Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

2011 Bold Prediction Thread

Or stupid... ha.

In the past, we try coming up with predictions that are at least plausible....

It's football. Anything can happen. If he had said the Cardinals or Panthers or something...then that'd be a little too far IMO.

Anthony Spencer has 10+ sacks

Eli Manning has under 15 picks

Michael Vick throws less than 20 TDs

Tony Romo throws 30 TDs

The Vikings make the playoffs

The Lions go 6-10

The Cardinals win the NFC West

It's football. Anything can happen. If he had said the Cardinals or Panthers or something...then that'd be a little too far IMO.

You say anything can happen... Which is true. But then give an example of teams that have no shot, and would be considered "too far"... Sounds kind contradictory to me. :D

Considering the tough division they're in, the shakiness of the offensive line coupled with Michael Vick's style of play, I don't think it's bold at all to say the Eagles miss the playoffs entirely. Against the Cowboys and Giants, 10 wins may not be enough to get in. And once they do get in, we all know Andy Reid's history of playoff choke jobs. Predicting the Eagles to lose in the playoffs is not bold.

I personally think the NFC South is a battle between Tampa and New Orleans and I don't see Atlanta making the playoffs, and based on everything else I've seen, it seems like most people consider it a pretty even three-way battle. People on TGP, especially, are giving the Bucs the credit they deserve. If there's any part of this that's bold, it's predicting that the Falcons miss the playoffs entirely.

Eh, I've seen a lot of predictions (not so much on TGP but elsewhere) that the Lions will finally take that step this year and finish 2nd in the NFC North, challenging for a playoff spot. It may be semi-bold, but it's a popular pick. And we all know how abysmal Chicago's offense can be. A collapse is not out of the question.

As soon as Aso landed in Philly, articles popped up everywhere declaring the Eagles as the best team in NFC. Not so much on this site but sites like Bleacherreport where its all just fans writing articles, the Eagles became the favorite to win the NFC while ESPN has them at #3, NFL.com has them #4, and PFF has them at #5. I realize Philly struggles in the playoffs, especially the past decade but to say they will be one and done while a lot of people think they will make it to the Superbowl is somewhat bold.

The Bucs have been ranked in the top 15 by most and some are predicting success but a lot of predictions for the Bucs is them competing for the #6 seed instead of just falling short of winning the division.

I think they are somewhat bold but I'll toss out a new one:

Tarvaris Jackson will turn his career around and lead the Seahawks to a 10-6 record with a playoff win.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Jamaal Charles will come up just three yards short of breaking Eric Dickerson's single season rushing record.

Aaron Rodgers wins MVP award(not sure how bold that is)

Andre Johnson wins Offensive player of the year after catching 22 TDs

You say anything can happen... Which is true. But then give an example of teams that have no shot, and would be considered "too far"... Sounds kind contradictory to me. :D

If someone would have said the Cardinals would be in Super Bowl in Aug 2007, that would have seemed unrealistic.

If someone would have said the Saints would be in the NFC Championship game in Aug 2005, that would have seemed unrealistic.

If someone would have said the Patriots would miss the playoffs in Aug 2007, that would have seemed unrealistic.

It's not college ball, the NFL has quite a bit of parity.

I believe the Lions are on the verge, they've got one of the best receivers in the league, one of the best defensive linemen, coupled with one of the best defensive linemen in this years draft, opposing QBs are not going to be happy playing them.

I believe they can take the NFC...and that they can upset the Eagles.

Edited by Krawnka

If someone would have said the Cardinals would be in Super Bowl in Aug 2007, that would have seemed unrealistic.

If someone would have said the Saints would be in the NFC Championship game in Aug 2005, that would have seemed unrealistic.

If someone would have said the Patriots would miss the playoffs in Aug 2007, that would have seemed unrealistic.

It's not college ball, the NFL has quite a bit of parity.

I believe the Lions are on the verge, they've got one of the best receivers in the league, one of the best defensive linemen, coupled with one of the best defensive linemen in this years draft, opposing QBs are not going to be happy playing them.

I believe they can take the NFC...and that they can upset the Eagles.

Add to the fact that they have a pretty shit secondary.

• Upvote 2

Eric Wright, Chris Houston, and Nathan Vasher have potential...as a Bears fan, you've seen Vasher flash of greatness before.

The safeties are the weak point in their secondary, and I have doubts about their Linebackers, but the pass rush should make all of their jobs easier.

Eric Wright, Chris Houston, and Nathan Vasher have potential...as a Bears fan, you've seen Vasher flash of greatness before.

The safeties are the weak point in their secondary, and I have doubts about their Linebackers, but the pass rush should make all of their jobs easier.

Nathan Vasher is good but the Lions are stupid and did not start him till Alphonso Smith started to get ripped up. Eric Wright for the past two seasons has been the worst corner in football.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

1. The Panthers take the NFC South.

2. The Lions take the NFC North.

3. Harbaugh leads the Niners to take the NFC West.

4. The Browns take a wildcard in the AFC.

As far as the rest of the AFC goes: Predicting the Texans to get in isn't really bold, they're supposed to have been in the playoffs the last 4 or 5 years. Colts don't have enough competition in the South, Pats or Jets take the East, Ravens/Steelers take the North, and San Diego back on top in the West.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 2

This Lions talk is so damn premature.

• Upvote 1

Nathan Vasher is good but the Lions are stupid and did not start him till Alphonso Smith started to get ripped up. Eric Wright for the past two seasons has been the worst corner in football.

past ONE season. Not two. He was one of the better CBs in the NFL 2 years ago.

In his four years there (Cleveland), he had three different defensive coordinators, three different defensive backs coaches and two different head coaches. The Browns also despite all the excessive blitzing they did didn’t have a pss rush, which hung their defensive backs out to dry, here in Detroit Shwartz' scheme's goal is to get pressure using solely your front four so he's rarely going to be put on an island.

The whole "Detroit Lions have shit secondary that's gonna get shredded like cheese, and we have an absolute shit hole secondary" lines that everyone keeps using this off season is getting old. Last year with Delmas playing through an injury the whole season, a rookie learning to switch from CB to SS and virtually no depth due to injury we still managed to be nowhere near the bottom of the league in a lot of passing categories defensively. There is nothing to suggest all our players haven't improved, Delmas is healthy, and on paper we have one of the more deep lines in the NFL who can produce pressure. Our play should be nowhere near as bad as some of you are making it out to be... Hell, it wasn't even as bad last year as some of you guys are making it out to be.

I'm not saying we have a pro bowl caliber secondary, or that we are a guaranteed 8,9 10 win season clearly we have question marks in the back end. I'm the one who predicted we go 8-8... But some of you guys are over reacting way too much with how bad you think our secondary is going to be.

1. Michael Vick ends up with a disappointing year, not even in MVP talks, and fails to meet the expectations of a Super Bowl.

2. The Lions go under .500 as their team is plagued by injuries.

3. The Jets fail to reach the playoffs, making Rex Ryan's promise a failure yet again.

4. The Texans sweep the Colts and make this the first year they begin to take the AFC South from the Colts.

5. Tony Romo has a phenominal season and is in the MVP discussions until the Cowboys fail to meet or have an early exit out of the playoffs.

Bengals make it to the AFCCG

Someone breaks Dan Marino's most passing yards in a season. Not sure who but most likely Rivers will do it.

Alex Smith has a good season. 3,000+ yards,30TD's and 15INT's.

Dallas makes it to the NFCCG as wildcard as Tony Romo wins 2 playoff games.

Tim Tebow starts to swear at the media when he isn't starting by game 7.

Chiefs win a playoff game.

After one season of playing or riding the bench, Andy Dalton and Jake Locker are declared elite QB's by John Clayton. (Wait I forgot Clayton thinks every QB is elite)

Reggie Bush stays healthy for the entire season.

Edited by Eefluxx

YOU WANT BOLD?!?!?! I'LL GIVE YOU BOLD!!

The Colts AND the Eagles fail to make the playoffs by losing their last 2 games!!!!!!

The AFCWC winners are the Chiefs and the Jags!!!!!!

The NFCWC winners are the Cowboys and Falcons!!!!!

The Divisional winners will be the Pats, Steelers, Texans, Chargers. Giants, Packers, Bucs, and 49ers. Yes I said 49ers!!!!!!

The 49ers will knock off the Cowboys in the WC round!!!

The Chargers will once again face the Patriots for the AFC Title!!!

The Giants will ALSO face the Packers for the NFC Title!!!!

2007 DEJA VU! WITH VICTOR CRUZ MAKING THE WIDE OPEN CATCH AT THE 30, DODGING 2 DEFENDERS TO MAKE THE TOUCHDOWN SEALING THE DEAL! GIANTS SB CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Ok, someone else can borrow my balls now.

Haha some of these are great. I'll go bold and say that Plaxico Burress makes the Pro Bowl and wins NFL Comeback Players of the Year.

Seahawks have a winning record and a 1000yd rusher (Lynch). T-Jax throws more TDs than INTs.

The Vikings will sweep the Lions.

Somebody in the NFC West has a winning record.

Felix Jones slides into the top 10 for total yards out of runningbacks.

The Philadelphia Eagles miss the playoffs.

The Seahawks start 4 different quarterbacks throughout the season.

Earl Thomas becomes the top rated safety by the end of the year.

My prediction. .

Alex Smith turns out to be the quarterback he was originally projected under the watchful eye of Jim Harbaugh.

• Upvote 2

My prediction. .

Alex Smith turns out to be the quarterback he was originally projected under the watchful eye of Jim Harbaugh.

Now THATS bold. :yep:

Especially when the dude has looked like shit thus far. If things had changed I think we would see a little evidence of it.

• Downvote 1

Guest MikeyDay

Jets and Texans play for AFC Championship and the Jets win.

The Redskins offense ranks in the top 10 in the league led by John Beck.