
OROY: Thomas Rawls
DROY: Marcus Peters
COY: Bill Belichick

Amari Cooper and Julio Jones should be on the list for if the season ended today, but this is how things could end up.

MVP: Cam Newton

DPOY: J.J. Watt

OROY: Marcus Mariota

COY: Ron Rivera

Amari Cooper and Julio Jones should be on the list for if the season ended today, but this is how things could end up.

I don't think it looks like that at *all*, lol.

MVP: Cam Newton

OPOY: Tom Brady

DPOY: Luke Kuechly

CPOY: Adrian Peterson

COY: Ron Rivera

I *may* be a bit biased here.

But if the Panthers go 16-0 I fail to see how anyone wins COY over Ron, given the fact that most people wrote us off as a serious threat after KB went down. Honestly, barring a complete meltdown, I don't see how he doesn't win it period.

Cam is the most valuable player in the league. He is flat out carrying Carolina's offense with only one reliable receiving target.

DPOY can go to Watt, Luke, or Norman, and I'd be okay with that, and it probably should be Watt, but I'm betting voter fatigue kicks in just enough for Luke to take it. I don't think Norman will get it because of the lack of stats, since no one has really tested him after week 4 except for Drew Brees and he had a middle of the road day against the Saints.

RQs6N2J.png

G5QfrvT.png

• Upvote 1

MVP: Carson Palmer
OPOY: Tom Brady
DPOY: Tyrann Mathieu

DROY: Ronald Darby
CPOY: Eric Berry/Adrian Peterson
COY: Mike Zimmer

Jameis & Mariota

Rawls has 786 yards on only 141 rushes. He's only one of three players with over 100 rushing attempts to be above 5 yards per carry. Doug Martin is at exactly 5. Giovani Bernard is at 5.1. Rawls is at 5.6

Todd Gurley is having one of the best rookie rushing seasons in NFL history. He's still only ahead of Rawls by 49 yards despite having 32 more carries.

Rawls is in the discussion.

Edited by Chernobyl426
  • Upvote 1

Rawls has 786 yards on only 141 rushes. He's only one of three players with over 100 rushing attempts to be above 5 yards per carry. Doug Martin is at exactly 5. Giovani Bernard is at 5.1. Rawls is at 5.6

Todd Gurley is having one of the best rookie rushing seasons in NFL history. He's still only ahead of Rawls by 49 yards despite having 32 more carries.

Rawls is in the discussion.

No, he's really not.

He's stepped in to a team that has a borderline elite QB and is running behind an offensive line that has always ran block pretty well for Lynch.

Winston and Mariota stepped in to their roles on two teams that had little to nothing surrounding them and are playing at unworldly levels for rookies and given their situations.

Rawls isn't even in the same universe as Mariota and Winston in terms of who the rookie of the year is going to be.

Gurley carried his offense for about 3-4 weeks and now has fell back down to earth, he's not in the conversation either.

It's Winston or Mariota, and it's most likely going to be Winston because their levels of play isn't too different from one another and Winston is on the more successful team.

Gurley COULD make a push for it if he returns to his previous levels of ridiculousness, but as of now, no.