BLUE

Official TGP 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Oh yeah, good call Zack on David DeCastro. Can't believe he fell to you. I know guard isn't highly coveted, but come on, He's gonna be a beast.

Like I said in IP Chat, I felt like the Steelers would end up with either DeCastro or Reiff, but I also had a feeling they'd trade this year. Oh well, it worked out and I'm ecstatic.

• Upvote 1

After round one...

Top 5 Available [Mega-Board]

1) DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw 20.76

2) OT/OG Cordy Glenn 22.13

3) OT Jonathan Martin 24.46

4) DT Devon Still 28.07

5) TE Coby Fleener 30.39

if Konz falls through the first ten tomorrow I wouldn't mind seeing the Titans trade up for him, and based on who's still available I wouldn't be that surprised if he did

So, we got Kuechly in the first. Based on who's left, I'd like to see one of the following drafted in our spot:

Devon Still

Cordy Glenn

Coby Fleener

Stephen Hill

Alshon Jeffrey

Jonathan Martin

Janoris Jenkins

Lots of good guys left, I bet we can get one of those guys easily.

I'm not gonna knock the A.J. Jenkins pick. I remember last year when we picked Chris Culliver, Charles Davis was pretty much facepalming at the selection. Turned out pretty good eh Charles. We had an excellent draft in '11 and I expect this one to be good. It's gonna be hard to top last year's for sure.

I can't get over our pick! That was an awesome steal!!! DeCastro is gonna be a great player for us IMO!!!

• Upvote 2

I'm satisfied with the Bucs 1st day. Wasn't the happiest about the Barron pick, but he still fills a need and I like the Martin pick too.

I can't get over our pick! That was an awesome steal!!! DeCastro is gonna be a great player for us IMO!!!

Yea, that was a great value pick for the Steelers. DeCastro is going to be a stud. Him next to Pouncey will be great for the Steelers running game.

Im drunk. And I love being a Lions fan. That is all.

About time they start protecting Stafford. Reiff was a great pick for them. I'm surprised he fell.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles trade up for Fleener, though I really want Lavonte David. Also, somebody is going to take a chance on Janoris Jenkins tomorrow night, and I wouldn't mind if that team were the Eagles.

My wishes for day 2:

-Steelers don't make me look as stupid by trading up in the second (like I thought they would in the first) and take Cordy Glenn. I'd climax all over everything.

-Trade or no, I'd like them to get another OL or a CB. Jenoris Jenkins, Chase Minnifield, Jonathan Martin, et cetera.

-Steelers come away with Josh Chapman in round 3.

My wishes for day 2:

-Steelers don't make me look as stupid by trading up in the second (like I thought they would in the first) and take Cordy Glenn. I'd climax all over everything.

-Trade or no, I'd like them to get another OL or a CB. Jenoris Jenkins, Chase Minnifield, Jonathan Martin, et cetera.

-Steelers come away with Josh Chapman in round 3.

Ironically, that was what I was thinking. Good stuff! :towel:

Man, I like the Weeden pick. The ONLY knock on him the entire time has been his age. Which if anything, I view as an advantage. He's already been a pro in another sport. Be it baseball, it still understands what it takes to be a pro and perform at that level. He might be older than most, but the guy has a strong arm and absolute pinpoint accuracy. Not to mention he does an awesome job at faking the defenses out with his eyes. In my opinion, he's a much better option than Tannehill will be for the Dolphins. On top of that, he's a leader! He's going to go into Browns camp this season, blow away Colt McCoy and take the starting job. I like what the Browns did. They get their big strong franchise running back early, then go after a quarterback. The best way to help a quarterback be successful (Other than the line) is to have a strong running game.

On that note, just think what if the Colts get Fleener in the 2nd round! Wouldn't that be something? Arguably the best quarterback in the draft, getting his #1 target in college and best tight end prospect in the draft. That would be awesome to see IMO.

Eagles: I understand they solidified their linebackers a little bit by adding Williams in the offseason but I really see NO one in that linebacking core that sticks out, or that's even a playmaker quite frankley. Why go DT? I mean they had a solid choice of a few linebackers. Then again, I could be made a fool and I suppose that Upshaw could drop to them in the 2nd. Am I missing something with this team?

The Bruce Irvin pick kind of surprised me but he sounds exactly what our D-Line needs a guy who can generate a pass rush i trust Pete Caroll he has found late round defensive gems that fit his scheme.

I liked the Richardson move. But Weeden at 22 was awful.

With Reiff and DeCastro on the board I was hoping for one of them there. I hope we go OL or WR with our next pick. Stephen Hill or Glenn.

Possibly the most entertaining first round I've personally ever seen.

The moved that got me thinking the most was the one by the Bears. Of all the directions they could of gone, to take Shea was an interesting one, not necessarily bad at all.

Welcome to Pittsburgh,David DeCastro!

• Upvote 1

Weeden only has three years? Really? In a league where good QBs can remain successful until 34 and beyond? Whatever! Now youre all just hating. Greg Little was turning into a solid possession receiver as the year wound down last season, and they pick number 5 in round two with Gilmore and more on the board still. And there are still two ready to start lineman on the board as well. Weedens age isn't a factor.

Weeden only has three years? Really? In a league where good QBs can remain successful until 34 and beyond? Whatever! Now youre all just hating. Greg Little was turning into a solid possession receiver as the year wound down last season, and they pick number 5 in round two with Gilmore and more on the board still. And there are still two ready to start lineman on the board as well. Weedens age isn't a factor.

All things considered, Weeden's age is deffinetly a factor. It's a huge factor.

I wouldn't say his age isn't a factor, otherwise he wouldn't have been on the board at 22, but it's definitely been unnecessarily magnified, you're right that as long as he can start immediately (which seems to be the assumption) he should be able to give the Browns at least 5-7 good seasons, one thing that a lot of people seem to be ignoring is that because he spent time away from football he hasn't taken nearly the beating most QBs have by 28, although pitching for 5 years (even in the minor leagues) certainly puts a beating on the arm, I wouldn't be surprised if he lasts a lot longer than average as far as age goes

I like all 4 picks so far. I know a lot of people probably think Wolfe is a reach over Still, Worthy, and Thompson, but obviously the Broncos like him, and there's no doubt DT is a big need for them.

Most definitely a reach. Wonder what is up with Still's stock. I know it was down over the last couple weeks but it's not looking very good for the young fella. Good thing I took four 34 ends in the mock draft... :p

And I am not so sure about Quick either, tbh.