Milla4Prez63

Vick to be benched?

According to local radio personality Howard Eskin, the Eagles are "likely" to start rookie Nick Foles against the Saints in Week 9.

lmaoVick

Can't blame the Eagles for this. Vick has been awful and Foles did show some promise in the pre-season. Let's see how he can do in the regular season.

You're just going to bench the guy? I think that they need to get Foles on the field and see if he can salvage a season that's going down the tubes, that's for sure out of me.

However, you're just going to slap him on the bench. Tell me, how much money would the Eagles be stuck paying if they traded Vick? I can name 2 teams right now that could come knocking at the door (And probably have already inquired in some way to the Eagles) if they say right now - today - that they are hearing offers. Chiefs and Cardinals both would be two teams I could see inquiring. I do get though that Philly would be hard pressed with the money situation though. But why not get SOMETHING for him if you're just going to slap him on the bench?

The Eagles are in a tough situation to say the least, I know Vick isn't playing well. But you're going to let that man that Andy Reid bought into and has a massive contract ride the bench behind a rookie? To me, that's sending a message to your entire organization...that you're rebuilding...and if that's the case. Mr. Andy Reid needs to go.

He's built up far too many teams that have accomplished the ultimate goal of a SB ring...I think if you start Foles, you need to start a new chapter in Philly, without Andy Reid and Mike Vick.

Michael Vick has stayed healthy enough to start every game this season for the Philadelphia Eagles, but whispers about his job security aren't going away.

Andy Reid is open to change, but NFL.com and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Monday the Eagles coach isn't ready to commit to a quarterback switch because he doesn't view Vick as the team's lone problem, according to a pair of sources inside the organization

Andy looked so completely pissed the other day at his presser. I almost feel bad for him. His job is practically gone. He has to do SOMETHING.

Vick is a loser. Period. Should have happened before now.

lol 100 million dollar man.

He never should have been considered the answer to begin with.

• Upvote 1

He never should have been considered the answer to begin with.

After Kolb went down in 2010 and Vick began lighting the league up (fluke or not), idk what coach wouldn't have considered him as an option.

Edited by dutchff7

:nope:

@JayGlazer:

There will be no change at QB for the Eagles as Mike Vick remains the starter.

@AlbertBreer:

Eagles coach Andy Reid announces Mike Vick remains the team's starting QB.

Edited by BucD

Not a surprise. Would make no sense to bench him after last week when he really wasn't that bad. I'm not a fan of throwing Foles to the wolves, either.

After Kolb went down in 2010 and Vick began lighting the league up (fluke or not), idk what coach wouldn't have considered him as an option.

Hindsight is 20/20.

This

Hindsight is 20/20.

and this

As for Stevo's other comment, he wasn't that bad, but I think the Eagles have scored more than 20 points in two of 7 games we've played. Just because he didn't fumble the ball 3 times doesn't mean he shouldn't benched. Putting Foles in against a crappy Saints defense isn't exactly throwing him to the wolves imo.

Vick shouldn't be benched just yet. I think his performance against the Saints will determine that though. If Vick doesn't make any noise and put up a respectable performance against the leagues worse defense, then yeah, he should be benched afterwards. Vick wasn't necessarily bad last game but just because you don't do "bad" doesn't mean you deserve to start. Vick looks like an entirely different player this year as far as play style. He seems to be unsure of himself in a lot of situations and his awareness for ball security has been horrible. He seems hesitant in certain situations if he wants to run or not and it shows. Teams are just blitzing Vick (maybe because of his struggles reading blitzes at times)and he seems to be uncomfortable back there but who wouldn't with our O-line. I can't explain how I was feeling while hearing Vicks post game conference. It sounds as if our QB, the leader of our team ran out of confidence... his spirit, his heart sounded broken.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Vick-Effort-Not-The-Problem/dff05bb2-74c6-4259-87c1-38d509cb2f7c

Imo, Vick should get one more shot for his job in the prime time game against Brees and the Saints. Last game wasn't Vicks fault. Defense played horribly. Nnamdi got officially posterized by Julio Jones; burnt crisp which is a play no one will forget. We had virtually NO pass rush... Jason Babin is played like he's washed up and was a one year wonder... There were plays when everyone on the D-line was doubled and Babin had one on one opportunities and wasn't winning. Brandon Graham took half of Babins snaps and did pretty good in the run game. Babin could possibly be trade bait with his lack luster performance and with us having a lot of young guys like Graham, Phillip Hunt and Vinny Curry waiting...

On another note, more self sabotaging penalties on 3rd down that kept the Falcons on the field which ended up in TDs... lack of execution on offense... Even with us being down 14-7 and 21-7 in the 1st half, you can STILL RUN THE BALL.... There was still a whole half left to come back and the Eagles yet again strayed away from the running game... McCoy had 9 carries through THREE QUARTERs!!! We were playing from behind early in the 2nd quarter when the game was still within reach and could have utilized McCoy in the running game. You stay with your game plan WHICH should have been feed McCoy the ball... The play calling is just fucking stupid... Marty has been getting out coached all year... coaching in general has been horrible.

Edited by dutchff7

Letting Foles start against a god awful Saints D isn't exactly throwing him to the wolves.. Likewise, it sets itself up as a game that Vick should dominate.

Letting Foles start against a god awful Saints D isn't exactly throwing him to the wolves.. Likewise, it sets itself up as a game that Vick should dominate.

I don't think so either. If anything the crowd noise in the dome but I think Vick should still have 1 last shot. If he sucks it up against the leagues worse defense, that would be a huge indicator that he needs to take a seat.

On another note, earlier in this thread Chris D said 2 teams may have been interested in Vick. I was talking with some friends a few weeks ago about Vicks future if he was gone after this year and I said the Chiefs would be an interesting landing spot for Vick. I would like to see that happen. Their situation can't be any worse then it already is.

Honestly it doesn't matter who the quarterback is next week, as long as they're giving the ball to this guy...

lesean-mccoy.jpg

• Upvote 1

Coach Andy Reid confirmed after Monday night's loss that Michael Vick will be the Eagles' starting quarterback in Week 10 against the Cowboys.

"Michael will be the quarterback," said Reid. Things can obviously change, but this looks to be the right decision. Rookie Nick Foles wouldn't stand a chance behind Philly's turnstile offensive line. Vick at least offers some ability to escape the pocket when in trouble. Vick absorbed 12 hits and seven sacks on Monday night against the Saints. He also threw a 99-yard pick-six on a tipped pass by Brent Celek. If Big Red isn't changing quarterbacks at this point, he'll likely ride with Vick for the remainder of the season.