Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Who wins The NFCE?

The Skins record against teams with winning records was bad and being that they won the division last year they're likely to have a tougher schedule. I really don't like their chances to take the East again this year. Cousins is ok. Good enough to start for a lot of teams but still isn't a franchise QB. I mean they finally find some success and go right back to handing out huge contracts in free agency.

Dallas should probably be the favorite. They clearly have the most talent, but they have a lot of injury concerns. The biggest one being their star QB. With a healthy Romo they Cowboys will win this division with ease. Only problem is he's not getting any younger. There's not a lot of reason to believe they'll get better and Dallas was totally inept without him.

The Giants had a strong off season on paper. Their defense was absolutely horrendous last year. I like their pick ups of Robinson and Jenkins. The Giants haven't made the playoffs in a long time though. After Dallas I'd have to say the Giants have the next best shot but we all keep waiting for the Giants to do something and they keep falling short.

My Eagles did a lot of positive things in the off season. The biggest pluses being on the defensive side of the ball. They went back to the 4-3 and hired one of the best defensive coordinators in the league in Jim Schwartz. I think the Eagles have personnel that fits that scheme a lot better anyway. Maxwell is out and McKelvin is in. That's an immediate upgrade. Offensively their line won't be great but it'll be better with more depth. They still don't have a proven number 1 WR. They still don't have much of a lead back and Bradford is...Bradford. The only way this team improves offensively is if Wentz comes in at some point this year and plays really well. That probably won't happen until a little further down the road. The Eagles still have a shot at this division though because it's pretty bad.

I honestly have no idea who's going to take it. Right now while everyone is healthy I have to go with Dallas but the problem is they're never ficking healthy so who knows? Lol

Gotta go Dallas. If Romo plays half the season they'll go 8-8 at worst. That's honestly all it might take. Giants would be my next bet. Sterling Shepard and Paul Perkins are both beasts and the addition of Jenkins, Snacks, Vernon, Darian Thompson, and Apple make them a very dangerous team.

Edited by Chernobyl426

It's May, though.

The R words. The Cowboys tried to make themselves the greatest show on turf while the R words got much better on defense.

Edited by BC

It's May, though.

Usually on football message boards you discuss football year round...

The R words.

Are you fucking kidding me?

The R words?

• Upvote 1

Are you fucking kidding me?

The R words?

You don't have to take everything so seriously, my friend!

Dallas the favorite, NYG the dark horse. lolWashington. lolKirkCousins

I'd put them in this order:

Dallas (barring injury, they should win this division pretty easily)

Washington (the best of three bad teams)

Giants (they've improved, but I don't think it's enough)

Philly (I could definitely see them competing in '17, but I don't trust Bradford)

It's interesting but yeah definitely agree it's likely between Dallas and D.C. for now, Giants the darkhorse like always, we all know Philly is having a stop gap year (at QB) and hoping for the best. Gotta say Dallas I guess, not sure if Cousins can repeat but he's got great weapons to throw to. I wasn't a huge Matt Jones guy either, interested to see how their running game goes but they do got my boy FSU grad Chris Thompson and the Marshall kid outta UGA. We'll see.

Edited by CampinWithTheProlapse

Im going to go out on a bit of a limb here. Give me the Giants. I am still a Victor Cruz believer and him, OBJ, and Sterling Shepard is a downright scary threesome that none of the other teams can match- if Cruz is healthy. I also think the Giants will have the best QB play in the division, given that I don't think Romo can stay healthy the whole year.

If Romo stays healthy I expect Dallas to win the division. Redskins are taking a trip to Regression City, Giants will win if Romo goes down. Eagles just plain suck.

Edited by SteVo

:Redskins:

Defense...Defense...and moar Defense. The best defense in the division...

Edited by CrimsonRaider

You don't have to take everything so seriously, my friend!

Dallas the favorite, NYG the dark horse. lolWashington. lolKirkCousins

It's BC. I can't tell if he's joking. :slingblade:

The scary thing about Tony Romo is that he has never figured out how to avoid nasty hits when he does get hit. He does sometimes bail out and just fall down, and his elusiveness does keep him from getting hit a lot of the time, but every time he does actually get hit it looks awful.

:Giants:

A healthy Cowboys team obviously takes this division IMO. But you just cannot count on that happening. Romo, stay healthy please. Either way, the Giants should be right there with them. Ultimately, this should be a competitive division as usual and will probably come down to the last week of the season. The Redskins need to prove they can beat a winning team before they get any credit from me. The Eagles are rebuilding but the Chip sideshow is gone, so I'd expect them to quietly play a lot better this season.

The Eagles aren't a good football team. Don't forget that the Eagles with all the talk about them underachieving and Chip being fired because he lost the game, they were the hunt for the division crown and had their own destiny in their hands but couldn't pull it off. I think ATL hit the nail on the head. The best defense will win this division and I really want to see what Vinny Curry and Fletcher Cox can do as a starting DE in a 4-3 defense.I'm not saying the Eagles are winning it, but don't be so quick to dismiss them either.

Im going to go out on a bit of a limb here. Give me the Giants. I am still a Victor Cruz believer and him, OBJ, and Sterling Shepard is a downright scary threesome that none of the other teams can match- if Cruz is healthy. I also think the Giants will have the best QB play in the division, given that I don't think Romo can stay healthy the whole year.

We also got Dwyane Harris who's pretty damn speedy as well. If Cruz can come back this year, then the speed available to Eli is going to be down right nasty.

Defence for the Giants is were the biggest turn around has to happen. They were one of the worst defense in nfl history last year in yards allowed. I feel the addition of Snacks and Vernon will greatly help as well as the hopeful return of JPP now a year removed from his injury.

Jenkins should help in the case era and I expect Apple to get early playing time. Of that all works then I can see a nice bit of progession. If it's to win the division I'm not sure

I think Eli Apple was a terrible draft pick. Every time I watched tape of him he would be getting called for PI in the NFL and he just never seems to turn his head around when the ball is in the air. The Giants will regret taking him with their first round pick.

I think Eli Apple was a terrible draft pick. Every time I watched tape of him he would be getting called for PI in the NFL and he just never seems to turn his head around when the ball is in the air. The Giants will regret taking him with their first round pick.

He definitely went too high for a guy who is incredibly scrappy with his hands going down the field. Very similar to Trae Waynes in that regard. He has the athleticism and tackling that you want in a cornerback but he is going to really hurt that defense with pass interference calls. I'm interested to see where they play him anyways. I don't think he projects very well as an inside guy.

I'm not going to lie I honestly don't think Apple that early was a good pick with Hargreaves still on the board was the better pick at that point but the whole no red flag thing seems to have dominated this draft. Otherwise it Hargreaves if they were looking at CB would have been the better pick.

Edited by Bangy