Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Peyton Manning wants to play in 2011 if possible

Peyton Manning hopes to practice with his teammates in December and still wants to play in a game this season. It's still up to the doctors. The four-time league MVP provided a medical update on his injured neck during an impromptu locker room appearance Thursday, and it wasn't that promising. "We're still waiting for the fusion to take place, it's still going slow with that and we still have some issues with the nerve and the regeneration of the nerve," Manning said. "There's really not a schedule, a timeline of where I am." Manning had a spinal fusion procedure Sept. 8 to repair a damaged nerve that was causing weakness in his throwing arm. It was his third neck surgery in 19 months.<br style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; text-align: -webkit-left; font-size: medium; "><br style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; text-align: -webkit-left; font-size: medium; ">Source: ESPN

I'd hope the Colts aren't stupid enough to let him play. No need to risk him getting hurt again in meaningless games.

• Upvote 1

he just wants to get the Colts out of the Luck sweepstakes :p

I say if he wants to play, let him play. It's his choice, and if he really wants to, why stop him? IMO.

I don't know what the situation is with Caldwell yet, but if his job IS at stake here (which I don't think so) he might play later on just so Caldwell can try and save his job.

There is no point in playing Peyton this season. I have a feeling Caldwell will be gone regardless of if he wins a couple games at the end or not.

It's pretty clear that they will not make the playoffs this season, so it would be pointless and actually pretty stupid to play him in Decmeber when the rest of the regulars will be making vacation plays for early January. I think Caldwell should be fired, and they need to start drawing up plans on the transition for the QB position in particular, but also any other position where the starters are over 30 years old. They need to start a smooth transition where they aren't as good as they have been in the past, but they also don't tank for a few seasons, which can be very difficult to recover from.

I say if he wants to play, let him play. It's his choice, and if he really wants to, why stop him? IMO.

:yeahthat:

I think if Peyton really wants to play, he will get to play.

They aren't going to tell him no unless they have a viable medical reason for doing so.

Although, Peyton really wanted to go for the perfect season and they sat him then. So maybe not.

Edited by Thanatos19

I say let Peyton do what he is comfortable with doing, and fire Caldwell at the end of the year. The Colts have done nothing but regress under him it seems.

I think they'll let him play, just to get some time under his belt. Our line in the past has been unbelievable at protecting him, so I really don't see why not. Unless Polian really wants to Suck for Luck.

Remember this guys, the Colts ownership wants to get a good draft pick, but they have to make money and right now, how they do that is that play Peyton Manning and people show up.

Dr. Robert Watkins issued a statement Thursday indicating that exams show Peyton Manning's neck fusion has "achieved firm fixation."

Manning is still without a timetable for a return to practice, but he can increase his workload in rehab. It's been three months since Manning's most recent surgery, so he remains on schedule. He's still waiting on the nerve regeneration before he can resume football activities.

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

I think it would be HILARIOUS if Manning plays. The irony would be so thick that you could put it on toast: When we're in the groove and have a chance at a Super bowl, sit him. When the season is in the toilet and wins don't mean a thing except a lower draft pick, let's play the guy who is our entire team fresh off of injury.

LOLCOLTS already, but if they do this it upgrades to LMAO,GTFOCOLTS.

If they let Peyton play, the Colts will have solidified themselves as a bottom 5, if not the worst in the NFL, front office. They're already really bad as it is. They suck dick at drafting, couldn't chose a replacement for Dungy worth a shit and now the possibility of this? LOL.

I wouldn't let Peyton suit up for me ever again... Unfortunately.

If they let Peyton play, the Colts will have solidified themselves as a bottom 5, if not the worst in the NFL, front office. They're already really bad as it is. They suck dick at drafting, couldn't chose a replacement for Dungy worth a shit and now the possibility of this? LOL.

The Truth.

Not even worth it at this point. Manning is better off staying on the sidelines IMO.

Colts are screwed this season,they have no wins and no playoff chances...I say let Manning get healthy and try to do something next season...

Alright, just to play devil's advocate, I'm going to make an argument for playing Manning this season.

Manning suffered a neck injury, so we know that's not going to affect his throwing motion or his mobility, the biggest thing it could affect is his mindset, which incidentally is the only thing you can't see from practice. The Colts are poised to take the #1 pick with the best QB to come out of college in decades so they've gotta know what Manning can still do, and based on this injury the biggest question is how will he respond to getting hit or the threat of getting hit, and you've gotta put him in games to see that. Yes, it does expose him to injury, but as long as he's medically cleared to play the argument is there that the benefits outweigh the risk.

Alright, just to play devil's advocate, I'm going to make an argument for playing Manning this season.

Manning suffered a neck injury, so we know that's not going to affect his throwing motion or his mobility, the biggest thing it could affect is his mindset, which incidentally is the only thing you can't see from practice. The Colts are poised to take the #1 pick with the best QB to come out of college in decades so they've gotta know what Manning can still do, and based on this injury the biggest question is how will he respond to getting hit or the threat of getting hit, and you've gotta put him in games to see that. Yes, it does expose him to injury, but as long as he's medically cleared to play the argument is there that the benefits outweigh the risk.

It's Peyton Manning, Oochymp. Not someone like Matt Stafford who you worry about going back out there and their mindset. Manning is one of the most physically and mentally tough QBs to ever play the game. Most people don't really consider that when discussing him, but the fact that he started as many games in a row as he did and him never complaining about any injuries or pain just goes to show how tough the man really is. Manning has come back from a neck injury before, granted, not one this serious, but he's done it all the same. He won't be afraid of getting hit.