Rodgers stats these past 4 wins:

263 YPG, 9 TDs, 0 Ints, 69.7% completion percentage.

Defensibe rankings against the pass going tinto this week:

Houston: #2

Seattle: #7

Chicago: #6

Minnesota: #3

MVP? Thats with Davante dropping 3 TDs.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Rodgers was not good in the beginning of the year. It's the same argument people had for Wilson last year vs Cam. Wilson had a great second half but a slow start. Do you give it the guy who had the better second half, or the better overall?

It's Matt Ryan. As much as that pains me to say. Possibly Brady, but if you can give to Brady, you can give it to Arod.

In reality, it's a combination of both. If it were purely based on value, guys like David Johnson, Justin Tucker, Carson Wentz, LeSean McCoy would be in the conversation.

Nice try.

Real MVP is averaging 306 passing yards a game. He has 22 passing TDs to just 2 TDs. He has a completion of 66.9%. His team is 13-2.

Put some fucking respect on the greatest QB in NFL history.

usatsi_9006827.jpg

Edited by Chernobyl426
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Aaron has a better chance to win than Brady...Not to say his stats are better, because they aren't. But I would truly be shocked if he is given MVP in a season in which he served a 4 game suspension for cheating... lol. That'd just be ass-backwards.

Secondly, Jimmy G destroyed souls in the first two games. Jacoby Brissett started and won a game for the Patriots. I don't think a QB can win MVP when he has one more loss than his backup and the same number of losses as the backup to the backup. That's not Most Valuable Player worthy, IMO.

Probably just Matt Ryan.

Brady? No way, the team was 3-1 without him. You take Rodgers or Ryan away from their respective teams, they are sub .500. Without Rodgers, the only game I see the Packers winning was the 1st game against the Bears.

Rodgers is leading them all with 40 TDs (counting rushing TDs) and has taken a team everyone counted out to the playoffs. This is assuming Rodgers wins next week to take the division.

Just look at some of the plays he has had to made. Show me Brady dropping a 60yd dime and then having to hobble 60+ yds to spike it. Or Brady spinning away from a free rusher that has him dead to rights, then juking a DB for a TD.

I would say David Johnson if his team was actually winning and made the playoffs.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

I'm predicting Rodgers. The way he's played down the stretch is better than what Matt Ryan has played at any point of the season imo. They've played a lot of games this year with Ty Montgomery at RB. The offensive line is good but he's pretty much put the Pack on his back to a playoff birth and when they get there they'll be the hottest team in the NFC.

Has to be David Johnson. He's been the best player in the league this season.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The Real MVP is Earl Thomas. Without him the Seahawks went from NFC Contender to probably eliminated in the first round.

Matt Ryan should get it. But he probably won't because he is not really a house hold name. His stats are better than Rodgers and his defense is ass. If they had a decent D they would have a much better record.

Cause GB's defense is so great or cause Rodgers is the one with probably the best RB tandem in the league. If you take rushing stats into account, Rodgers has 6 more TDs. It should come down to this final week. If Rodgers has a big game against the Lions, he should win it.

Matt ryan has a 9.3 YPA though... that is just... godly.

I think Aaron probably does have the edge though, just because of the hype and his guarantee to run the table. If he plays well and wins the division he has the momentum.

A-Rod will probably win it due to his name recognition being so much greater than Matt Ryan's. But it really is Ryan's award in my eyes.

Matty Ice been so good from week 1. He should win it.

I'd give it to Ryan over Rodgers as well, if for the fact that Ryan has been that good for the whole season, while Rodgers was slow to start.

Cause GB's defense is so great or cause Rodgers is the one with probably the best RB tandem in the league. If you take rushing stats into account, Rodgers has 6 more TDs. It should come down to this final week. If Rodgers has a big game against the Lions, he should win it.

Packers D is still better than the dogshit Falcons D.

so I guess it's Ryan now lol

You guys see this team without Carr?

Clearly should be the MVP. Team played with no heart, effort...or care yesterday.

The Brady hate here is on another level smh.

Matt Ryan: 69.9% completion percentage, 309 yards passing per game, 38 touchdowns, 7 interceptions

Aaron Rodgers: 65.7% completion percentage, 276.8 yards passing per game, 40 touchdowns, 7 interceptions

Tom Brady: 67.4% completion percentage, 296.2 yards passing per game, 28 touchdowns, 2 interceptions

All three certainly had great seasons, but Brady has been absolutely phenomenal in terms of efficient football that lacks turnovers.

Edited by Chernobyl426

The Brady hate here is on another level smh.

Matt Ryan: 69.9% completion percentage, 309 yards passing per game, 38 touchdowns, 7 interceptions

Aaron Rodgers: 65.7% completion percentage, 276.8 yards passing per game, 40 touchdowns, 7 interceptions

Tom Brady: 67.4% completion percentage, 296.2 yards passing per game, 28 touchdowns, 2 interceptions

All three certainly had great seasons, but Brady has been absolutely phenomenal in terms of efficient football that lacks turnovers.

Brady needed 4 more games. Rodgers needed 4 more good ones. Matt Ryan is the MVP.

• Upvote 2

Hate? lol. Matty Ice is better in every way except TD:INT ratio. If you want to give someone MVP based on one stat, that's your prerogative, but it's not exactly hating for people to say Matt Ryan was the best QB this season.

While Brady was sitting at home for 25% of the season, Matty Ice was lighting it up, and continued to do so even after Brady came back. How can someone who misses 25% of anything be the most valuable? It's mathematically impossible.

NBA has 82 games, yea? Regardless of how good LeBron, Westbrook or Curry are, how would you possibly give them MVP if they missed 20 games? Same thing as an NFL player missing 4 games. Brady is not the most valuable by any measure whatsoever.

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 1

Brady needed 4 more games. Rodgers needed 4 more good ones. Matt Ryan is the MVP.

Nailed it.

The case against Tom Brady as NFL MVP - 2016

that's a very well thought out piece from ESPN, here's a brief snippet which summarizes the crux of the argument:

For one-quarter of this season, Brady was of literally no value to the Patriots whatsoever. Please think about that last sentence, because it's not throwaway hyperbole. If Brady had been injured and missed four games, he still could have been of some value -- as an in-game sounding board for backups Jimmy Garoppolo or Jacoby Brissett, or as a helpful observer at practice. As it stands, Brady was not in one single meeting, didn't attend one single practice and wasn't in the stadium for any of the team's first four games. He was prohibited from having any football-related contact with teammates or coaches. Assuming he followed those rules, he made absolutely no contribution to anything the Patriots did for the first four weeks of the season.