AllYouNeedIsLovie

Better #88?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Better #88?

• Dez Bryant
    • Hakeem Nicks

Who would you rather have on your team, Dez Bryant or Hakeem Nicks? I'd personally take Nicks. Would like to hear other opinions though.

Edited by GoodellFTL

Very close, but I'll go with Nicks. Though Dez may have more potential, Nicks has been more consistent to this point. Dez's injuries are also a small factor.

• Upvote 1

up to this point I'll take production over potential.

Dez..and that's no knock on Hakeem

Hakeem's and Dez's rookie season are really similar if you look at the numbers..(Hakeem has been in the league 1 year longer)

Dez has out-of-this-world potential..they just need to make it a point to feed him the ball, because when he gets the ball in his hands, lolDefense.

Gotta be Nicks. Dez hasn't been able to stay on the field.

• Upvote 2

up to this point I'll take production over potential.

Sums it up for me as well. Nicks just seems like a more consistent threat. Bryant has the more dynamic skillset, in my opinion, but between some character issues, health and lack of consistency, I just can't take Dez.

• Upvote 1

Hakeem and it's not even close. Potential means nothing to me if you can't produce. Nicks has both potential and production, though. Easily beats out Dez.

• Upvote 2

Everyone in the NFL has potential to be great, whether or not they reach it is something completely different. No disrespect to Dez but I'll take Hakeem, easily. Hakeem has been great for the Giants and he still hasn't reached his full potential.

• Upvote 2

Dez can't stay on field because he's to eratic with his movements when he tries to catch the ball. He has a huge upside to him, but too high a risk of getting injured. Seems like he's never on the field.

I'm taking Nicks. The guy is unstoppable it seems. Then again, I've had sort of a man crush on Nicks ever since his one-handed between the legs grab when he was on NC.

• Upvote 1

Give me Hakeem right now. Ask me again in a couple of years. :p

Edited by BayAreaBomber

Everyone in the NFL has potential to be great, whether or not they reach it is something completely different. No disrespect to Dez but I'll take Hakeem, easily. Hakeem has been great for the Giants and he still hasn't reached his full potential.

You obviously have never watched Dez Bryant play then. You're right, everybody in the NFL has the potential, but not everyone has the talent to be great. Are you going to tell me Jordan Shipley and Dez Bryant have the potential to get to the same level? No way.

I would take Hakeem Nicks right now because like one poster said, production over potential. However, don't undermine Dez's talent and ability by saying "everybody has the potential to be great." Talent and potential are very complimentary to each other. Every player has the latter, but talent comes in different levels.

• Upvote 1

Don't y'all think it's a little early to be asking this question? Crimony, folks. Right now, the competition isn't even fair.

You obviously have never watched Dez Bryant play then. You're right, everybody in the NFL has the potential, but not everyone has the talent to be great. Are you going to tell me Jordan Shipley and Dez Bryant have the potential to get to the same level? No way.

I would take Hakeem Nicks right now because like one poster said, production over potential. However, don't undermine Dez's talent and ability by saying "everybody has the potential to be great." Talent and potential are very complimentary to each other. Every player has the latter, but talent comes in different levels.

I watch Dez play all the time because the Cowboys are always on here in the East Coast... sadly :facepalm:.

You echoed my point... I never made an argument for "talent to be great," I said it was a different conversation. It wasn't meant to describe Dez, just a point I made before my response to the thread.

Edited by Irishcoffee
  • Upvote 1

Don't y'all think it's a little early to be asking this question? Crimony, folks. Right now, the competition isn't even fair.

Weren't you the guy that said he was nigh uncoverable a couple of weeks ago?

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53312-redskins-hall-says-hell-target-qb-romos-ribs/page__view__findpost__p__2357097

yup, you were. So why isn't this a fair comparison a few weeks later?

Edited by GA_Eagle
  • Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

Dez can't stay on field because he's to eratic with his movements when he tries to catch the ball.

I don't even know what that means.

• Upvote 2

Weren't you the guy that said he was nigh uncoverable a couple of weeks ago?

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53312-redskins-hall-says-hell-target-qb-romos-ribs/page__view__findpost__p__2357097

yup, you were. So why isn't this a fair comparison a few weeks later?

Just because he's practically impossible to stop (when healthy) doesn't mean comparing him to Hakeem Nicks, who has quite a few more games under his belt, is fair to Dez. Dez is 5 games into his second year in the NFL, for Christ's sake. Let's let him get established into the league before we worry about comparing him to another receiver who's already proven himself.

Better #88? Michael Irvin. :yep:

I'd take Dez because I'm a Cowboys fan.

If I weren't a Cowboys fan, I'd take Dez...because I'm a Cowboys fan.

(Honesty.)

I watch Dez play all the time because the Cowboys are always on here in the East Coast... sadly :facepalm:.

You echoed my point... I never made an argument for "talent to be great," I said it was a different conversation. It wasn't meant to describe Dez, just a point I made before my response to the thread.

I did not echo your point, lol.

You already know I disagree with your comment stating "everybody has the potential to be great." I'm somewhat disagreeing with your "whether or not they reach it [potential] is something completely different" comment. Each player's potential is at a different limit respective to their talent. Therefore, two players could reach their full potential, but Player A is better than Player B. That's why I said that comment was a knock on Dez as if he was just an ordinary receiver.

Edited by Maverick

Just because he's practically impossible to stop (when healthy) doesn't mean comparing him to Hakeem Nicks, who has quite a few more games under his belt, is fair to Dez. Dez is 5 games into his second year in the NFL, for Christ's sake. Let's let him get established into the league before we worry about comparing him to another receiver who's already proven himself.

If he is unstoppable then how is it unfair? You're are contradicting yourself. Is he an unstoppable superhuman weapon or is he too young to be judged against a player that is questionable to make the top 10 in the league at his position?

Guest Phailadelphia

Tony Gonzalez is the best #88 I've seen...

Michael-Irvin.jpg

Marvin is the best 88 I've seen live.