Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

How many Hall of Famers are on your team?

Just happened to be pondering this with the Eagles, thought I'd throw it out there for everyone. It's fun to think about.

:Eagles:

Stone cold locks: Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, Zach Ertz, Fletcher Cox

Looking good, but not a lock: Jason Kelce, Brandon Graham

On track, but still young: Carson Wentz

Possible, but probably not: Malcolm Jenkins

Should be on their way: Von Miller

Outside shot but needs a lot of work: Bradley Chubb, Philip Lindsay

Is the hall really dumb enough to let every guy in who wins a super bowl at QB: Joe Flacco

No Chance: Basically everyone else

• Upvote 1

Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner are two guys that would have to fall off a cliff or suffer career ending injuries relatively soon to be kept out of it, in all likelihood. 

Wouldn't be super shocked if everyone on the roster aside from them misses out on the hall. If I had to pick someone who has the best shot outside of those two? Hmm. Clowney has never had double digit sacks, though is only 26, yet I doubt we retain him and he isn't the most durable guy. I guess I would select DK Metcalf, just because we saw serious flashes of his abilities in week 1. He's so large he doesn't really have to do much to get open, ala Michael Thomas of the Saints. Wouldn't be shocked if injuries kill his chances of the hall, but I'd still probably pick him as the next most likely guy out of what we have. He'll definitely make a pro bowl or two or three. 

Not much for the Titans:

Only absolute lock (as in could retire now and would be inducted in five years) is Cameron Wake, though admittedly that's not for anything he's done with the Titans

Only others that I think have a solid case right now are Jurrell Casey and Delanie Walker, but neither get the national attention they should so I'm not holding my breath

If punters mattered I think Brett Kern would be in the discussion, but that'll never happen

We have a very young team, and there are definitely some that I could see building a case, but I think the only other names that belong in a serious conversation are Kevin Byard and Taylor Lewan, anyone else I'd mention has less than three years in the league and that's way too soon to tell

Luke Kuechly is the only one I think we have as a pretty surefire Hall of Famer currently on the team.

Peppers will make it, Steve Smith should make it.

Currently? Ben and that's about it. Maybe Joe Haden. I guess probably Pouncey, though I don't think he deserves it at all. Maurkice has been overrated since before he was drafted.

Former players: Troy (if he doesn't make 1st ballot this year I will rampage), James Harrison, Faneca (snubbed multiple times already), Ward, Antionio Brown (meh), and possibly Bell if he keeps up the pace and avoids injury.

Should get in but prolly won't: Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith

Calais Campbell?

Probably no one.

9 hours ago, SteVo said:

Just happened to be pondering this with the Eagles, thought I'd throw it out there for everyone. It's fun to think about.

I would say Kelce is a lock and Lane Johnson is iffy because of the PED's. I would say Jenkins should get in but probably agree with you on him and as much as it pains me to say it, Brandon Graham doesn't have anywhere near the sack production to even really be considered for the hall of fame. As far as Carson Wentz... let's see him put together a whole season first. He's not even on track at this point. If he plays at his highest level this year and finishes out the season then yeah but at this point considering his college injury history along with the pros it's a stretch to say he's on track.

Another big wild card on the Eagles is Darren Sproles. He probably doesn't get in, I know, but his stats are crazy. He's about to pass fucking Tim Brown in all-purpose yards.

15 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

Said it before, and I'll say it again, Frank Gore should not be in the HoF.

That's fine as long as we're agreeing on Josh Allen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blotsfan said:

That's fine as long as we're agreeing on Josh Allen. 

lol, he did slay some Giants this weekend.

Someone else I suppose could make it from the Steelers is David DeCastro, but he's gotta pile on the all pros and play forever.

J.J. Watt seems like a lock, and DeAndre Hopkins could get there if he maintains his consistency (which I think he will)

Deshaun could get there as well, but it's too early right now. The potential is definitely there.

On 9/14/2019 at 11:47 AM, SteVo said:

Lane is a lock? Ehhhhhhhh

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is it possible to have a negative number here?

But seriously...I'd say Reshad Jones might be the only one, and that's a very outside shot.  If we hadn't let Wake go, he feels like a lock. 

• Like 1

Yanda. He is the best o line player, and maybe offensive player of his generation.

Earl Thomas. Not for shit he did with us.

Ronnie Stanley has an outside shot. He is the best LT in the league.

Marlon Humphrey is playing like it, but it is too early to tell.

Stone Cold Lock(s): Harrison Smith, Anthony Barr (so long as Barr maintains his level of play)

Had potential but is slowing down: Xavier Rhodes. If he regains form and carries it for 2-3 more seasons, I think he has a chance. I don't see it happening, though. I think he's washed. 

Young but with the potential: Dalvin Cook, Danielle Hunter, Stefon Diggs, Adam Theilen. MAYBE Eric Kendricks

On 10/29/2019 at 5:26 PM, Omerta said:

Yanda. He is the best o line player, and maybe offensive player of his generation.

Earl Thomas. Not for shit he did with us.

Ronnie Stanley has an outside shot. He is the best LT in the league.

Marlon Humphrey is playing like it, but it is too early to tell.

Justin Tucker>Yanda :yao:

Checkers rarely make it in. And USB stoned off your ass if you think Marshal yanda is not putting together a greater body of work than Justin Tucker at this point.

yonder has played in the trenches for almost 14 years, most kickers don't have a career that long. Not to mention, he still doing it at a pro bowl or all pro level.

is Justin Tucker puts together another 10 years, he'll absolutely be on this list, or at least should be.

On 10/29/2019 at 5:10 PM, BwareDWare94 said:

Stone Cold Lock(s): Harrison Smith, Anthony Barr (so long as Barr maintains his level of play)

Had potential but is slowing down: Xavier Rhodes. If he regains form and carries it for 2-3 more seasons, I think he has a chance. I don't see it happening, though. I think he's washed. 

Young but with the potential: Dalvin Cook, Danielle Hunter, Stefon Diggs, Adam Theilen. MAYBE Eric Kendricks

Harrison Smith is another person who should be in the Hall of very good. He is a great player, but when I think of the greatest safeties of the last 20 years he doesn't make the list, at least not in the top five.