ATL_Predator

Adrian Peterson says Eric Dickerson should be nervous

Does AP break Dickerson's record?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Does He Break It?

What mav said. That was probably the most douche bag comment I've heard in awhile, and he just comes across as a huge douche bag to me.

What mav said. That was probably the most douche bag comment I've heard in awhile, and he just comes across as a huge douche bag to me.

I know that you're a Bears fan, but what?

I know that you're a Bears fan, but what?

When he said during the lockout that the NFL is modern day slavery.

Link

When he said during the lockout that the NFL is modern day slavery.

Link

I realize that he said that, but I don't see how that undoes all of the good things AP has done.

I realize that he said that, but I don't see how that undoes all of the good things AP has done.

I did not say it did. It just makes him another 25 year old kid who is prone to being a dumbass from time to time. It is nothing personal against him but hell he is 25 and rich, the world is his oyster. He is going to say dumb shit from time to time, no big deal.

For the record what is all the good he has done ? Not being dense as I am sure he has some sort of charity, about all NFL players do. Is there anything that he has done in particular for us to say he is a great guy or is it just he hasn't fucked up like so many other players ?

I did not say it did. It just makes him another 25 year old kid who is prone to being a dumbass from time to time. It is nothing personal against him but hell he is 25 and rich, the world is his oyster. He is going to say dumb shit from time to time, no big deal.

For the record what is all the good he has done ? Not being dense as I am sure he has some sort of charity, about all NFL players do. Is there anything that he has done in particular for us to say he is a great guy or is it just he hasn't fucked up like so many other players ?

I haven't come across many links other than a few sites that just cover a single part of AP's charity. It's the same problem that I've run into while looking up the charity events held by other people. They are so spread out and aren't concentrated on Wiki that it's just not worth the effort of looking for them. :p

He runs the All Day Foundation which raises funds and awareness for programs that inspire hope and build a better future for at-risk youth. He donates $5,000 to the foundation for every TD he scores.

Peterson has also been honored for his various charity works:

Adrian Peterson corralled a lot of awards during his rookie season, but Friday he was honored for his activities off the field as one of the recipients of the NFL PLAYERS Gala JB Awards. The award, named for CBS’ “NFL Today” host James Brown, honors players who take an active role in their communities with charity work. The event, which was held Friday in Washington D.C., was co-sponsored by NFL PLAYERS – the licensing and advertising arm of the NFL Players Association.

Peterson was selected as one of the recipients of the “Emerging Leader” Award for his volunteer work with Special Olympics Minnesota, The African American Adoption Agency and the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Minnesota. He also recently began his own foundation – the Adrian Peterson All Day Foundation – and will host a youth football camp in Oklahoma this June.

http://min.scout.com/2/743823.html

He is great on the field and off of it....

150 yards per game for the next 2 weeks and the record is his.Still not easy, but he has been averagin that over the last half of the season... let's see what happens.

They should just feed him the rock until he breaks it.

I'm not going to be disappointed if he misses it, because I know he's a better back than Dickerson was. I'm really starting to believe that, if he stays healthy, we're looking at the best running back to every play the game. Nobody else had his combination of skills.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I'm not going to be disappointed if he misses it, because I know he's a better back than Dickerson was. I'm really starting to believe that, if he stays healthy, we're looking at the best running back to every play the game. Nobody else had his combination of skills.

Honestly I've never thought about where AP ranks on the all-time lists. Not sure I'm gonna start now, either, since he could still have a lot of his career left.

Honestly I've never thought about where AP ranks on the all-time lists. Not sure I'm gonna start now, either, since he could still have a lot of his career left.

He won't have a year like this every year, obviously, but the only way he could actually struggle is if he had absolutely nothing for an offensive line. Nothing at all up front. Even when the Vikes have had bad lines, he's been a stud.

Also realize that he's only had one year with a good quarterback. Imagine what he'll become when Ponder either develops of the Vikings find a real QB.

I think that you could make an argument that AP is among the greatest of all time. However, we should also keep in mind that nothing is really definite. When we claim that someone is the best at something, it's generally subjective and opinionated. Based on this, I won't be making any assertions on who is the best back in NFL history. I think we can all appreciate that the NFL has been blessed with a variety of talented players, especially at the running back position. Adrian Peterson just so happens to be one of them.

• Upvote 1

AP is great. 293 yards away from tying the mark. And just last week I pleaded for others to really put his career in perspective and see him for what he is. One of the best backs to play the game.

However... I am not ready to put him with Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, or even Sweetness (who AP reminds me a lot of).

One day, surely. And his name climbs the list every day... But not just yet.

If the Vikings wanna make the playoffs they run the shit outta Peterson. He has the 5th and 14th ranked Rush Ds left, but I'm sure that matters for a RB like Peterson.

Peterson needs 294 yards in 2 games.

AP has been averaging 6.3 YPC this season and an incredible 7.2 since the Bye week. If we call it even and he continues at 6.3 for the next two games, he needs 47 carries to break the record, or 24 per game. At this point in the season and with the way he's running right now, it's not a matter of if, but when. He gets the carries he needs..he WILL break the record.

Come on AP!!!

I know that a lot of people are saying that AP should still have a good game against the Texans, but I still have worries. I believe that J.J. Watt will wreck havoc on our line and get AP in the backfield a few times, and maybe even been enough to stop him from flat out dominating.

I know that a lot of people are saying that AP should still have a good game against the Texans, but I still have worries. I believe that J.J. Watt will wreck havoc on our line and get AP in the backfield a few times, and maybe even been enough to stop him from flat out dominating.

Vick Ballard rushed for over 100 yards on just 18 carries against the Texans so I think AP will do just fine.

Man, I think this is going to be damn close. Like final two minutes of the last game close. Of course now that I say that he is going to break his single game rushing record. I would love to see him break it though.

A Viking breaking a Rams' player's record. Of course I'd love to see it!

It's like he's a combination all of the greatest backs of all time. Sanders' cutting ability, Payton's bulldozing mentality, Emmitt's uncanny ability to break tackles and make something out of nothing. This man really is amazing.

Did you just toss out Jim Brown's name and put in Emmitt fuckin Smith's name instead? Get the fuck out of here. I dont know if I'm more surprised by that or that no one called you out on it.

• Jim Brown - 5.2 yards per carry and 104.7 yards per game.
  • Walter Payton - 4.4 yards per carry and 88 yards per game
  • Emmitt Smith - 4.2 yards per carry and 81.2 yards per game.

AP is averaging 5.1 yards per carry 98.4 yards per game.

Did you just toss out Jim Brown's name and put in Emmitt fuckin Smith's name instead? Get the fuck out of here. I dont know if I'm more surprised by that or that no one called you out on it.

• Jim Brown - 5.2 yards per carry and 104.7 yards per game.
  • Walter Payton - 4.4 yards per carry and 88 yards per game
  • Emmitt Smith - 4.2 yards per carry and 81.2 yards per game.

He's a cheeky bastard...Bware is.

I don't think there's any question that he could be better than all of them. And it's not like he's had great OLs, either, so Payton fans can't point in that direction. Not to mention he's only had one season with a competent QB under center. This truly is amazing.

It's like he's a combination all of the greatest backs of all time. Sanders' cutting ability, Payton's bulldozing mentality, Emmitt's uncanny ability to break tackles and make something out of nothing. This man really is amazing.

I think he comes up short, just like Ware has twice on the sack record, but I hope he breaks it.

You put Smith over Brown? No. Just no. Smith was good, but he wasn't in the same league as Jim Brown.

NaTaS, on 17 December 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Jim Brown - 5.2 yards per carry and 104.7 yards per game.

Walter Payton - 4.4 yards per carry and 88 yards per game

Emmitt Smith - 4.2 yards per carry and 81.2 yards per game.

That still blows my mind every time I see that NaTaS.

As for the main topic, I'd like to see AP get the record. He's been working his butt off and is a large reason why Minnesota's offense is producing.

Edited by BigBen07