GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

I missed it?! Damn! Is it gonna be on AMC again this season?

Carrie. Sufficient but not great

The Exorcist - 10/10

Never seen it before, was pretty scary. Those 70s horror movies. :yep:

Honestly, I'm surprised you liked it. I think the horror genre gets dated very quickly, and a lot of contemporary viewers seeing The Exorcist for the first time find it cheesy and not that scary. In 1974, of course, different story.

Carrie - The new one.

Watched Cujo the other day too.

Edited by Bucman

Hold horror movies are the best ones to watch... I hate pretty much every contemporary horror film, lol. The old classics though... Don't get me wrong, watching them now definitely gives you that campy super cheesy feel, but that's part of why they are so awesome.

I went back and watched the first 3 Alien movies back before Prometheus released. MAN... So awesome! lol.

I went back and watched the first 3 Alien movies back before Prometheus released. MAN... So awesome! lol.

The first three? Really? The first two, for sure, but the third, ehhhh....

The first three? Really? The first two, for sure, but the third, ehhhh....

Compared to the first two, ya it is no comparison. I think it has it's own merits though. It's decent movie, and I think too many people hold it to the light of the first two. Nothing spectacular or ground breaking, but solid enough.

Ender's Game

I liked it a lot. Started a little slow, but it picks up quickly.. I enjoyed a lot of the visuals and it's a really rather intriguing topic / story. One complaint though, it seemed a bit rushed. Even for a 2 hour movies, it felt like A LOT was left out and they kind of just hastily pieced together what they could. Can't wait for the next 12 movies.

Asa Butterfield was really fantastic, as well. I first got to see him on the BBC show, Merlin, and thought he was pretty good on there too. I haven't seen anything else by him (yet), namely Hugo, but I may in the near future.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Thor 2.

Way better than Thor 1, IMO. Good, but not excellent.

Is it the typical Marvel movie? Because Marvel movies really don't impress me.

• Upvote 1

Saw Thor 2 last night, I really enjoyed it and thought they did a good job. I would say that it is a typical Marvel movie, action packed that includes a lot of punch lines that had me laughing a few times. I liked the story in this movie more than others.

Saw The Hunter starring Willem Dafoe.

Summary: A dude is hired by a company to kill the last Tasmanian Tiger on earth, though common belief says that the species is extinct. His presence in the small Tasmanian town doesn't go unnoticed and the reception is cold. They all secretly have an idea of what he's up to. He is offered a place to stay by the wife of Gera-something, who was trying to kill the last Tiger as well, so that people would stop coming to find it/kill it. Gera has been missing for a year and a half at this point, which ignites suspicions from Martin (Dafoe). As the movie goes on, the locals start to inhibit his mission more and more, and he finds out a lot about the history of the region and the Tiger's affect on the town.

At the end, he shoots the tiger, but then I don't get what happens. I would imagine he burned the body so that its toxins couldn't be used for the way the corporation wanted it, but then he spreads the ashes of the tiger.. fine. Then he goes to the orphaned boy, and the kid runs to him and the movie ends. I guess it makes more sense than it did to me last night but I just don't understand and I feel that the ending was really open. Would have like it to close off more.

Edit- I would recommend the movie. 7.5/10

Edited by badgers

I would say that it is a typical Marvel movie, action packed that includes a lot of punch lines that had me laughing a few times.

And with that, I probably won't see it. It's not that I think they are bad, but I think they are so overhyped. I had to try to convince myself that Avengers was better than Dark Knight Rises - like my friends claimed it was - but I had a hard time even comparing it to some superhero movies that I'm not all that fond of (Spider-man 3).

• Upvote 1

This thread has just shown us that vikingfan has no soul.

I completely understand how VikingFan feels. I was not excited to watch The Avengers at all and it did not blow me away like the Nolan Batman trio (well, not TDKR...) did.

• Upvote 1

Thor was awesome! Definitely better than the first installment. I did feel that there was too much Anthony Hopkins/Odin though.. He got a ton of screen time. Somebody who needs MORE screen time? Heimdel / Idris Elba... I totally skewed that spelling, but what a complete bad ass. I love his character... Maybe more than Thor :laugh:. I am thinking he gets his own movie soon... But that may not play well... So somebody should cast Elba as The Green Lantern and get that shit filmed ASAP.

The relationship between Thor and Loki was very well crafted, and a huge portion of the movie. Can't wait for #3!

Is it the typical Marvel movie? Because Marvel movies really don't impress me.

I've only seen the first Thor movie but it's got Thor in it and Natalie Portman in it. What's not to like?

Man I watch boring shit compared to the rest of you.

... Benchwarmers

Saw Thor 2 tonight. It was great. Good action, great comedy moments. Loki was the shit, he's an amazing actor. Chris Evans' cameo was fantastic :rofl:

Also on that note, the preview for Winter Soldier was incredible. Can't wait for that movie.

• Upvote 1

You would think it would be a sad day when Stan Lee has his cameo shadowed, but man.. That was absolutely hilarious. Maybe the best moment in the entire movie. ha

Mud.It was strange but kept my attention. Good flick.