Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Who wins the NFC North?

Sean got this going in the NFC East, but why not get a thread for every division? Player movement is pretty much done and minicamps are getting started, so this seems like a good time to get the discussion going

this one was a dogfight right to the end, can the Vikings repeat or do the Packers regain the crown?

The Vikings have a chance, but I think the Packers have to be the odds on favorite. The Bears and Lions will be laughed at most of the season, like usual, and may just be out of it by midseason.

Da_bears_heart_attack.gif

I can tell you with absolute certainty it won't be DA BEARS.

Packers 50%

Vikings 45%

Lions 5%

Bears Jay Cutler plz

• Upvote 1

I think the Bears will be better than you guys expect, but as long as Nelson is healthy, I think the Packers take this one easily.

Packers with ease. Nelson back. Eddie skinny. Line healthy. Still no ILB but fuck it.

:Vikings:

I believe the Vikings are the best all around team in the division. They have proved that they are a playoff caliber team but they still need to take that next step as a team. They need to take the leash off of Teddy and see what he can do when it is his offense. If not, and this is still AP's team then they have a lot less potential. The Packers should be back and healthy. It could go either way, I hope Teddy gets his chance to run the offense.

Chicago will be good if they stay healthy. You guys claiming Green Bay is going to walk away with it is funny. One guy doesn't make a team. Jordy Nelson is a great WR but Xavier Rhodes does a great job on him.

The Packers were pretty torn up with injuries last year and even though Jordy doesn't make or break a season we saw Rodgers in deep shit losing his security blanket. The Packers aren't overly impressive but I don't think the other teams in the NFC North have the talent to compete with them just yet.

I just want to see if Aaron Rodgers decline last year was only on missing Jordy. Hopefully that's not the case, but we might see a new QB take the consensus top spot this year.

Chicago will be good if they stay healthy. You guys claiming Green Bay is going to walk away with it is funny. One guy doesn't make a team. Jordy Nelson is a great WR but Xavier Rhodes does a great job on him.

The Packers weren't exactly a shitty team last year without Nelson. You add Nelson to any playoff team and he's going to make a huge difference.

I think you guys are overlooking how great Minnesota's roster is constructed, especially how specifically constructed they are to play against Green Bay.

I think you guys are overlooking how great Minnesota's roster is constructed, especially how specifically constructed they are to play against Green Bay.

Of course they are. The Packers have dominated that division for years but they barely beat GB out last year. I'm still not ready to bet against Rodgers in that division at this point. The guy had a pretty crazy season for for it being the worst since his first year as a starter. Look at his numbers man. I think one of the big reasons they missed Nelson so much is their depth behind him was atrocious, but Cobb works a lot better when Nelson is making the safeties play deep.

Last year was a fluke for Minny, in my eyes. Packers are the better all around team for sure, if they can stay healthy.

Not at all. The Vikings aren't nearly as effective on offense. They have a more talented defense but the offenses aren't even close when both teams are healthy. That's the key thing that makes the Packers more likely to win division.

Packers' and Vikings' defenses were surprisingly evenly matched a year ago. Neither one was really far an away better than the other. Statistically, the Vikes gave up 1 fewer points per game, 3rd down conversions were separated by 2% points, they had the same number of sacks, Almost the same number of turnovers forced... The only real difference was that the Packers were better against the pass (allowing QBs a rating of 80 against them verse 90 against the Vikings) while the Vikings were better against the run, allowing half as many TDs and half as many huge runs as the Packers (and 10 yards per game less).

So the defenses are very evenly matched, they just have different specialties... And even with the Packers offense performing at it's lowest level in over a decade, they still outpaced the Vikings (not saying a whole lot). With the said, Teddy is a year older, the Vikings got some new weapons, and the Packers should be healthy and hopefully operating with a healthy Cobb, Davante, Ty, and Jordy as well as a more fit Eddie Lacy and a non-slumping Aaron Rodgers...

Should be a fun one.

I think the Vikings defense should surpass the rest of the division this year due to youth that is now experienced. I expect the CBs to be Rhodes and Waynes--Waynes would have played more last year but Terence Newman showed why he's been a great corner when healthy for many years. Waynes is the ballhawk that Rhodes isn't, so I'm interested to see how the turnovers pile up.

Don't forget that Minnesota's primary defensive package is a variation of nickel because of how great Barr and Kendricks are. More defensive backs hopefully leads to more lockdown coverage allowing Everson Griffin and Danielle Hunter to get to the QB. I hope to see more 3rd down blitzes out of Barr and HSmith this season.

Minnesota has a chance to have an elite defense. I don't think Green Bay had that same chance.

Green Bay's young corners are better than Minnesota's.. Clay and Julius don't have the youth of the Vikings linebackers, but are more than able bodied to cause havoc. Harrison Smith is definitely a great player, but the Packers have one of the best safety DUOs in the entire league and Dix is only getting bigger and better (I am sorry). Big question mark for the Packers is if they can get the help inside and opposite Mike Daniels along the dline. I am not worried about replacing Raji because A) he sucked and B) even if Clark isn't up to speed as a rookie, Guion can at least play OK for a year.

You're gonna be all shook when the Packers D keeps up with Minnesota's.

Green Bay's young corners are not definitively better than Xavier Rhodes. If you're referring to Sam Shields, it's awfully close. Rhodes doesn't get enough credit.

This belief that Rhodes is some amazing corner and the 2nd coming of Revis is hilarious. Is he a solid corner? Yes, but he does get beat. Nelson has beat him before, he got beat by James fricking Jones last season...Nelson was our only really reliable deep threat that allowed our other WRs to work the underneath zones and make big plays. Without him, the safeties were able to sit on the underneath routes and the offense was lost. Not to mention, the injuries to the o-line or Lacy regressing. If the offense bounces back, which it theoretically should, then the Packers' offense outmatches the Vikings' defense. While the Packers' defense is steadily improving and Minny really didn't do much against them last season. If they let Teddy off his leash and he continues to grow, then they have a chance.

Maybe the Vikes can get Kuhn, since they love ex-Packers.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Xavier Rhodes is a lot better than "solid" lol

You read the part earlier where I said the Packers secondary, at least statistically, outpaced the Vikings... right? Granted, that's not an individual look at each guy... But if the Packers as an entire unit are outplaying Xavier Rhodes, their individual pieces can't be THAT bad.

Teddy Bridgewater is going to have nightmares about Shields / Randall / Rollins

:Vikings:

Better defense, Better ST's play...Packers have the edge in offense for sure..but...

No way Teddy B has a worse year than he had last year..and with a healthy offensive line and healthy AP?

AP, Diggs, Treadwell, Rudolph? Too many options to not be better than last year.

It'll be a dogfight til the end.