RazorStar

Breakout Players for 2013

Name the guys you think will come out of relative obscurity into a real threat on your team. Or as many teams as you want. Just put some names up of guys to look out for next year.

:Bengals: Devon Still. He only played 8 games last year in a situational role, but he was looking solid when healthy and I think he'll grow into a stud player. The Bengals really had problems with their rookies getting hurt.

:dolphins: H-back Charles Clay. This guy is a playmaker, lately teams are trying to use fullbacks as another receiving option out of the backfield. I mean it hasn't really caught on yet, with Marcel Reese being the main guy who does this, but Charles Clay can provide much of the same, and with the Dolphins lacking on big weapons, Clay could step up and be that threat.

:Bills: Nigel Bradham. This guy is developing good instincts as a linebackers. It's a shame the Bills couldn't keep Barnett to tutor this guy some more, but he is gonna be a big deal and break out in a big way. I have a good feeling about him. But he is a Bill, and they always disappoint... eh I still think he brings a lot to the table, he's got that prototypical SAM build you love in a guy.

:Broncos: Can't get away from my own team, I don't know if a lot of our guys get the right amount of hype or not, but Zane Beadles and Chris Harris are probably broken out now so I can't include them. I'll go to our centre JD Walton who only played a few games before getting hurt, but was absolutely on the right track in those games. When he gets healthy and pushes Dan Koppen out of the starting job again, the broncos line will finally be set right.

:Steelers: Cortez Allen. Injuries may have forced him into a larger role, but he took a shine at the end of the season. He and Keenan Lewis look poised to take up the heavy mantle guys like Blount and Rod Woodson have left.

Now I'm noticing I'm mentioning a lot of guys in the AFC, so let's get a few NFC players for balance.

:Cardinals: New Starting QB... Brian Hoyer. Yep, look out for Tom brady's understudy. Hoyer may have been bounced around by so many teams, but Bruce Arians is gonna watch this guy's tape and realize "oh shit, this is the best we can do." Then he plays better than Derek Anderson and John Skelton combined and has a decent season. He won't drive himself into the upper echelon or anything, but he'll be comparable to someone like Andy Dalton or Jay Cutler.

:Saints: Cameron Jordan. He's a 3-4 DE, trying to fit him in the 4-3 is hot garbage, he'll play in his natural position and propel Rob Ryan to his first playoff appearance off of his Justin Smith like game. Yes, it will happen.

:Giants: David Wilson. He's the starter now. After being put in Coughlin's doghouse on his first play of the season, he didn't play a lot last year. However a good finish and strong special teams showing grants him a shot. I like his speed, power and vision, he just needs to call up Tiki to fix his fumble problems. He'll make it work.

For us, A.J. Jenkins.

:dolphins: HB Lamar Miller

:Colts: ILB Jerrell Freeman

:Raiders: CB Chimdi Chekwa

:Saints: RB/KR Travaris Cadet

:Rams: Backfield

New Starting QB... Brian Hoyer. Yep, look out for Tom brady's understudy. Hoyer may have been bounced around by so many teams, but Bruce Arians is gonna watch this guy's tape and realize "oh shit, this is the best we can do." Then he plays better than Derek Anderson and John Skelton combined and has a decent season. He won't drive himself into the upper echelon or anything, but he'll be comparable to someone like Andy Dalton or Jay Cutler.

that might still leave him as the worst QB in the league

anyway, as far as the Titans are concerned the obvious choice for a breakout candidate is Jake Locker, he's shown flashes but he's gotta put it together (and stay healthy) in his third year or we may be back to the drawing board, I'm also expecting a big second year jump from Kendall Wright, even though he did have pretty good numbers last season, he also had a lot of drops

• Upvote 1

This lists are hard. For 2 years now I have had Jimmy Smith as a breakout guy, so far.....Ngata. Well fuck it I will try anyway.

:Ravens: Bernard Pierce- He likely will not do enough to supplant Rice but he will get around 800 yards and average about 5.5 YPC. He will draw interest from other teams.

:Ravens: Dennis Pitta- With a full year of a new system that is Cam Cameron free he may vault himself into top 7 like TE production maybe higher.

:Browns: Trent Richardson- Had a relatively disappointing rookie campaign that was marred by injury. The browns turn it around and Norv Commits to the run game. He will be the top rookie in his class as many projected.

:Bills: Marcell Dareus- It often takes D lineman a while to get going. This being his 3rd year is going to turn it on. He is going to turn it on and become a top 10 DT.

:dolphins: Olivier Vernon- He showed some pass rushing promise last year as a rookie, I dont think he makes people snap their necks with his play, but I think he quietly improves.

:Patriots: Alfonzo Dennard- I am not sure that Talib will be back. In that case I think Dennard builds upon a solid rookie campaign and becomes a very solid cover corner.

:Jets: Not sure lol- I would say stephen Hill who is immensely talented and was doing well until injury. I think with a shitty QB he could put out average production. With a decent one he could actually be dangerous.

:Bengals: Dre Kirkpatrick- He is going to improve and become 1 half of a top 5 CB tandem in the league. Big and Physical :wub:

:Steelers: McClendon- They are going to abandon the Ziggy Hood experiment and go with McClendon. He is going to step up and it will be a great move in the front 7.

:Texans: Randy Bullock- Yeah yeah he is a kicker. So What. He is gonig to have a Tucker, Walsh kind of campaign in his 2nd year. He has a huge leg and is pretty accurate as well.

:Colts: Andrew Luck- He did have a pretty decent rookie season. This next year he is going to become a top 10 QB and be the best in his class.

:jags: Justin Blackmon- In the first few moments of his career he looked like an Anquan Boldin clone. Then we all know what happened. Well his QB play will pickup because....well fuck because of the new logo or something. CS3 will stretch the field and he uses his big frame to work the middle of the field.

:Titans: Zach Brown- I really liked this kid coming out of the draft. May be the fastest ILB in the league. I think he is going to launch himself into top 10 contention if the get some supporting cast. Not to say Klug and other are not talented but if he gets a big body in front of him he could do very well.

:Broncos: Derek Wolfe- The dude is had a pretty stout rookie campaign that he is going to build on and become a very productive D lineman and only further help Senor Woody.

:Chiefs: Devon Wylie- Dwayne Bowe will leave leaving the chiefs in a bind. Cue dramatic guitar solo. Enter Devon Wylie. Would you believe me if I said a white guy can run a 4.37 ? He is going to be one of the better YAC guys in the league next year.

:Raiders: Juron Criner-Al did his best to fuck the Raiders one last time. They finally have a competent GM who isnt a complete idiot and with few selections got some talent. Criner was another prospect I was really high on in college. He is not a burner but has a big frame and really good hands.

:Chargers: Melvin Ingram- I think he is going to step his game up and become and intense pass rusher. He is going to be a great addition with Shaun Phillips as a situational pass rusher.

NFC later.

• Upvote 1

For :49ers:, A.J. Jenkins.

By breakout, you mean he'll be activated and catch a pass? :troll:

/obligatory9erhate

For :Seahawks: I'll say CB Walter Thurmond III. He's got a lot of talent, just hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Edited by True Blue

:Bengals:Mohamed Sanu - I've been "up" on this guy since before he was drafted. He strikes me as a guy who is a lot like TJ Houshmanzadeh. He hasn't got very much speed, but he has great hands. I think he was limited in playing time with the Bengals last year to improve on his route running but he had some huge plays for the Bengals last year, not to mention one of them was throwing the football for a touchdown. I think putting this guy opposite of AJ Green is going to be awesome, a lot like the Housh/Johnson combination they found. That is, if he can play to his potential.

:Broncos:Ronnie Hillman - This is barring a working situation. McGahee either has to show that he's not the back the Broncos need, or sustain some sort of injury. Moreno ran the ball alright for the Broncos down the stretch, but he still doesn't strike me as a guy the Broncos are confident in. Hillman has all the tools, I think we see him as the #1 back in Denver by mid-season.

:Packers:Randall Cobb - Perhaps a few of you guys already believe he had his "breakout" campaign this past season. I expect bigger things from Cobb with the likely departures of Jennings and Finley.

:Browns:Brandon Weeden - Showed flashes of being a pretty good quarterback here and there. Definitely needs to show the ability to be more consistent. I think with the emergence of Josh Gordon, and the fact that Greg Little is starting to come into his own, he could have a great season. Let us not for get the possibility of a Mike Wallace addition. The Browns could very well be a good football team if they add Wallace to the Brandon Weeden attack, and they come out with a solid draft class.

Jabaal Sheard

:Jets:Stephen Hill - Physical freak. That should be all the explanation needed.

:Giants:Andre Brown - Trying to figure out exactly why everyone has David Wilson inked in to the starting job. While he may not have racked up many yards last season in the first 10 or so games he played, he did show that he can run the ball very well in the Giants' system. I think Brown gets the starting role over Wilson, and he "runs" with it.

:Chiefs:Quarterback Andy Reid has been known as a quarterback friendly coach. If the Chiefs can lure Bowe back to the team, that will give the Chiefs' quarterback a much easier job.

:Rams:Daryl Richardson - Out with the old, in with the new. Richardson will become a 1,000 yard rusher in 2013.

As much as I'd love to see Stephen Hill break out, I don't think it happens for a number of reasons, but mostly because he can't catch and the QB situation is pretty bad.

I think Demario Davis is more likely to break out than Hill.

:Falcons: - Robert McClain, had a great year being our nickel corner, and fillend in out the outside admirably when either Dunta or Asante got hurt for series at a time.

:Falcons: - Peter Konz, with the Mud Duck calling it quits...Konz will be moving to the position he dominated in college after playing a majority of last season at RG where at first he was overpowered...but adjusted as the season went along. A solid anchor for our offensive line.

:Raiders: - Denarius Moore, showed a little bit this year, but I believe next year will be a huge year for this man. Special abilities..only needs a QB and OC that will get it to him.

:Rams: - Daryl Richardson, S-Jax is all but gone, and the guy has shown that he's S-Jax reincarnate with his running style and abilities

:Redskins: - Aldrick Robinson, a speedy WR, similar to Mike Wallace in his game-changing abilities. Not sure what happens at the QB situation in Washington...but I expect this man to come on strong in 2013

For us, A.J. Jenkins.

:dolphins: HB Lamar Miller

:Colts: ILB Jerrell Freeman

:Raiders: CB Chimdi Chekwa

:Saints: RB/KR Travaris Cadet

:Rams: Backfield

This is actually a really good list. I'm surprised Greg.

:troll:

:Patriots: Alfonzo Dennard- I am not sure that Talib will be back. In that case I think Dennard builds upon a solid rookie campaign and becomes a very solid cover corner.

So much for Dennard:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140626/article/alfonzo-dennard-facing-prison-after-assault-conviction

Found guilty of assaulting a police officer, faces up to six years in jail. He's done.

This is actually a really good list. I'm surprised Greg.

:troll:

It's awful.

:Giants: David Wilson/Andre Brown duo is born. true Thunder and Lightning. Also have to throw Reuben Randle at WR. Last game of the season he had 3 TD's in the 1st half, granted it was versus the Eagles.

:Bucs: I think Josh Freeman is on the hot seat right now. I think he comes up big with a breakout year.

:Seahawks: Golden Tate will become a top 10 WR imo this year.

Tons more I can't think of right now

So much for Dennard:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140626/article/alfonzo-dennard-facing-prison-after-assault-conviction

Found guilty of assaulting a police officer, faces up to six years in jail. He's done.

lol, no. Let's not overreact here.

No prior criminal record, so he'll probably get off with a probation + community service sentence. Maybe 30-90 days in jail. I doubt he'll get suspended either. The incident happened prior to the draft, so I'm not sure how the league would justify a suspension.

No prior criminal record, so he'll probably get off with a probation + community service sentence. Maybe 30-90 days in jail. I doubt he'll get suspended either. The incident happened prior to the draft, so I'm not sure how the league would justify a suspension.

I dont want to say I am rooting for him but I am certainly not against him either. I think he oculd be a really good player which is why his name is on the list.

That said, this is a very serious charge that in the midwest with a midwestern judge and I could see things going badly for him. I could also see a very large charitable donation to Nebraska's Horse Insemination and Incest fund going a long way too.

:Giants:Andre Brown - Trying to figure out exactly why everyone has David Wilson inked in to the starting job. While he may not have racked up many yards last season in the first 10 or so games he played, he did show that he can run the ball very well in the Giants' system. I think Brown gets the starting role over Wilson, and he "runs" with it.

Because we drafted Wilson in the first round for a reason. I've been a huge Andre Brown fanboy since we drafted him in 2009, but I'd be somewhat disappointed if Wilson doesn't win the starting job. Brown also has a history of injuries and is coming back from a broken fibula. He'll likely be back and get carries, but it's time to see what Wilson is made of next season.

Edited by BLUE

He got 2 years probation, 100 hours of community service and 30 days in jail which begins on March 1st, 2014.

But, but, but he's done, guys!

:Steelers: McClendon- They are going to abandon the Ziggy Hood experiment and go with McClendon. He is going to step up and it will be a great move in the front 7.

McClendon and Hood have no correlation as Hood is a DE and Mcclendon is a NT. Any "information" on the Steelers trying Hood at NT was pure conjecture by shitty beat writers at the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.

However, he has shown a lot of flashes of talent over the last couple years at NT and I think he's definitely poised to stomp some skulls. Cameron Hayward has looked pretty good as well, now we just need to get rid of Hood for good and find a real Aaron Smith replacement.

• Upvote 1

McClendon and Hood have no correlation as Hood is a DE and Mcclendon is a NT. Any "information" on the Steelers trying Hood at NT was pure conjecture by shitty beat writers at the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.

However, he has shown a lot of flashes of talent over the last couple years at NT and I think he's definitely poised to stomp some skulls. Cameron Hayward has looked pretty good as well, now we just need to get rid of Hood for good and find a real Aaron Smith replacement.

I think I heard Tomlin say it in a radio interview as well. Anywhoo, I think it is about time to admit hood is a flop and move on. I wont lie I am surprised that the steelers have prolonged their inevitable youth movement.

Not including the 2013 rookie class, who are your breakout players for the upcoming season?

Here's my list...

:Broncos:Derek Wolfe, DT

12-10201GC-nfl_mezz_1280_1024-333x500.jpg

-Had a phenomenal rookie season that was overshadowed by some great defensive players. (Watt, Atkins, Aldon, Von, etc.) I think he will have an even better sophomore season stepping up as the #2 guy in Denver's defense with Dumervil gone. He has a lot of elements to his game that actually reminds me a lot of J.J. Watt.

Prediction: 2013 Pro Bowl selection

:dolphins:Ryan Tannehill, QB

image.JPG

-Considering he only had twenty college starts at quarterback in college, Tannehill showed flickers of his potential that may warrant the Dolphins using the #8 overall pick on him in last year's draft. Adding WR Mike Wallace and TE Dustin Keller should only help his maturation process in his second year. I think he will make a case for himself to be mentioned in the same ranks of his fellow draft class quarterbacks in Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson next season.

Prediction: Validates Dolphins picking him high, Pro Bowl contender in 2014

:Saints:Cameron Jordan, DE

512x.jpg

-He's a little shocked I've put him on my list, but Jordan definitely belongs. During the 2011 draft evaluation process I felt that Jordan's best fit would be in a 3-4 as a defensive end. Last year Jordan was one of the few bright spots on New Orleans' ridiculously bad defense. With Rob Ryan as the new defensive coordinator and Jordan playing the five-tech, I expect even bigger things from him next season. He should eclipse his eight sack total from last season.

Prediction: Double-digit sacks and 2013 Pro Bowl selection

Edit: lol oops! Mods please merge this with the other thread! smh...

Edited by FartWaffles

Name the guys you think will come out of relative obscurity into a real threat on your team.

:Browns: Trent Richardson- Had a relatively disappointing rookie campaign that was marred by injury. The browns turn it around and Norv Commits to the run game. He will be the top rookie in his class as many projected.

So T-Rich is coming out of obscurity with 950 yards rushing with 11 rushing touchdowns, 51 receptions for 350s and 1 TD all while having broken ribs and coming off a knee surgery and THAT to you is coming out of obscurity? Doug Martin and Alfred Morris were the only two rookies above him and they have excellent seasons. Go fuck yourself, ratbird.

• Upvote 1

IF you gotta pick someone for the Bills, I'd go with Gilmore. CBs usually break out in their second year and he did show flashes his rookie year.

• Upvote 1

Name the guys you think will come out of relative obscurity into a real threat on your team.

So T-Rich is coming out of obscurity with 950 yards rushing with 11 rushing touchdowns, 51 receptions for 350s and 1 TD all while having broken ribs and coming off a knee surgery and THAT to you is coming out of obscurity? Doug Martin and Alfred Morris were the only two rookies above him and they have excellent seasons. Go fuck yourself, ratbird.

Richardson also had a yard less per attempt than those two guys.