Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Megatron or Brandon Marshall?

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you choose?

• Calvin Johnson
    • Brandon Marshall

Our dearest Bware believes that Brandon Marshall is a better WR than Calvin Johnson and he would take Brandon Marshall over Megatron if he had the opportunity to acquire said WR for his team.

I say that is fucking crazy talk.

What say you, TGP?

Marshall or Megatron?

Calvin or Brandon?

Do you side with this guy?

nooobrandon.0.gif

Or with this one?

CalvinJohnson2.gif

What say you?

Edited by Thanatos19

The choice of gif is very much tongue-in-cheek. If Bware wishes to defend his wide receiver, he may post a more appropriate gif of Marshall dropping catching a beautiful pass.

Edited by Thanatos19

Don't let the BwareMobile get to you...

His hate is only trying to rival mine...which shall never be surpassed.

Brandon Marshall has never, and will never be better then Calvin Johnson.

I don't know... If Marshall keeps it up and Calvin doesn't pick it up, Marshall is going to shatter Calvin in every single category. Brandon Marshall is older too btw...

Say what you want, but I think at this point Brandon Marshall is severely underrated. Dude's sack of marbles isn't quite full, but the production he has put up with the likes of Jay Cutler, Chad Henne, Matt Moore, Jay Cutler again (I'm sorry, Brandon), and Ryan Fitzpatrick is admirable. He deserves more credit than he gets sometimes, even if he is an ass.

With that said... Megatron? We talkin' bout megatron, man? Ehhhhhh. lol

Did... did JD just say something good about Brandon Marshall?

I know, it's because he's no longer a Bear.

• Upvote 1

To be fair we talking about two guys I have watched quite a bit over the last few years. You wouldn't hear me talking good things about Julius Peppers a couple years ago either, ha.

One guy who isn't privy to that kind of treatment though?

Forever and for always a douche bag.
jared.jpg

Well, Marshall is over 100 yards in the first half. He continues to build his case. We will see what Calvin does.

Calvin Johnson has simply not been the same player he was in 2011 and 2012, and who can really blame him for that? Nevertheless, that was at the height of his prime, when he was undoubtedly the best WR in the game. The simple fact is that he isn't anymore, and he isn't definitively top 5 either. Is it mostly due to nagging injuries? Absolutely, but he has had games where he all but disappeared, and that's not to say Marshall hasn't, but Marshall has had the worst group of quarterbacks of any elite WR in this game, and it's not close. With consistent QB play, Brandon Marshall still gives you something every single Sunday, while Calvin Johnson sort of drops in for a nasty game and out for a pedestrian game the next week.

Quite frankly, the best WRs in the game right now, the elite class, is comprised of guys like Julio, Dez, Demaryius, AB, and AJ Green. After that, you've got your Megatrons, Marshalls, Fitzgerald's, etc. They're interchangeable, imo. I would personally take Marshall out of that group because I feel that he is the most consistent Sunday-by-Sunday WR so long as he has consistent QB play.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I'd take Calvin, but the conversation is much, much, closer than ya'll are admitting.

From a fan of the team Marshall has played for.....I'll take Megatron

BMarsh has been utterly dominant this year, playing with Ryan Fitzpatrick. This after a lot of people said he was ded.

After that, you've got your Megatrons, Marshalls, Fitzgerald's, etc. ... I would personally take Marshall out of that group because I feel that he is the most consistent Sunday-by-Sunday WR so long as he has consistent QB play.

If you're putting them in groups like that and saying that they hypothetically have consistent QB play, why not Fitzgerald over Marshall? I'd say Marshall is 3rd best out of that group of 3.

I didn't watch the game but did Cary Williams shut down Megatron?

I'm pretty sure Cary Williams has trouble shutting down his Xbox.

• Upvote 2

Calvin all day.

The only game I saw Calvin Johnson play this year was against Denver and he looked fine. Denver has a damn good defense too and he little boy'd Talib a couple times and Talib is at worst a top 3 CB. Maybe Detroit needs to force feed him like in the past because not much is working offensively for them anyway.

As for Marshall I think some people are correctly saying he's underrated. TO dropped passes too. Not saying Marshall has that kind of talent but it's hard to argue his production. I'm hesitant to say I'd take him over Megatron. It's only been 4 weeks. He'll get it together I think.

• Upvote 1

The only game I saw Calvin Johnson play this year was against Denver and he looked fine. Denver has a damn good defense too and he little boy'd Talib a couple times and Talib is at worst a top 3 CB. Maybe

Even if it wasn't Talib (I didn't watch the game), Roby has turned into a damn good corner from the looks of it.