Eefluxx

Miami gets Hard Knocks

beg to differ there. BTW the 2000 ravens only had 3 Probowlers that year and 1 all pro. were gonna keep it based on 2000 because thats the year im refering to.

DE: its about even(maybe even advantage Jags when u go to Bench) Mincey is about to be a 10 sack guy. we also have Branch whos pretty good not to mention Chick and Kampman.

DT: Knighten and Alualu are again about equal to Sam Adams and Tony though id say they might be a bit better Run Wise but Pass rushing wise its the jags dou. i havent even touched the backups yet but we have 3 possible Good Backup Dts in Mosley, Pendelton(rookie) and Smith(2 years on IR because of foot and Achilles injury).

LB: Lewis, Boulware and Sharper are probably just slightly better than the jags trio of Session, Pozlusney, and Smith. add in Allen whos a very capable Backup capable of starting.

CB: Mathis, Cox, ross is a better trio than wat the ravens had. Cox and Mathis can play man to man very well(look at last year vs the ravens).

FS: ill give ya advantage here becuase it is rod woodson vs lowery but lowery aint a slouch. hes a solid guy who can do wat we ask.

SS: Landry is better than Herring and its not even close.

as far the gabbert thing sure but half of them(reasonable expectation) should have been caught. multiple passes hit the players in the hands and that for sure is not Blaines fault for them not catching the ball.

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard fall out of somebodys mouth in regards to anything much less football. I cant believe somebody would even say that is they are trolling.

beg to differ if you will you just ensure nobody else takes you seriously.

You think your run defense could compare to the 2000 Ravens defense ???? Are you out of your mind ?

Ravens

Average Rush yards per game: 60.6

Jaguars

Average Rush Yards per game: 104.2

Season totals the Ravenz gave up less all season that you gave up in ten games, so please re think the statement your guys can stop the run so well again.

Your whole list is possibles and maybe's and about to be's that is all fine and good and all the 2000 Ravens WERE....big difference.

Ray Lewis has amassed more tackles in 10 years than all three of those guys combined. so again just slightly better.

Kim Herring played extremely well that year and better than Dawan landry has any single year. Overall though I think Landry is better just not that year and I watched Dawan Landry play more games than you unless you are a closet Ravens fan and if that is the case you know nothing about them.

And ok keep it to 2000 but how many people from the jags team were all pros ? What about pro bowlers ???? Yeah....

Do you even think before you type ?

beg to differ there. BTW the 2000 ravens only had 3 Probowlers that year and 1 all pro. were gonna keep it based on 2000 because thats the year im refering to.

DE: its about even(maybe even advantage Jags when u go to Bench) Mincey is about to be a 10 sack guy. we also have Branch whos pretty good not to mention Chick and Kampman.

DT: Knighten and Alualu are again about equal to Sam Adams and Tony though id say they might be a bit better Run Wise but Pass rushing wise its the jags dou. i havent even touched the backups yet but we have 3 possible Good Backup Dts in Mosley, Pendelton(rookie) and Smith(2 years on IR because of foot and Achilles injury).

LB: Lewis, Boulware and Sharper are probably just slightly better than the jags trio of Session, Pozlusney, and Smith. add in Allen whos a very capable Backup capable of starting.

CB: Mathis, Cox, ross is a better trio than wat the ravens had. Cox and Mathis can play man to man very well(look at last year vs the ravens).

FS: ill give ya advantage here becuase it is rod woodson vs lowery but lowery aint a slouch. hes a solid guy who can do wat we ask.

as far the gabbert thing sure but half of them(reasonable expectation) should have been caught. multiple passes hit the players in the hands and that for sure is not Blaines fault for them not catching the ball.

denzel-face-palm-o.gif

• Upvote 1

Lets just compare numbers... the Jags defense allowed 329 points in 2011, While in 2000 the Ravens vaunted D allowed 168 points.. The Jags allowed nearly 200 more points but eh The Jags still have an all pro D right ? lawlz. In the Takeaway and Give away differential the Jags were + 5 which was good for 9th but the Ravens were + 23 which was first in the league.. Look at all those similarities so far :rolleyes: The Ravens forced almost 50 turnovers the Jags last year had 23. Comparing Session, Poz and Smith to Lewis, Sharper and Boulware is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.. Ray Lewis is Ray Lewis, Jamie Sharper made huge plays at huge times and for better part of the late 90's and early 2000's boulware was the NFL's premier pass rusher. Now I know times are thought being a Jags fan and all but my god is it that bad you have to be delusional and make retarded statements ?

• Upvote 1

Dolphins agree to do the Hard Knocks show. Anyone excited to watch?

Milla4prez, that picture was freaking priceless!!! LMAO!!!

Man, all the attention went from how Hard Knocks will be "ok" to watch and how people are going to see the struggles of being a Fins fan with a GM who no one wants to play for to "THE JAGS ARE A PLAYOFF TEAM" and "THEY'RE VERY SIMILAR TO THE 2000 RAVENS TEAM" (Yeah ok lol)... this topic just got a bit interesting lol

It's a classic thread derail.

Oh man, I have so much to teach you.

so wait the pick the WORST NFL team in FL instead of a team whos on the Cusp of being in the Playoffs in the jaguars. FAIL BY HBO

The Jaguars would make much more sense ...

... if this was a comedy show.

mj-laughingyuaur.gif

Duane Starks and Chris McAlister were way better than Mathis and Cox.

Loved Chris McAlister, physical corners. :wub:

Edited by BayAreaBomber

We've already got the topic in the AFC East forum.

Merged.

Edited by BLUE

Staying away from the Jags conversation...I don't see why they offered the Dolphins. Besides a QB battle which Moore is going to win and Tannehill's wife there is nothing to really watch. I'm always up for seeing behind the scenes of a NFL team and watching how their coaching staff goes about implementing their new philosophy and system and of course the dreaded "cut day", but really no interesting story lines happening in Miami unless of course they can go grab LeBron and Wade for a couple of practices just to tease us ;)

Staying away from the Jags conversation...I don't see why they offered the Dolphins. Besides a QB battle which Moore is going to win and Tannehill's wife there is nothing to really watch. I'm always up for seeing behind the scenes of a NFL team and watching how their coaching staff goes about implementing their new philosophy and system and of course the dreaded "cut day", but really no interesting story lines happening in Miami unless of course they can go grab LeBron and Wade for a couple of practices just to tease us ;)

Might be a more interesting QB battle than you think.

Everything coming out of Miami suggests that Tannehill is picking things up really fast.

Tannehill is going to be a good QB if they can get some weapons around him.

Tannehill needs WR and the Dolphins are not looking at ANY WR. This off season, they already have Plax Burress looking to joing the Fins, but the fins show no interest. Braylon Edwards also is an available WR and Dolphins show no interest to improve their WRs... we need SOMETHING! :shrug:

I went to school with Brian Hartline. He was a beast in HS.

Hartline is a good receiver, don't get me wrong. The thing is, he's not very fast and I see him more of a possession receiver than a downfield threat. What the fins need is a downfield threat. Without that the defense will have a field day with that kind of lack of speed. Hartline is a good back up slot receiver lol or a #2 receiver.

So... nearly every team in the NFL told HBO to go pound sand, but the Dolphins agreed to this? Why am I not suprised? I won't begrudge them the move though, because right now the Dolphins need positive exposure any way they can get it. However, I do feel agreeing to go on the show after pretty much the rest of the league turned them down just shows how desperate they are for ANY kind of press.

Take me into the Steelers or Browns training camp. That's real good TV right there

Tannehill needs WR and the Dolphins are not looking at ANY WR. This off season, they already have Plax Burress looking to joing the Fins, but the fins show no interest. Braylon Edwards also is an available WR and Dolphins show no interest to improve their WRs... we need SOMETHING! :shrug:

You got Legedu Nanee. You're all set. :troll:

I'll be watching this.

I found myself following the underdogs during the NYJ series. When Woodhead was cut, I was in utter shock. Then when he popped up on the Pats roster and tore it up a bit, I was again in utter shock.

That's what I'll be looking for again with the Phins.

I remember watching the Bengals Hard Knocks and they seemed like utter pricks when they cut people. It was like "Get your shit and get out, o and give me that playbook while your at it"

Dude you're on like a second grade reading level. Are you even old enough to post here?

• Upvote 1

Dolphins agree to do the Hard Knocks show. Anyone excited to watch?

Im always excited to watch Hard Knocks regardless of who is in it. It's always entertaining to me.