Eefluxx

Miami gets Hard Knocks

Wow, they couldn't get any team better than that? No offense to the Dolphins, but they aren't the most exciting team out there. I guess it will be cool because they have a new coach in Philbin.

Kim's calling Reggie right now.

"So, um, what are you doing for the next few months? Want to get back together?"

• Upvote 1

Great, now the Dolphins are giving the people more of a reason to laugh at them... At least they will finally see the frustration of being a Fins fan when you have a GM who no one wants to play for. Fun times... :facepalm:

so wait the pick the WORST NFL team in FL instead of a team whos on the Cusp of being in the Playoffs in the jaguars. FAIL BY HBO

This post made me lol

• Upvote 1

I don't see the big deal, the show is what it is no matter what team is on it. How good the team is has nothing to do with how exciting the show will be.

• Upvote 1

so wait the pick the WORST NFL team in FL instead of a team whos on the Cusp of being in the Playoffs in the jaguars. FAIL BY HBO

What...

The Jags are not on the cusp of the playoffs, and they were way worse last year than the Fins. And neither team is the worst team in the NFL, although the Jags are much much closer to that than the Fins are.

Methinks your Jaguars homerism and your Fins hate is blinding you on this one.

Go away.

In all honesty I could care less about seeing this. I don't feel like the Dolphins would create the drama and interest to keep viewers interested in watching them frequently on Hard Knocks. Perhaps I'm wrong :shrug:

• Upvote 1

me thinks u is blind. all the jags need is Average qb Play( Blaine would have had a passer rating in the 70's easily if he didnt have 40 passes dropped by the recievers) and their a playoff team. it would be very similiar to how the ravens won the superbowl with trent dilfer if we got average qb play because we have one of the leagues best rushing attacks(i mean MJD was the leagues leading rusher with No viable Help offensively) and defensively we are healthy again(we had the leagues highest amount of players on IR and most of them were key components to the Defense) and have improved in our DE Position(branch is pretty good) and CB(ross is way better than Drew Colemen).

Oh....my....god. You mentioned this years Jags team with the 2000 Ravens team? I don't even...

Anyways I've never watched Hard Knocks, definitely not going to watch about this putrid team.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

2000 Ravens to the 2012 Jags. I don't see it. Maybe I'm blind though. Nevermind, you're just an idiot.

Moving on from the Jags Buffing... I think it'll be interesting. It'll give us a better look into the most intriguing QB competition in the NFL right now, along with more exposure for the best pass rusher in the league, who just signed a spiffy new contract.

Yeah but the thing about the Ravens defense of 2000 is that they were by far the top defense in the league that year. Saying a team is 6th in one stat or another... doesn't really cut it. And the Jags passing offense has shown nothing to prove it's good enough to win in the playoffs. The QB's in the super bowl were Eli and Brady, who are way above Gabbert's level right now. Even the guys who were almost there, Flacco and Alex Smith are a higher level than Gabbert is right now. Gabbert right now is trash, and until he proves he can even start in this league, the Jags passing offense is not playoff ready.

lol @ Jags passing offense being good.

• Upvote 2

2000 Ravens to the 2012 Jags. I don't see it. Maybe I'm blind though. Nevermind, you're just an idiot.

Disagreeing with jagsr4real is completely fine, but just chill with insults, please.

• Upvote 2

Biggest star of the Dolphins Hard Knocks series...

image%25255B3%25255D.png

may i bring up he had 40 passes dropped which really hurt his passer rating. by just adjusting the Completions he has about a 70+ passer rating. im sure with 40 more completions come more Yards and TDs. the Ravens won the superbowl with a 76 passer rating. with the adjustment in yards and TDs he will be up there with trent dilfer like. Blackmon and Robinson are better WRs than wat we started last year, and our number 1 wr last year is now back at the slot position where he seems better suited.

You are missing on the fact that the 2012 Jags defense is not even in the same ballpark as the 2000 Ravens where. you are about 1 current hall of famer short. 5 all pros short and 6 probowlers. It is not close. if you go position by position the jags dont win a single one of them except maybe strong safety, that said Herring played out of his mind that year.

may i bring up he had 40 passes dropped which really hurt his passer rating. by just adjusting the Completions he has about a 70+ passer rating. im sure with 40 more completions come more Yards and TDs. the Ravens won the superbowl with a 76 passer rating. with the adjustment in yards and TDs he will be up there with trent dilfer like. Blackmon and Robinson are better WRs than wat we started last year, and our number 1 wr last year is now back at the slot position where he seems better suited.

And I could do the same thing for Joe Flacco and bring his up to around 95....but the point is that is not how it works, just as many errant balls as gabbert threw no receiver has caught every ball. They will make mistakes like gabbert just less often.

I don't really get why everyone considers this a bad thing. Who the hell cares? It's basically just a series that covers what goes on during camp. It's a cool show to watch, if anyone here has ever watched it. What made the show an absolute joke was the New York Jets. That team makes EVERYTHING a joke. I guarantee it won't be a distraction like it was for the Jets. In fact, I bet it will be as if the show wasn't even there filming.

It makes sense for Miami. They need to build a buzz to bring in people to their home games because right now most Miami fans aren't very excited.

Biggest star of the Dolphins Hard Knocks series...

image%25255B3%25255D.png

Is she a cheerleader?

me thinks u is blind. all the jags need is Average qb Play( Blaine would have had a passer rating in the 70's easily if he didnt have 40 passes dropped by the recievers) and their a playoff team. it would be very similiar to how the ravens won the superbowl with trent dilfer if we got average qb play because we have one of the leagues best rushing attacks(i mean MJD was the leagues leading rusher with No viable Help offensively) and defensively we are healthy again(we had the leagues highest amount of players on IR and most of them were key components to the Defense) and have improved in our DE Position(branch is pretty good) and CB(ross is way better than Drew Colemen).

The Jags defense got absolutely lit up at the end of last year.

Sure they had pieces missing. Everyone does. Just because on paper you got better, doesn't mean you go from being 5-11 to a playoff team just like that, with a new head coach to boot. Ask the Eagles what happens when you look at how much better you got on paper and start making predictions based on that. You're gonna need at least 4 more wins than you had last year to sniff the playoffs, and I'm gonna guess at least 5. Doubling your win total will be a very tall task. You're assuming a *lot* of things. Statistically, 50% of the first round picks will not work out. Probably higher for you guys, as the Jags are notoriously good at picking busts.

I do not see it at all. The Jags are still defined by their QB position. Blaine Gabbert looks like a scared chipmunk in the pocket. Yes, that's present tense, because he hasn't proven he's changed.

Comparing the 2000 Ravens to the 2012 Jags is just flat out laughable. The Ravens have an argument for having the best defense in NFL history that year. It's not about individual pieces, it's about how they played as a team- and specifically, how they played as a team that year. They simply played lights out defense. They did not give up points. They never broke in the playoffs. They never even really bent.

Man, all the attention went from how Hard Knocks will be "ok" to watch and how people are going to see the struggles of being a Fins fan with a GM who no one wants to play for to "THE JAGS ARE A PLAYOFF TEAM" and "THEY'RE VERY SIMILAR TO THE 2000 RAVENS TEAM" (Yeah ok lol)... this topic just got a bit interesting lol

hmm losing 4 of your 5 best ends not to mention 4 of your top 6 corners and ya i wouldnt expect a teams defense to be good. we were literally playing players off the streets playing those games. they did a pretty good job as a band aid fix. id love for ya to point out another team who had a top ten defense without 4 of your 5 best ends on roster on ir not to mention 4 of your 6 corners by the end of the year. im pretty sure no teal had that many inuries to guy s that high up on their depth chart at both positions at the same time.

Oh my bad.

I forgot the Jags were winning all those games prior to when their defensive players got hurt.

Oh wait...