Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Justin Blackmon arrested for DUI

Per Rotoworld.com:

Jaguars first-round pick Justin Blackmon was arrested on aggravated DUI charges Sunday in Stillwater, Ok.

The aggravated DUI means his blood-alcohol level was .15 or higher. The legal limit is .08. Blackmon was booked into jail at roughly 10AM, a bizarre time for a DUI. Blackmon was also arrested for DUI as a redshirt sophomore at Oklahoma State. It's a big concern for a Jaguars team that traded up to select Blackmon at No. 5 in April's draft. Blackmon has yet to sign a contract. Jun 3 - 12:05 PM

Source: Tulsa World

Edited by BLUE

Justin Blackmon? More like Justin Bustmon.

:shifty:

• Upvote 1

Overrated player to say the least. Would've taken Floyd over him in a heartbeat.

i thought floyd would be the first guy to get a dui out of the wrs.

hes not overated. it was a weak draft class this year.

Eat Crow.

To say that it was a weak draft class and have your team move up two spots to take the most overrated WR in the draft isn't helping your case. Realize you could've traded back to get something better in Michael Floyd than an overrated Blackmon who is a product of a 100% passing offense at Okie State.

Why the hell is he drunk at 10 a.m? :think:

Maybe the Jaguars should have stuck to high-character guys after all. :p

Justin Getting Drunkmon

Guest Phailadelphia

0.24? Hoooooooooly shit!!!

Driving with a 0.24? They really ought to suspend his license for that shit.

Also, he was pulled over and arrested around 3 AM according to the Associated Press, not 10 AM.

I'd want to drown my sorrows with alcohol too if I was drafted by the Jaguars! :laugh:

• Upvote 2

Dumb move...he's got alot of explaining to do

This should be quite a bit of jail time, IMO.

0.24? Jeez.

He's just lucky he didn't kill someone.

• Upvote 1

This should be quite a bit of jail time, IMO.

He's an NFL player. He'll get a slap on the wrist.

id want to drown my sorrows if i was texans fan. 1 playoff appearence in 10 years is pathetic

And 2 in 10 years is incredible, right?

Jaguars haven't been to the playoffs since 07. Texans went last year.

I'd quit while you're so far behind, because you can get easily raped in the success department by the Texans, especially if you want to bring in how good the Texans are compared to the Jaguars now...

Edited by .AirMcNair.
  • Upvote 1

He's an NFL player. He'll get a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, you're most likely correct.

Someone was saying that if Goodell really wants to crack down on these DUIs, he should make it a mandatory 16-game suspension.

Edited by Thanatos19

You don't get jail time for your first DUI typically. Hell sometimes it takes 5 or more before you get one in Ohio. They just slap a yellow license plate on your car after so many.

What a dumbass... He should get his license yanked for good.

its not great by any means but thats still double the times the texans went to the playoffs. the texans arent head and shoulders above the jags. their offensive line is a work in progress(still dont see brooks as a good rt and jones aint a good guard prospect). then you have that ever vulnerable number 2 corner spot which is a huge weakness.

the jags only issue is qb play and if Gabbert is playing like how he should be then the texans wont be long back down to 2nd or even 3rd.

In case you forgot, the Texans came into the league in 2002 and also had to deal with a powerful Indianapolis Colts team for most of those years. It may have taken them a while to get into the playoffs, but I'm pretty sure it was worth the wait. Houston is now miles ahead of the Jaguars for the most part.

Edited by BigBen07

its not great by any means but thats still double the times the texans went to the playoffs. the texans arent head and shoulders above the jags. their offensive line is a work in progress(still dont see brooks as a good rt and jones aint a good guard prospect). then you have that ever vulnerable number 2 corner spot which is a huge weakness.

the jags only issue is qb play and if Gabbert is playing like how he should be then the texans wont be long back down to 2nd or even 3rd.

Prediction: The Jags and Texans will have been to the playoffs the same amount of times in ten years after this year.

Saying 2 to 1 is a great advantage is just stupid. If you're talking about odds, or on average, sure, but when it's actually 2 appearances to 1, it's just 1 more than the opponent.

The Texans are head and shoulders above the Jags because of the following:

Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blaine Gabbert and whoever your #1 WR is.

Lol. So if Blaine Gabbert plays average, that will make the Texans play worse and drop down to 3rd. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Can you at least *try* to argue somewhat feasibly instead of being such a blatant homer? We are all homers for our teams some of the time, but you're simply ridiculous. I'm surprised you didn't have the Jags picking 32nd in your mock draft now, thinking about it.

Edited by Thanatos19

I really don't know why the Jags bother drafting wide outs at all anymore.

Their offensive line will be fine. And even if it does take a slight hit, Arian Foster is an incredible back regardless. He doesn't need an elite offensive line to be effective. It helps, but it's not necessary. Their line will be no worse than average, and I'd bet on it still being elite.

The Texans were 3rd best in the NFL against the pass last year. I don't think they are worried at all about their secondary. Wade Phillips may be a piss poor head coach, but he's one of, if not the best defensive coordinators in the game. They're fine.

And the Jags haven't been relevant since 2007, they don't have anything on the Texans. You might could argue something if the Jags went in 2010 as well, but nope. It'll have been 5 years this season. There is no argument for Jacksonville.

The Jags only issue is QB play? So receiver isn't an issue? You signed the Cowboys #3 receiver and Justin Blackmon obviously doesn't give a shit right now, otherwise he wouldn't be drunk at 3 or 10am in the morning, whatever it was, and driving. What about TE? Mercedes Lewis had a great year his contract year. Short of that? An average to maybe decent TE his entire career. RB? MJD doesn't have a contract yet. The Jags better hurry up and sign him. Chris Johnson is the perfect example of what happens to an RB(incredible amounts of rust, if you didn't notice) if he doesn't get to be with the team during training camp and pre-season.

That offensive line was pretty bad, too. I know Guy Whimper, but he didn't look like the only problem on that line to me. Looked like the entire offensive line struggled last year.

That Jaguar's only "guarantee" on offense is MJD, and the Jags are screwing him over like this? LOL gtfo

The Jags have a solid defense. Everything on offense, short of MJD, is nothing but a big ass question mark, and none of it looks positive.

The Texans aren't going anywhere from where they finished last season.

Doesn't look like the Jags are, either.

• Upvote 2

Yeah you'd have to be getting shitfaced around 7 AM to be than drunk by 10... holy crap what a champ, Jaguars fans.