Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

The Table of Optimism

Did your team lose in week 1? Use this thread to tell us why it will all be OK.

:Vikings:

The players bought into the hype and got steamrolled by a tough and gritty team that was hungry to prove itself. This game will prove to be misleading as the Vikings beat the Lions this Sunday, coming out refocused and ready to roll.

I also think the odd time start threw Minnesota off.

It will be OK, fellow Vikings fans.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

Defense was decent. Running game showed some spark, and with the Dolphins struggling with the Redskins, me might actually have a shot at getting a W this week, assuming Bortles looks better.

Edited by Vin

Bram Sadford didn't tear his ACL.

Hmm...I didn't break anything this time?

Bram Sadford didn't tear his ACL.

Haha on a more serious note, the Eagles got owned in the first half, but played some really awesome football in the second half. The Oline looked better, we have 3 awesome RB's and Jordan Matthews is going to be a serious problem. When Ertz is healthy there is some scary talent. Just need to play for a whole half.

Defensively, I think it's clear that we need to blitz a little more and do some things in coverage on the back end to hide our DB's. Really hope Rowe can start at some point this year but if not I think (hope) he's ready year 2. I actually think both our safeties played well but we need to somewhat get away from playing them one on one vs. CB's because our guys on the outside WILL need help over the top all year. At least our LB's sans Graham can cover lol.

Fletcher Cox, and Kiko Alonso <3

Edited by seanbrock

We don't have to play the best front-7 in football again until week 17

Other than Jeremy Lane and Paul Richardson we are still one of the healthiest squads

Earl Thomas at 80% is still the best free safety in the league

Our defense is out there creating turnovers and scoring us points

We have everything we need minus Chancellor, just need to play-call and execute

^You also need to kick Baldwin and Kearse to 3 and 4 on the WR depth chart. Put Lockett and Lockette out at there while the other dudes get healthy.

:yao: Bware guaranteeing another victory.

Chancellor, playing at home, playing the Bears, playing Jimmy Clausen, and I think being 0-2 pretty makes squashes any amount of complacency someone in this business can possibly have.

okay, I'd really have liked to beat the Browns, but this is a developmental year for Mariota and you learn more from mistakes than success, so there's a lot of potential for growth from that game

The fact that we have a bye week. No sacks last game. No touchdowns allowed in last 8 quarters.

we're only a game and a half out of the division lead :thumbup2:

:Rams: Gurley is holy.

:Bengals: it looks good after this three game primetime stretch

Texans should be getting Arian Foster back soon... :shrug:

Lol

Seeing as it's the bye at the halfway point,and the Chiefs have been largely nothing more than a disappointment, this is the perfect time to post here. I guess I draw optimism from the recent two game win streak going into the bye week. Charcandrick West seems to have the running game clicking like Charles did before he was hurt all the time. The defense has been great lately. Add to that the fact that 5 of our 6 division games are coming up as well as the Browns, Ravens, and Bills, somehow, even ay 3-5,the Chiefs actually still have their destiny in their own hands.

EDIT: I purposely didn't mention Alex Smith. After all, It's an optimism thread.

Edited by AL_Royalty

:jags:

They actually played well enough to get a win against the Jets. They just shot themselves in the foot again. It's not talent with the Jaguars anymore. They've only been blown out once — by the Pats, and well that's the Pats. It's just young guys still not knowing how to win consistently. Bortles had two picks but only one was a real pick (and was made at the end trying to make a play), the other bounced off ARob's hands straight into the air for a gift in a sea of green. Other than that, he went up against the 8th ranked pass defense and Revis and put up 381 yards passing, 2 TDs and 4 carries for 32 yards as well. He's still got in-game mechanics issues where he reverts to old habits still and all, but the kid is clearly ascending and per multiple Jags fans at the Jets game, other fans are starting to agree as well. "You guys got a QB", was said multiple times.

The biggest part of Bortles improvement is his trust and growing chemistry with his two budding stars in Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns. Robinson had Revis on him all day and still managed to put up 6 catches for 121 yards. Hurnsy put up 5 for 122 and a TD. The Jags offense has 2,835 yards in the first half of the season. The Allens have combined for 1,342 of those yards. That's 47.3% of the total offensive production.

CTVHHOOUsAAbgYc.jpg

Oh yeah, also Bortles was getting mobbed all game. 6 sacks, he was running for his life half the time. I was impressed, even in the loss. Yeldon wasn't going to do much against the Jets at MetLife, but he still broke a 45 yarder near the end of the game and he'll be better against teams that aren't the best run stopping defense in the league. Hell, even the defense got 2 sacks on Fitz, and the Jets had only given up 7 for the entire year which was best in the league. They held Chris Ivory to 26 yards on 23 carries, the worst final yardage tally by a RB with atleast 23 carries in NFL history. The Colts and Falcons are the Jaguars' toughest remaining opponents in their last 8 games. 8-8 is very doable.

Edited by CampinWithThePhantomMenace

This guy ready to be back for the playoffs.

lynchbubbly.gif

Texans should be getting Arian Foster back soon... :shrug:

Always meant to ask fart - what is a "fartwaffle"?

Ha! Just two words that sounded funny to me when put together. Nothing more, nothing less.

Waffle House after 3am special, but only after they serve chili earlier in the day.