Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Tasteless NFL.com advertisement

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the advertisement?

• Tasteless, and it needs to be removed.
    • No big deal. Move along.

jamaalcharles.png

You can see this plastered on the front page of nfl.com, and maybe it's just me but I feel like Jamaal Charles' ACL tear is being exploited in an act to try and get more people to play fantasy football on their website.

I realize that he's an employee of the NFL, but this is a human being we're talking about here with family and friends that more than likely visit the website. (Jamaal included)

Personally I think this is an ugly and tasteless ad. What does the rest of TGP think?

Edited by FartWaffles
  • Upvote 1

I actually had similar thoughts when I first seen it. Pretty tasteless imo. The guy just got a season ending injury. No reason to exploit it just to promote fantasy football.They could have just mentioned something unspecific about injured players and re-doing the fantasy teams without using pictures. JC looks like a broken man there.

Edited by Shotgun

I can't be the only one who doesn't care. It's not like he died or anything.

I think it is in poor taste, but it doesn't really bother me that much. There are worse things going on than this.

• Upvote 1

Just goes to show how seriously some take fantasy football these days.

Like others have said... It's definitely in poor taste, but there are orse things out there. Really fail on NFL.com's part.

Jamaal Charles feels bad enough letting down his team & his fans with his injury. This just adds insult to the injury. It would have been just as bad if they put up a picture of the depleted Giants' defense. Don't promote yourself by using other people's pain and suffering.

There's also one up there with Chris Johnson sitting down on a bench saying "Fantasy Players let you down?"

There's also one up there with Chris Johnson sitting down on a bench saying "Fantasy Players let you down?"

it's one thing to poke fun at poor performance, it's another thing entirely to use an injured player in advertising

• Upvote 1

it's one thing to poke fun at poor performance, it's another thing entirely to use an injured player in advertising

Agreed, two entirely different things. This is just in bad taste, and there was no need for it at all.

Edited by Thanatos19

OT but Millas sig made me lol

Edited by GA_Eagle

I also think too often we take injuries for granted. As football fans, we think of Charles' injury as simply a bad turn of luck that means he won't be playing football the rest of the year. Lest we forget this man tore a ligament in his knee; that's a serious injury. The injury now has to heal, and Charles has to go through a very long rehabilitation process. And considering the injury was to the knee, there's a possibility he may never be the same running back again.

• Upvote 1

I also think too often we take injuries for granted. As football fans, we think of Charles' injury as simply a bad turn of luck that means he won't be playing football the rest of the year. Lest we forget this man tore a ligament in his knee; that's a serious injury. The injury now has to heal, and Charles has to go through a very long rehabilitation process. And considering the injury was to the knee, there's a possibility he may never be the same running back again.

Yes I have argued before that Fantasy Football makes you a worse person, (kinda tongue in cheek). You know what the first thing that went through my head was when I heard Hixon was hurt? That means more playing time for Nicks! (I have him in my FF league.) Then I had to hit myself.

Edited by Thanatos19

It bothers me just about as much as it bothers Jamaal Charles, and that's not too much. The unfortunate thing about being signed as a player in the NFL, is you give them the right to advertise you in any way they really feel like doing so. While it might seem tasteless, it's also a clever way of advertising. Think to yourself, maybe that was the main point? Do you guys see how many people are talking about this ad on the internet? And even more, how many people are actually CLICKING that ad? Brilliant actually.