Favre4Ever

New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers

There is also an hour long kickoff show, which will be (in all likelihood) interrupted by Obama's speech. Luckily I believe NFL Network will be airing it in it's entirety.

Should be a great matchup and will start the NFL season off with a bang.

Only one question remains......

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!?!

:rock::party::thumbup2:

• Upvote 1

Can't wait for the season to start! Still dissapoited the Bears aren't in this game, though. It worked great having the opening game be a matchup of the 2010 NFCCG last year, so I wish they would do it this year, as well. Packers-Bears to start the season would be so sweet.

I'm incredibly excited for this matchup! Should be a very exciting premiere to the 2011-2012 NFL season :D

the pregame ceremony for Kickoff'11: The NFL just announced that 32 NFL alumni will take part in a pregame ceremony in which each will hold his team’s flag. Those players will form a chute onto the field with the AFC on one side and the NFC on the other. Green Bay Hall of Famer Bart Starr will walk through that gauntlet holding the Green Bay flag, followed by the Packers.

Beast mode...

^ YEEEESSSSS!

:Packers: 21

:Saints: 17

Edited by gobadgers77

Beast mode...

Damn that's awesome. Why does it seem like all 31 other teams do cooler pregame ceremonies than the Bears?

EDIT:

:Packers: 21

:Saints: 14

Edited by WindyCitySports

Lets go Pack. Rape the Saints.

Just let Pierre Thomas score a TD or two. :ninja:

Badass game to start off the season.

:Saints: 21

:Packers: 28

( I always put the home team on bottom)

I suppose I'll be the only one to pick the Saints to win.

:Saints: 27

:Packers: 23

GO PACK GO!!

I dunno if I want a good game more or enjoy watching the Packers beat the dog shit out of the Saints...less likely I know.

:Saints: 56

:Packers: 17

Reality check tho, I know there are quite a few more Packers fans than there are Saints fan on this board and will wish the best of luck to the Packers :beerchug2:

It's finally back? Man how freekin long have we been waiting? Lockout made it seem like an eternity. Time to go home after work, crack some beers, put a jersey on and enjoy the game baby :beerchug2:

Man you guys are really offense happy with this game, arnt you? Wishful thinking. There are quite a few good defensive players in this game as well. Short offseason... that can affect a few things.

:Packers: 23

:Saints: 13

Man you guys are really offense happy with this game, arnt you? Wishful thinking. There are quite a few good defensive players in this game as well. Short offseason... that can affect a few things.

Well, these are 2 of the best offenses in the game so that's why everyone is predicting the score to be so high. Packers do have a pretty solid defense, but I don't think the Saints is that special.

Badass game to start off the season.

:Saints: 21

:Packers: 28

( I always put the home team on bottom)

Going with the same exact prediction. :yep:

:Saints: 56

:Packers: 17

You've obviously been wearing black and gold all week.

No way either team blows the other out. Packers 24, Saints 17.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First off, lets start by saying this will be a great game. I couldn't care less that the two teams are both the last two teams to win the Super Bowl-I'm just excited to see two high powered offenses with two elite quarterbacks go head-to-head on national television to start the NFL season. There are very few other games that could be as potentially exciting as this game. Second, I think the recently announced pregame ceremony sounds pretty damn great in my opinion. I'm very excited to see this, and I usually don't get excited for pregame stuff.

In regards to the actual game, I think this will be very interesting. Both Brees & Rodgers are highly accurate, intelligent, potent passers that can torch an elite defense if they are on their top game. Both can spread the ball around effectively and know how to confuse an opposing defense. I'm excited to see how Green Bay's recieving core looks, especially in regards to see if Jordy Nelson or James Jones can take Donald Driver's #2 spot on the depth charts. I'm also interested to see how Ryan Grant looks after being out for an entire season. On the New Orleans side, I'm excited to see how the run game comes together with Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory, and how Mark Ingram transitions to the NFL. I can see him being a very effective weapon for New Orleans, even tonight with all eyes on Brees. Defensively I would say Green Bay has the advantage with an elite secondary and a very solid front 7, but New Orleans could very well show up and play better than the defending champs on that side of the ball.

I'm not looking at this game to pick a winner or a loser-I just want to see a great game against two elite teams to start off the NFL season. Best of luck to both teams-stay healthy and play your hearts out guys.

Saints declared WR Lance Moore, K Garrett Hartley, RB Joique Bell, C Matt Tennant, CB Johnny Patrick, TE John Gilmore, and DT Tom Johnson inactive for Thursday's NFL opener against the Packers.

Devery Henderson is still listed as the starting Z receiver opposite Marques Colston, though Robert Meachem will see plenty of snaps as well. Rotoworld ranks Meachem 44th among fantasy receivers this week. John Kasay will handle field goal duties with Hartley out.

Packers DE Mike Neal (knee) is inactive for Thursday's NFL opener against the Saints.

The Packers had already named Jarius Wynn the starter at right end after Neal missed most of August with shoulder and knee injuries. Also inactive for Green Bay: CB Davon House, DB M.D. Jennings, OLB Frank Zombo, OT Derek Sherrod, TE Ryan Taylor, and LB Vic So'oto. Jermichael Finley (ankle) is active and will start, as expected.

Related: Jarius Wynn

Source: Kevin Seifert on Twitter

Edited by monstersofthemidway

This pisses me off that Mike Neal is not active.

*goes to pick up Jarius Wynn in Blue's homer league*