Who wins the NFC West in 2012?

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC West in 2012?

• 49ers
    • Rams
    • Seahawks
    • Cardinals

Who wins the NFC West in 2012?

Last year, the 49ers won this division pretty easily, but the Cardinals and Seahawks quietly had decent seasons.

I am going with the 49ers again this year. They have an excellent defense and they added some pieces to their offense like Randy Moss, Marion Manningham, AJ Jenkins and Brandon Jacobs to get more explosive. I think if Matt Flynn can play like the Seahawks expect him to, they can compete for the title with the 49ers and have a very good season. That is a big IF though. I think the Cardinals will be decent again, but won't really challenge the 49ers for the division title. I like what the Rams did this off-season, but I think they are still a few years from competing.

This is how I see the division panning out:

1. 49ers

2. Seahawks

3. Cardinals

4. Rams

49ers

Seahawks

Rams

Cards

49ers hands down. Too many different things have been added over their off-season. The backfield of Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs and Lamichael James alone tells you they are prepared to literally beat football teams into submission. Cardinals I think will have a good year...but will get outgunned for the WC by NFCS and NFCN opponents.

1. 49ers

2. Cardinals

3. Seahawks

4. Rams

Thinking about the 49ers front 7 makes my balls tingle, Cardinals defense will take a step forward and their offense will be a bit better, Seahawks probably have the most underrated defense and I personally like where their offense is headed, they should be neck-and-neck with the Cardinals and could easily be #2 as well, the Rams are still a horrible team in almost every area.

I really like what Seattle's doing, and I believe that the ascendance of Matt Flynn will come to fruition. They have a great running back, up-and-coming receivers and Sidney Rice, and a solid defense. If they can have special teams that at least rival San Francisco, they will compete for the title.

The Cardinals could be a sleeper team. Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd are going to be a deadly combo if either Kolb of Skelton takes a stranglehold on the QB position.

The Rams will improve under Jeff Fisher, but I really do not like Sam Bradford. He made no progress last year whatsoever, and that's not acceptable.

The 9ers will win 8-10 games this year, I think, and probably take the division if they can get off to a good start, but the rest of West is improving.

49ers will win it. I'm not convinced Flynn is all that great and the rest of the division sucks/is rebuilding.

49ers and they might clinch it by week 12 they're that much better than everyone else

49ers and they might clinch it by week 12 they're that much better than everyone else

Except they aren't. Yes, they swept us last year, but they struggled against us both times. Most of their scoring wasn't the running game. It was their kicker. They had NO redzone presence at all. The only reason they beat us were because of mistakes WE committed that they capitalized on. This year with a full offseason to train, and a proper QB under center there won't be as much for the 49ers to take advatage of. They are currently the reigning NFC West chapions, but they are far from running away with the division. I guarantee you they won't be seeing another 13-3 season.

Manningham will help their passing game, but Randy Moss is just a name at this point. An old and washed up name at that. I don't see him contributing much to the pass game. He'll do what he always does. Struggle, stop trying, blame the team, and demand a trade.

Now, as for my division predictions. I wish with all my heart I could come out here and say the Seahawks will definately take it, but the truth is it's going to be a hard and bitter battle with the 49ers for first place, and I can't honestly say which will take the top spot. So for now, i'll give the 49ers their due as the reigning champs and list the Seahawks at close second.

2012 NFC West Predictions

1 - San Francisco 49ers

2 - Seattle Seahawks

3 - Arizona Cardinals

4 - St. Louis Rams

Edited by Jayrus

If John Skelton Starts for Arizona:

1. Arizona (10-6)

2. Seattle (9-7)

3. San Francisco (8-8)

4. St. Louis (5-11)

If Kevin Kolb Starts for Arizona:

1. Seattle (10-6)

2. San Francisco (9-7)

3. Arizona (7-9)

4. St. Louis (6-10)

1. San Francisco

2. Arizona

3. Seattle

4. St Louis

SF is imo the far and away best team in this division, but Arizona is a sleeper as long as Skelton plays. Kolb sucks, and Skelton kept them in position to get into the playoffs last year (though it wasn't likely with how well Detroit and Atlanta were playing).

I predict it'll take a few weeks for Seattle's offense to get going with Flynn, and they'll fall behind the race early.

St Louis just won't compete.

Except they aren't. Yes, they swept us last year, but they struggled against us both times. Most of their scoring wasn't the running game. It was their kicker. They had NO redzone presence at all. The only reason they beat us were because of mistakes WE committed that they capitalized on. This year with a full offseason to train, and a proper QB under center there won't be as much for the 49ers to take advatage of. They are currently the reigning NFC West chapions, but they are far from running away with the division. I guarantee you they won't be seeing another 13-3 season.

first of all, I thought saying week 12 was a fairly obvious exaggeration, I'm not actually predicting they clinch the division that early, now, let's say y'all had swept the 9ers instead of the other way around, it would have been closer, but SF would still have won the division at 11-5 over your 9-7, assuming everything else went the same way, again, week 12 was an exaggeration, but I'm pretty much expecting San Francisco to take the division by at least 2-3 games, and for what it's worth, I won't be surprised if Moss fails to make the 53 man roster but Manningham will be a major factor

Thinking about the 49ers front 7 makes my balls tingle....

You should get that checked out... :troll:

I'm not really sure what to think about this division. I like all of the head coaches. If the Seahawks can get their shit together on the road, they'll be tough in the NFCW. If the Cards can get consistently competent QB play from someone, they could make a run at it. The 49ers are the obvious favorite, but I do expect them to regress a bit this season, being that I still don't trust Alex Smith mostly. The only team that I don't really think has a chance of winning it is the Rams, though every season there's some big turnaround surprise team.

The 49ers have the ability to keep themselves in every single game and keep it close with their defense, they just need the clutch plays on offense. I am more excited about our potential and ceiling as we will see what Matt Flynn can do.

The winner of this division will be the team who's QB plays best because they're all pretty good. I'll put my money with Seattle on this one because I'm not sold on Smith just as much as I'm not sold on Flynn.

Edited by seanbrock

first of all, I thought saying week 12 was a fairly obvious exaggeration, I'm not actually predicting they clinch the division that early, now, let's say y'all had swept the 9ers instead of the other way around, it would have been closer, but SF would still have won the division at 11-5 over your 9-7, assuming everything else went the same way, again, week 12 was an exaggeration, but I'm pretty much expecting San Francisco to take the division by at least 2-3 games, and for what it's worth, I won't be surprised if Moss fails to make the 53 man roster but Manningham will be a major factor

I see. Well then, I apologize for the tone of my previous post.

I wouldn't be suprised either if the 49ers win the division by a couple of games, but there's no way they'll walk all over the division like last year. The Seahawks and the Cardinals should, if all goes well with our QB situations, stay right on the 49er's heels for the majority of the season. As for Manningham, I do agree he'll help to improve the 49ers passing game. however, you also have to remember he has Alex Smith passing at him now and not Eli Manning. That's not to say Manningham isn't a good reciever, it's just Smith is a game manager. He's not known for being a passing machine. Also, the 49ers are a run-first offense. So while Manningham will help to improve the 49ers offense, I'm not seeing him having quite the numbers he had with the Giants under the Eli Manning passing attack.

Edited by Jayrus

I wouldn't be suprised either if the 49ers win the division by a couple of games, but there's no way they'll walk all over the division like last year. The Seahawks and the Cardinals should, if all goes well with our QB situations, stay right on the 49er's heels for the majority of the season. As for Manningham, I do agree he'll help to improve the 49ers passing game. however, you also have to remember he has Alex Smith passing at him now and not Eli Manning. That's not to say Manningham isn't a good reciever, it's just Smith is a game manager. He's not known for being a passing machine. Also, the 49ers are a run-first offense. So while Manningham will help to improve the 49ers offense, I'm not seeing him having quite the numbers he had with the Giants under the Eli Manning passing attack.

but they're good enough at running the ball that they just have to throw well enough to keep defenses honest, and Manningham gives them a good outside threat (which they didn't have last year) that'll do just that, especially if he can pick up any tips from Moss during training camp

Tips from Moss? Yes... of course...

Moss : "Now Mario, here's what you do. Expect to be thrown every pass on every play in every game. If this isn't the case then you stop giving a shit and start complaining as much as you can causing the locker room to implode and the team's season to come to a screeching halt. If they still don't do what you want then you blame the problems on everyone else and demand a trade to a team on the fast track to a Superbowl. Got it?"

Edited by Jayrus

Tips from Moss? Yes... of course...

Moss : "Now Mario, here's what you do. Expect to be thrown every pass on every play in every game. If this isn't the case then you stop giving a shit and start complaining as much as you can causing the locker room to implode and the team's season to come to a screeching halt. If they still don't do what you want then you blame the problems on everyone else and demand a trade to a team on the fast track to a Superbowl. Got it?"

Britt credited Moss for helping his development last season. He said he learned everything from how to take care of his body to tips about opposing cornerbacks.

http://blogs.tenness...nd-with-titans/

"He's always watching me. He's always critiquing me, what I can do better or I did a good job, stuff like that," Britt said. "He's always trying to keep my head high and keep us focused through the end of the day."

Britt said Moss is the one who knows how to refocus the meeting room with a well-timed joke to catch someone drifting off. Moss is the one teaching Britt how to make sure his hamstring injury doesn't bother him during the final three games.

How Moss takes care of his body is something Britt wants to incorporate into his own program, especially to take care of his legs because Britt says he has problems with cramping.

"He's been doing it for such a period of time that it's just natural to him to go kill a workout in the weight room and go out there and have a 40-play period practice and things like that," Britt said.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5927723

say what you want about him personally, but Moss is one of the best receivers of this century, there's no way Manningham has nothing to learn from him, and if his time in Tennessee is any indication Moss is more than happy to share what he knows, something must have clicked while he was in New England, or when he bounced between three teams in one season

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

The 49ers have all the talent, but I am just not so sure they can go the season without disappointing us.

1. Seattle

2. San Fran

3. Arizona

4. St. Louis

say what you want about him personally, but Moss is one of the best receivers of this century, there's no way Manningham has nothing to learn from him, and if his time in Tennessee is any indication Moss is more than happy to share what he knows, something must have clicked while he was in New England, or when he bounced between three teams in one season

Was. He WAS one of the greatest recievers of this century. Now he's just an aging primadonna who's been riding from team to team soley on the power of his name, and if he's asked to give a shit at all he shuts down. If it's true that he's got his focus back after getting passed around for a year and languishing in Tennesee then yes, he probably does have it in him to still be an asset to an offense. However, anyone expecting the Randy Moss of old to emerge and revolutionize the 49ers offense is deluding themselves. He won't be anyone's marquee #1 reciever anymore. Especially not for a running offense like the 49ers. They'll use him for deep routes and red-zone stuff but he won't be an every down guy. As for him training other recievers, if it's true he's so good at helping them then maybe he needs to start thinking about making THAT his career. Get off the field and be a coach.

Edited by Jayrus

Was. He WAS one of the greatest recievers of this century. Now he's just an aging primadonna who's been riding from team to team soley on the power of his name, and if he's asked to give a shit at all he shuts down. If it's true that he's got his focus back after getting passed around for a year and languishing in Tennesee then yes, he probably does have it in him to still be an asset to an offense. However, anyone expecting the Randy Moss of old to emerge and revolutionize the 49ers offense is deluding themselves. He won't be anyone's marquee #1 reciever anymore. Especially not for a running offense like the 49ers. They'll use him for deep routes and red-zone stuff but he won't be an every down guy. As for him training other recievers, if it's true he's so good at helping them then maybe he needs to start thinking about making THAT his career. Get off the field and be a coach.

did you look at either of the article quotes I posted? Kenny Britt raved about how helpful Moss was to him and they were just on the same team for the second half of the season, it's a lot easier to pass on knowledge during preseason/training camp workouts, I don't expect him to be the Randy Moss of old, you're right, anyone expecting that is delusional at best, but even if he doesn't make the 53 man roster he will still contribute plenty to the team by helping Manningham and the 49ers other young WRs develop, and I do think it'd be interesting to see him move into a coaching position, but most players don't go straight from the field to the sideline

I wouldn't be suprised either if the 49ers win the division by a couple of games, but there's no way they'll walk all over the division like last year. The Seahawks and the Cardinals should, if all goes well with our QB situations, stay right on the 49er's heels for the majority of the season. As for Manningham, I do agree he'll help to improve the 49ers passing game. however, you also have to remember he has Alex Smith passing at him now and not Eli Manning. That's not to say Manningham isn't a good receiver, it's just Smith is a game manager. He's not known for being a passing machine. Also, the 49ers are a run-first offense. So while Manningham will help to improve the 49ers offense, I'm not seeing him having quite the numbers he had with the Giants under the Eli Manning passing attack.

No QB is known for being a passing machine with nobody out there worth drafting. Davis and Crabtree were THE ONLY decent targets he has had for years. Weak O-line all that time as well and a separated shoulder. Brees, Rodgers, Manning Brady,, NO QB can thrive on a team like that. Add in Nolan and Singlebraincell pretending to coach and you get 6-10 seasons. Last year Alex made clutch throws and won games with his arm, in spite of having the worst WR unit in the NFL. Get a clue dude.

1. Seattle Seahawks-10-6

2. San Francisco 49ers-9-7

3. St. Louis Rams-7-9

4. Arizona Cardinals-6-10