Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

TGP: Who are you voting for?

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting/who did you vote for?

• Barack Obama (D)
    • Mitt Romney (R )
    • Gary Johnson (L)
    • Jill Stein (G)
    • Virgil Goode (C )
    • Rocky Anderson (J)
    • Write-in (specify below)

Guest Phailadelphia

I am so so happy Elizabeth Warren beat out Scott Brown.

I regret my decision to vote for Obama, not because I didn't prefer him over Romney, but because Romney was going to win my state, anyway, so I should have cast my vote for Johnson.

I've decided, from now on, that if there is an excellent third party candidate, and I still live in North Dakota, I will be voting for that candidate, simply because of what we all know, revolution starts small and takes time.

At some point, hopefully we'll have that strong third party that might be able to change how things are done in Washington.

• Upvote 2

Since 2016 will be the first year in which I'm allowed to vote, I'm going to have to think about who to vote for. I'm really supporting Chris Christie if he runs, to be honest.

I didn't vote in this election but if theres someone who I can really get behind, I might. It sounds like the republicans are going to be a lot better next election.

Forgetting the fact that I waited up 6pm to vote when polls close at 7:30pm, I can't wait for online voting to begin. I had to go into a church on the other side of town, only to stand in four separate lines with people at the end who couldn't help me due to my license not matching my current residence. The last guy was on a phone telling all of my information to somebody I have no idea about, only to hang up and tell me that I had to go to my home town to vote. At that point, I had 45 minutes and it takes 40 to there. I did make it in time to cast my vote but damn, it shouldn't be that difficult if all I have to do is call in to pick my favorite singer on American Idol.

you think voter ID laws are tough now? I can't imagine the hoops you'd have to jump through to vote by phone/internet, as for the American Idol comparison, I hope we can all agree that the Presidential election is at least a little bit more important than who wins American Idol

To be clear, I'm not saying that polling shouldn't be easier/more efficient, I just think we need to be careful how far we go in simplifying the system

Since 2016 will be the first year in which I'm allowed to vote, I'm going to have to think about who to vote for. I'm really supporting Chris Christie if he runs, to be honest.

Remember not to just focus on the POTUS - do your research on all the candidates for all the positions up for election. Many of them are very critical to what bills are introduced and passed in the US. Dont choose a party and vote the party lines. It's a mistake I made when I was younger.

• Upvote 2

It'll be Christie or Rubio, I think, for the Republicans.

But yeah, as Natas said, don't just choose a party, and don't just vote for the President either. The other elections are also important.

Guest Phailadelphia

I want to give me thoughts about the election and the implications of it over the next 8 years for the GOP but considering most people here lean Libertarian I feel like I'll just be wasting my breath.

I want to give me thoughts about the election and the implications of it over the next 8 years for the GOP but considering most people here lean Libertarian I feel like I'll just be wasting my breath.

I don't.

I like reading your opinions Phail. Regardless of if I agree with them, I can always appreciate well thought out posts, which your and yours nearly always are.

2016 is going to be more of an issue than this past election. If you couldn't get Obama out with the way things are, assuming things aren't worse by the time the next election rolls around, I don't see how Hilary doesn't get elected when they roll her out in 2016.

2016 is going to be more of an issue than this past election. If you couldn't get Obama out with the way things are, assuming things aren't worse by the time the next election rolls around, I don't see how Hilary doesn't get elected when they roll her out in 2016.

Hilary is going to get steamrolled. Her only appeal is if she is basically her husband, and he does all of her campaigning.

Otherwise, 0 chance. Don't know if she could even secure the nomination. She is a very unappealing human being. And unfortunately, that is more important than having a solid platform or winning policies.

Hard to see a Republican getting elected to the White House for a long, long time.

Regardless of Rubio or Christie. The party has alienated way too many people. They've blown it.

I bet you the next president is republican.

Guest Phailadelphia

I bet you the next president is republican.

Considering the state the economy will be in in 2016 and the immigration reform the Obama administration is going to push in his 2nd term, I highly doubt it.

Guest Phailadelphia

I had a long post typed up and lost it...so here it is summed up in 3 sentences:

1. Republicans have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 elections.

2. I firmly believe 2012 is for Democrats what 1980 was for Republicans.

3. The white vote dropped from about 77% of the vote to 71% of the vote in one election cycle...take that how you will while looking to future elections for the GOP.

Considering the state the economy will be in in 2016 and the immigration reform the Obama administration is going to push in his 2nd term, I highly doubt it.

Assuming his policies work, perhaps.

Even if they do, Rubio is going to be hard to beat.

Ousting a sitting president after one term is something that is very hard to do unless they were just a tag-on from the previous administration.

It has only happened with Jimmy Carter.

There is no reason to panic for the Republicans, not yet. If they lose in 2016, then I'd agree with you.

Edited by Thanatos19

...assuming things aren't worse by the time the next election rolls around...

Unfortunately that's quite a bold assumption.

Guest Phailadelphia

Assuming his policies work, perhaps.

You mean the Fed's policies, right?

If the two parties work together, the economy can recover. That's a huge IF, though.

If the two parties work together

president-obama-laughing.jpg

Bohner-goofy-smile1.jpg