Sign in to follow this  
BC

Your teams immediate draft needs?

It's fine to assume your team addresses something in FA to help make this a little more realistic.

Badly need a pass rusher, not a DT like most mocks have us taking. If our guy isn't there at 12, trade up or down. Still or Brockers are no bueno for this team. Red Bryant and Brandon Mebane were very serviceable DT's last year and will continue to be. They are primed youth and not in need of improvement. I'm really licking my shops at Courtney Upshaw to take Leroy Hill's job at OLB and essentially be what Curry was supposed to be, Coples or a similar DE would be nice to slide into Alan Branch's spot. Clemmons had 12 or something sacks this last year at the other DE spot, but he was all alone. DE/OLB isn't something we'll get in round 2 and be satisfied with, so get the right guy in the first.

I'd like to see us go back to the well for a center or a guard in the 2nd. Russel Okung and Robery Gallery are recent aquisitions and are very serviceable tackles. James Carpenter is a first rounder from Bama but is struggling and also is reported to likely head to PUP. John Moffit was a solid 2nd round pick and is a serviceable guard, but we need to scoop up anything quality that slips through the cracks in the first when everyone is taking playmakers and defense. #44 overall shouldn't be too late to have a realistic shot at the top, or 2nd center.

Round three is where you get the steal in Chris Polk, the RB from our own back yard. Broke Corey Dillons rush yard record at Washington, has terrific game changing outside speed, recorded plenty of receptions out of the backfield, and is also very hard nosed up the middle runner. The fact that he's not getting more consideration to be a top RB in this years draft is rediculous. The Seahawks, having watched him plenty in-state, will capitalize on that shit and have someone who will be a Ben Tate like backup for their feature back, and will be more than capable of becoming a feature back should anything happen to Marshawn. With a duo, we can be a run-first team behind a solid line that will be much improved.

Every other pick should be a John Schieder gut-feeling pick. Having addressed our needs, we can stock up on value picks and draft the kind of players Schieder feels have loads of potential that slip through the cracks. Keep in mind that's what he did for the Packers. Greg Jennings comes to mind. Doug Baldwin was a late pick this previous draft and led the team is rec. yards and total snaps from scrimmage. Above Sidney Rice and Zach Miller. I'm more than happy with letting Schnieder do his thang to help us continue building for the future and add great depth.

Edit: And that's my 5,000th post :rock: :rock: :rock:

Edited by BC
  • Downvote 1

Actually Doug Baldwin wasn't picked at all. UDFA power!

Anyway Corner is a striking need, but a second DT is just as important. Bailey isn't gonna play forever, and Goodman is just hot garbage for what we're paying him. Cassius Vaughan and Chris Harris have shown potential but I dunno if either guy can be our number 1 CB. We might address this in Free Agency though. I think DT is likely what we target in the draft. Bunkley was great for us and we need to retain him, and Marcus Thomas was good in rotation, but otherwise we're sorely lacking a pass rushing playmaker. Maybe Devon Still can be that kind of guy. I'd like to see offensive linemen targetted in the later rounds, Kuper was decent but he got hurt near the end of the year, and the rest of our line was bad, including Clady. We need some linemen to provide competition, and maybe replace Walton at center, or Beadles at LG.

1. A speedburner at receiver. Who is the fastest receiver in the draft?

2.We really need a ballhawking safety. Patrick Chung is more of a tackling, run stopping, in-the-box safety rather than a 'playmaker.'

Offensive Lineman...specifically at LT, C, and RG...along with a young TE as this is probably Gonzo's last season. I see us adressing more of our needs through FA...but I would not mind seeing all of the picks we had left going into solid offensive lineman.

1. Linebacker

2. Linebacker

3. Quarterback

1. Linebacker

2. Linebacker

3. Quarterback

You might want to throw Safety in there and WR as a more minor need

You might want to throw Safety in there and WR as a more minor need

I don't think we need a safety, at least not in the high rounds. Nate Allen played really well down the stretch when he got healthy, so I think he'll be fine. And we need to give Jaiquawn Jarrett (a 2nd round pick) some playing time to see what he's got this year. I agree the safety position is a bit of a wild card, but I wouldn't want to draft one any higher than the 4th round this year.

Don't disagree about receiver, but given 1) our other draft needs, 2) the fact that receivers usually take a lot of time to develop, and 3) the talent of receivers hitting free agency this year, I'd prefer to see us address the position through free agency. Even if we don't land a big fish, how about we take a chance on someone like Stevie Johnson?

Edited by SteVo

1. OLB - Walden is trash and the guys behind him are just mediocre and worse.

2. DE - We actually have some decent DEs, which is why I put OLB first on my priority list. None of them have the special kind of talent that Cullen Jenkins had... But they can get the job done, especially if they had an expert pass rusher behind them.

3. S - If Nick Collins needs more time, its time to look for a FS. I prefer Burnett at SS.

4. C - Who knows what will happen with Scott Wells. Even if he comes back, we still need to start looking for his successor.

5. CB - We have some great corners, and if we can find a pass rush, they will look a lot better than they showed in 2011. But, it never hurts to have another guy who can cover in this pass happy league.

6. ILB - It's still a wish of mine... But we need to dump Hawk with his outrageous salary. DJ Smith will start and Robert Francois is a nice depth guy. Need one more of his type to finish the LB corps.

Edited by Favre4Ever

we'll probably address it to some extent in free agency, but right now our major needs are dline, secondary, and interior oline, I'd also like to see us get somebody to compliment CJ, but I don't know if that'll happen

WR...plain and simple. Our wideouts were terrible in the playoffs...especially in the Giants game. We need a #1 guy to take some pressure off Vernon.

Aaaaaaand Ted Thompson is a fucking douche.

Center should be tied as our top need, IMO. And taking one in the first round is now a huge possibility.

Fuck Ted Thompson.

A wide receiver more competent than Jacoby Jones, and more athletically gifted than Kevin Walter to play opposite of Andre Johnson.

Aaaaaaand Ted Thompson is a fucking douche.

Center should be tied as our top need, IMO. And taking one in the first round is now a huge possibility.

Fuck Ted Thompson.

It's bullshit.

And to think that I was looking forward to the first time in years we didn't take an offensive lineman in the first round. Now we probably will and our defense will suffer for it.

It's bullshit.

And to think that I was looking forward to the first time in years we didn't take an offensive lineman in the first round. Now we probably will and our defense will suffer for it.

Ya.. The worst part is that this draft class is weak at both center and pass rushers...

So we are going to have to sacrifice one position for the other and hope we can find a diamond in the rough later on in the draft.

Obviously, that isn't impossible. We have some good scouts, but I'd rather it not come down like this.

1. OT (Amini Silatolu from Midwestern State would be a great rd 2 pick if we don't go after one in rd 1

2. WR (Getting Michael Floyd would be badass)

3. LB (Briggs is 31 and Urlacher is 33 they are still the dynamic duo but are ageing while Nick Roach is young and more than capcable we should get and groom the next Monster of the Midway)

4. TE ( Kellen Davis has soft hands around the goal line and is an adequate blocker but does not possess the ability to stretch the field and Matt Spaeth will be cut)

OT has been a top priority for the Bears going into drafts dating all the way back to at least 5 years. Why don't they just fix that problem already?