5. Hakeem Nicks

6. Dwayne Bowe

7. Mike Williams (TB)

8. Greg Jennings

9. Stevie Johnson

10. Marques Colston

And I can give an explanation for all of them if need be! lol

• Downvote 1

How do you justify Mike Williams and Stevie Johnson in the Top 10 after a single season to back them up?

1. Larry Fitzgerald

2. Andre Johnson

3. Calvin Johnson

4. Reggie Wayne

5. Roddy White

6. Greg Jennings

7. Mike Wallace

8. Dwayne Bowe

9. Miles Austin

10. Vincent Jackson

This is a quick list without doing any real research or anything, I may make a new one when I feel like looking stuff up.

1.Larry Fitzgerald

2.Andre Johnson

3.Calvin Johnson

4.Roddy White

5.Greg Jennings

6.Reggie Wayne

7.Dwayne Bowe

8.Mike Wallace

9.Hakeem Nicks

10.DeSean Jackson

Honorable mentions: Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, Mike Williams (TB), Marques Colston, Brandon Marshall

1) Andre Johnson

2) Larry Fitzgerald

3) Megatron

4) Greg Jennings

5) Roddy White

6) Reggie Wayne

7) Hakeem Nicks

8) Brandon Lloyd

9) Mike Wallace

10) Santonio Holmes

1. Andre Johnson

2. Calvin Johnson

3. Larry Fitzgerald

4. Mike Wallace

5. Roddy White

6. Reggie Wayne

7. Vincent Jackson

8. Greg Jennings

9. Dwayne Bowe

10. DeSean Jackson

I know I'm the biggest Greg Jennings fan here but I just don't see how you cab justify putting him below top 5 after last year. He's looking like he's about to have another sick year.

1. Larry Fitz

2. Andre Johnson

3. Calvin Johnson

4. Roddy White

5. Greg Jennings

6. Reggie Wayne

7. Marques Colston

8. Dwayne Bowe

9. Mike Wallce

10. Hakeem Nicks

1. Andre Johnson

Doesn't get much better than this, when 86 catches for 1216 is considered a bad year for you, you're pretty much paving your way to the hall.

2. Larry Fitzgerald

Really shows that you can only do so much with a terrible QB, still made the most of his opportunities, breaking the 1000 yard mark, and 90 catches for four years in a row.

3. Calvin Johnson

The biggest physical freak on this list, runs deep better than anyone. he hasn't broken into the statistical stratosphere that the other guys have, but his hands, height, weight, speed and attitude make him a good choice here.

4. Reggie Wayne

Has been Peyton's go to guy the past five years, and he's always consistently there to pick up the slack. this is his 6th season in a row with at least 80/1000/5, and third season in the last four with over 100 receptions.

5. Roddy White

He's the new Peyton's safety blanket. I remember when he came into the league he had the dropsies, but once Vick left he looked good with guys like Chris Redman and Joey Harrington throwing the ball, and amazing with Matt Ryan throwing the ball. Is Vick some kind of Football Ewing?

6. Greg Jennings

I shouldn't have to say anything about him but...

7. Mike Wallace

He's an amazing deep threat, not as well rounded as the guys in the top six, but hey. When it comes down to it, no one in the league can beat him in a footrace. Well I'd know that for sure if they did the fastest man competitions at the pro bowl again.

8. Santana Moss

Surprise? He was the only receiver in Washington worth a damn, you'd think a guy who has played for 'Merica's biggest city and it's capital would get a little more respect. Even though he lost his game breaking speed, his game is so well rounded now that he's really hard to stop.

9. (Over the) Dwayne Bowe

Bowe is inconsistent as hell, but he's one of the few receivers who can out tough Champ Bailey, and that's worth mad props. He had his second 1000 yard season, and caught 15 TD's this year because Matt Cassel has tunnel vision. Good for him, bad for the chiefs. Really reminds me of Terrell Owens, with a bit less attitude.

10. Hakeem "Not Stevie" Nicks

Got to love a guy who immediately stepped up into the number one role since Plax went to jail. He skill set is amazing, and he's a physical freak. He needs to work on his route running a little bit more, but Eli has a awesome guy to throw the ball up to.

Honorable mention: Brandon Lloyd

If he truly has gotten over his alligator arm syndrome, he's gonna be one of the best around. He makes circus catches look routine, and the only guy I can say that has done that before him is Chris Carter. Pretty good company in my opinion. Orton is gonna be looking his way all season long.

1. Larry Fitzgerald

2. Andre Johnson

3. Calvin Johnson

4. Roddy White

5. Greg Jennings

6. Reggie Wayne

7. Dwayne Bowe

8. Mike Wallace

9. Marques Colston

10. Hakeem Nicks

Edited by Shotgun

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Andre Johnson

3. Larry Fitzgerald

4. Roddy White

5. Greg Jennings

6. Reggie Wayne

7. Marques Colston

8. Hakeem Nicks

9. Mike Wallace

10. Dwayne Bowe

Andre Johnson

Calvin Johnson

Roddy White

Mike Wallace

Larry Fitzgerald

Greg Jennings

Santonio Holmes

Mike Williams

DeSean Jackson

Dwayne Bowe

1. Larry Fitzgerald

2. Andre Johnson

3. Greg Jennings

4. Calvin Johnson

5. Roddy White

6. Reggie Wayne

7. Brandon Marshall

8. Brandon Llyod

9. Mike Wallace

10. Dwayne Bowe

1. Andre Johnson

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Calvin Johnson

4. Roddy White

5. Greg Jennings

6. Reggie Wayne

7. Dewayne Bowe

8. Hakeem Nicks

9. Mike Wallace

10. Vincent Jackson

1. Andre Johnson

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Calvin Johnson

4. Greg Jennings

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Roddy White

7. Santonio Holmes

8. Hakeem Nicks

9. Mike Wallace

10. Desean Jackson

How do you justify Mike Williams and Stevie Johnson in the Top 10 after a single season to back them up?

I feel like the NFL is a "What have you done for me lately" league, not a "what have you done for me the past 10 years." I can easily say that Williams and Johnson both had great separation from defenders, and they ran good routes. They came up big in important situations. Well, not so much Johnson, but I take into account that Johnson simply had a crappy team to play on and still managed to have a great season.

Unfortunately for myself, I'm a guy that looks more at how the guys play, footwork, etc. And less at the stats. Although of course, if you're doing all the above, the stats should be there. I really think that if it weren't for a whole wide range of big injuries to the Colts, Reggie Wayne would have had a down year.

Want my explanation for the entire list?

Edited by Chris D

And not to mention, you can't base the top 10 receivers currently in the NFL off of an entire career. If you did that, then you would HAVE to include retired players like Jerry Rice, Randy Moss etc. Gotta go based on the year past, and what they show in raw skills against defenses.

And not to mention, you can't base the top 10 receivers currently in the NFL off of an entire career. If you did that, then you would HAVE to include retired players like Jerry Rice, Randy Moss etc. Gotta go based on the year past, and what they show in raw skills against defenses.

Since the question asks "top 10 WRs in the league?" you wouldn't even think of including retired players. Instead you go on the current receivers and what they've done in the last 2-4 years plus their potential to continue to be elite. I wouldn't put T.O. on my list now, even though he's still playing but he definitely makes my list of the top 10 WRs of all time.

Based on what you are saying, Ochocinco would still be top 5 then. So would a guy the name of Brandon Marshall. . . But they don't even break the top 10. So, my thing is, how can you say not to base it off 1 season, then cut guys off the list because they had 1 off season to their name? See where I'm getting at.

I'm getting crap for putting Stevie Johnson and Mike Williams on my list when guys have equal break-out receivers Brandon Lloyd and Mike Wallace on their list.

I don't get it. :shrug:

Edited by Chris D

I feel like the NFL is a "What have you done for me lately" league, not a "what have you done for me the past 10 years." I can easily say that Williams and Johnson both had great separation from defenders, and they ran good routes. They came up big in important situations. Well, not so much Johnson, but I take into account that Johnson simply had a crappy team to play on and still managed to have a great season.

Unfortunately for myself, I'm a guy that looks more at how the guys play, footwork, etc. And less at the stats. Although of course, if you're doing all the above, the stats should be there. I really think that if it weren't for a whole wide range of big injuries to the Colts, Reggie Wayne would have had a down year.

Want my explanation for the entire list?

So you put two guys on your top ten list who ran near the tops in drops last season. Stevie Johnson with 13 drops and Mike Williams with 11.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

And im sure you can blame a young Josh Freeman and a horrible Fitzpatrick for a lot of those drops by both of them.

Ill fold my cards knowing that everyone is just compiling stats and not looking at both stats and skills. I also wonder why people agree with Hakeem Nicks on the list too. Kind of contradictive isnt it?

And im sure you can blame a young Josh Freeman and a horrible Fitzpatrick for a lot of those drops by both of them.

Ill fold my cards knowing that everyone is just compiling stats and not looking at both stats and skills. I also wonder why people agree with Hakeem Nicks on the list too. Kind of contradictive isnt it?

He definitely doesn't belong at 5.. But at least he has more than one good year under his belt.

• Upvote 1

Hakeem Nicks is showing signs that he can do it year in and year out. Fitzpatrick is a competent Qb Steve Johnson had 5 drops in one game. That's unacceptable from what you call a Top ten WR, That's definitely not just Fitzpatrick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGJWBWcFD_4 this was one of many of steve johnson drops that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7eD5mwZeBY this was another steve johnson drop that lead to a turnover in the redzone.

The rest of those drops for that game.

:rolleyes: that sure looked like it was Fitzpatricks fault.

Edited by monstersofthemidway
  • Upvote 1

Since the question asks "top 10 WRs in the league?" you wouldn't even think of including retired players. Instead you go on the current receivers and what they've done in the last 2-4 years plus their potential to continue to be elite. I wouldn't put T.O. on my list now, even though he's still playing but he definitely makes my list of the top 10 WRs of all time.

Based on what you are saying, Ochocinco would still be top 5 then. So would a guy the name of Brandon Marshall. . . But they don't even break the top 10. So, my thing is, how can you say not to base it off 1 season, then cut guys off the list because they had 1 off season to their name? See where I'm getting at.

I'm getting crap for putting Stevie Johnson and Mike Williams on my list when guys have equal break-out receivers Brandon Lloyd and Mike Wallace on their list.

I don't get it. :shrug:

Dude, read the entire post. I said guys who have been consistently elite PLUS have the ability/age/skill to continue to do so. Ocho Cinco hasn't been elite for about 3 years now.