DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Playoff Thread

Jesus Christ he's still playing?

well, that depends on how you define "still playing" he's on the roster, but he hasn't logged a minute since game one against the Spurs and he's only played 8 minutes this postseason, I think he's the perfect candidate

The Raptors have figured something out...

LIMIT the Cavs transition offense and don't settle for stupid shots that lead to Cavs transition. Also...

Bismack Biyombo if the Raptors were to magically pull this out should be MVP. Without him..they would be getting destroyed on the boards and has been a great presence as a rim protector. Also, the Raptors role players like Patterson and Ross have been doing what they do best with the occasional three ball.

Raptors def. turned it up a notch too on their home court, hopefully they can keep that intensity and that sense of belonging against the Cavs when they go back to Cleveland.

The Warriors? I'd be concerned if I'm the GS Warriors, but not in panic mode. OKC has you 2-1 and they have another game in OKC tonight...you can afford going down 3-1...but realize that the series goes back to GS and then for game 6 it goes to OKC? That would be absolute hell.

Also...Westbrook and Durant going off in the same game is not ideal....

Man, I could've imagined the Thunder beating the Warriors, but not simply dominate them the way they have. Thunder are legit, and the question of Durant's free agency is over.

Billy Donovan is absolutely bitch-slapping Steve Kerr in this series. Kerr being exposed as merely the driver of the car.

• Upvote 1

Billy Donovan is absolutely bitch-slapping Steve Kerr in this series. Kerr being exposed as merely the driver of the car.

In Game 1 Kerr had their defense set up to slack off Roberson, Adams, and Ibaka because he thought he was smart, so OKC just let Westbrook do his thing and after seeing Curry struggle to keep up guarding him which collapsed the defense plus tired Curry out, Kerr called a TO and trashed their entire defensive plan for the rest of the game. They went on to lose. Heard this from a reporter. :yao:

Also, when you know you're fucked:

https://twitter.com/_____0__o______/status/735326887845715969

Edited by CampinWithTheProlapse
  • Upvote 1

This series reminds me so much of some pass happy NFL offense getting bitch slapped by a team that gets physical with them and now that they can't run around wide open they don't know what to do.

• Upvote 1

Do you not remember that last season happened?

Do you not remember that last season happened?

I do, and I remember him making only one adjustment all season. Dude is an OK coach, but even middle of the road coaches can drive the best race car to first place.

They won 67 games and the championship. He didn't really have to make many adjustments. And the one he made was crucial in winning the title. If Kerr is a middle of the road coach, why were the Warriors mediocre with kackson?

• Upvote 1

They won 67 games and the championship. He didn't really have to make many adjustments. And the one he made was crucial in winning the title. If Kerr is a middle of the road coach, why were the Warriors mediocre with kackson?

Because Draymond hadn't quite developed and they had no bench. The Warriors would have won with Jackson last year. And they weren't mediocre under him. They were somewhere in 5-8 range of best teams in the league.

Because Draymond hadn't quite developed and they had no bench. The Warriors would have won with Jackson last year. And they weren't mediocre under him. They were somewhere in 5-8 range of best teams in the league.

That's middle of the road for contending teams. Going from there to inarguably the best team in the league is significant.

Like I said, Draymond Green wasn't Draymond Green yet

Is it really fair to assume Kerr had nothing to do with that development and the way he's been used?

• Upvote 1

Their entire system is different than it was under Jackson, lol.

I was a huge Jackson supporter and pissed that he got fired, but Kerr has definitely put them over the edge. Draymond's success is largely due to Kerr's defense and utilization of him in proper lineups. Well, until this series. :smug:

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

Draymond has been used perfectly under Kerr, having him feast on guys bugger than him. Once he's got someone more athletic and quick on him with any length, he's finished. KD has fist-fucked him this series.

• Upvote 2

I love watching the cocky Warriors get blown out. Can't stand anyone on that team anymore

How do you go 73-9 in the regular season and completely mess it up in the postseason? Hell the Warriors might not even take it to 6 with the way they're playing.

Go go my Durant I guess.

dIdLuXWB9b0i.jpg

Edited by RazorStar

This series reminds me so much of some pass happy NFL offense getting bitch slapped by a team that gets physical with them and now that they can't run around wide open they don't know what to do.

This is a good article on what Billy D and the Thunder are doing, plus why them doing it is working so well and it didn't for others:

How the Thunder’s defense is bringing the Warriors to their knees

Hope the Thunder can close the series out tonight.

It'd be great for their franchise and it'd be a testament to what Billy Donovan has done with relatively the SAME roster that Scott Brooks had.

I always said if the Thunder had their role players at least play to somewhat of their abilities this would be a tough team.

The development of Steven Adams, Enes Kanter, Roberson has made a world of difference compared to past years where they were just getting minutes and not contributing.

I think Donovan has a lot to do with that..and that is something that makes a coach and team special. Finish business in GS tonight..and get some rest for the Cavs.

it would be pretty hilarious to see a Thunder v Raptors finals :ninja:

(I'm well aware that Cleveland went back to shitting on Toronto once the series came back to Cleveland and the Raptors will need to win a road game 7, but I can dream, right?)

Oklahoma City vs Toronto would make Adam Silver puke, but be quite funny. Thunder/Cavs should be a fun series though, but I'm still not counting the Warriors out just yet. I know the odds look long, but you don't win 73 games for no reason. That team is dangerous and I'm sure Billy Donovan and that team knows they are not out of the woods yet.

Not surprised Warriors won tonight. Backs against the wall and at home. I expect the Thunder to take care of business in game 6. Of course if they don't, I'm not liking their chances in a game 7 at Oracle.

• Upvote 1

Not surprised Warriors won tonight. Backs against the wall and at home. I expect the Thunder to take care of business in game 6. Of course if they don't, I'm not liking their chances in a game 7 at Oracle.

I agree. If that series goes to 7 games, Warriors win it for sure IMO. Warriors wouldn't drop that game.

I don't know if I'm sold on the Thunder. They have been playing very well, but it seems like they have always found a way to lose when it matters against good teams. I'm hoping they can push through and make it.

As for the Cavs Raptors series, I think the Cavs close it out tonight. I think LeBron's got the teams head right and they come out and crush the Raptors again.