Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Jets agree to send Darrelle Revis to Bucs pending physical

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/325958127772127232

Permission for Darrelle Revis to undergo Bucs physical never would have been granted if NYJ and TB couldn't work out trade. So there's that.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/325956228788412417

Breakthrough: Jets have granted permission for CB Darrelle Revis to visit Tampa Bay and undergo a physical with the Buccanners, per sources.

corn.gif

Well this makes the Bucs significantly better.

Waiting to see what we gave up first.

Like Bucman, I'm waiting to see what the Bucs are giving up for Revis. I also think that this is a good move for the Jets. Even though they are getting rid of a guy who I believe is the best corner in football, they are getting an opportunity here. Hopefully they use this opportunity to rebuild. It's a lot of money off their books. Now all they need to do is figure out what to do with Sanchez.

I would still be worried with that ACL. Yes, recovery times have been increased greatly and it isn't the injury it once was. But are they going to pass him on the physical even if he isn't 100% knowing what he is coming back from? I am just not as trusting I suppose...

Giving a team potentially 3 draft picks, then signing the guy to one of the richest defensive contracts in NFL History, I don't know if I would take anything less than 100%. Imagine the Bucs investing these picks and cash and he is only half of what he was (still wouldn't be terrible, mind you). You don't give that up to get a mediocre player, yikes.

Anyway, what will the Bucs cap look like with Revis and his new deal tacked on?

I would still be worried with that ACL. Yes, recovery times have been increased greatly and it isn't the injury it once was. But are they going to pass him on the physical even if he isn't 100% knowing what he is coming back from? I am just not as trusting I suppose...

Giving a team potentially 3 draft picks, then signing the guy to one of the richest defensive contracts in NFL History, I don't know if I would take anything less than 100%. Imagine the Bucs investing these picks and cash and he is only half of what he was (still wouldn't be terrible, mind you). You don't give that up to get a mediocre player, yikes.

Anyway, what will the Bucs cap look like with Revis and his new deal tacked on?

We have somewhere from 25-30 right now, so we'd still have ten million or so left.

Horrible move by the Jets organization.

The only way this results in the Jets looking like they had a little bit of sense is if Revis comes back from injury absolutely awful.

WOW. I love love this. I thought it was going to cost way more than a 1st and potential 3rd. We were gonna use the 13 on a CB anyways. This will allow us to focus on another position of need and we still have quite a few picks this year :devious:

Jets get #13 and a 2013 3rd rounder. I love this deal right now. Excited about the elite talent we have on our roster, it has been so long since we have had so many players elite at their position (Jackson, Nicks, Martin, Revis, Goldson)

No way can either team be 100% positive that Revis' ACL won't be an issue. If he was at full form, he would nearly demand two first rounders any way I see it. To get him for a first, a third and 4th? That's a steal if he's healthy.

If Revis is playing at the same level as he was before he went down and the Bucs still can't win some football game, I'll laugh my ass off.

Horrible move by the Jets organization.

The only way this results in the Jets looking like they had a little bit of sense is if Revis comes back from injury absolutely awful.

Disagree.

He was going to be a FA next year. The Jets needed to trade him so he wouldn't walk for nothing.

With that being said, I am very happy with what we gave up. It sucks losing a 1st round pick, but we're getting the best CB in the NFL. Definitely worth giving up the #13 pick and a mid rounder.

This is fucking awesome.

Disagree.

He was going to be a FA next year. The Jets needed to trade him so he wouldn't walk for nothing.

With that being said, I am very happy with what we gave up. It sucks losing a 1st round pick, but we're getting the best CB in the NFL. Definitely worth giving up the #13 pick and a mid rounder.

This is fucking awesome.

I don't think you should feel like it sucks to give up a first rounder this year at all. There is very little first round talent this year that are sure fire hits. Even at #13. You guys definitely got a steal.

The only thing on the Jets part that was foolish was that they should have asked for a 2014 first rounder as opposed to a 2013.

I don't think you should feel like it sucks to give up a first rounder this year at all. There is very little first round talent this year that are sure fire hits. Even at #13. You guys definitely got a steal.

The only thing on the Jets part that was foolish was that they should have asked for a 2014 first rounder as opposed to a 2013.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about trading a 1st rounder. For the best CB in the NFL, it is definitely worth it. Give me the proven talent over an unknown guy any day of the week. I'm just saying it kind of sucks watching the first day of the draft and not having a pick to really look forward too. I am ecstatic about the trade. The NFL season needs to get here already, I can't wait to see this team on the field. :yep:

Bucs signed CB Darrelle Revis to a new six-year, $96 million contract that makes him the highest paid defensive back in NFL history in terms of annual average, but contains ZERO guaranteed money.

The Jets received (only?) the No. 13 pick in this year's draft and a conditional 2014 fourth-rounder that can escalate to a third-rounder based on whether Revis is on the Bucs' roster on the third day of the 2014 league year. The fact that Revis accepted NO guaranteed money is shocking. The compensation isn't quite what we anticipated either, making the Bucs the clear early winners of the Revis trade. Revis is obviously confident in the health of his reconstructed knee, so much so that going on age 28 he's willing to gamble on himself, accepting a pay-as-you-go contract with large but non-guaranteed annual salaries of $13 million with $3M in bonuses each offseason. The Bucs could cut him as soon as 2014 if his recovery goes afoul. It's truly fantastic maneuvering by Bucs GM Mark Dominik.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

I didn't think it was possible going into this, but I think the Bucs managed to win this trade.

Jets wouldn't of ended up with nothing if Revis left. They wouldve gotten a 3rd rounder in 2015.

With the no guaranteed money clause? For sure. No risk at all here for the Bucs, and Revis must be confident that he'll be back at 100%.

Jets get #13 and a 2013 3rd rounder. I love this deal right now. Excited about the elite talent we have on our roster, it has been so long since we have had so many players elite at their position (Jackson, Nicks, Martin, Revis, Goldson)

It's a (other than the #13 pick this year) 2014 conditional 4th round pick. If he's on the roster the third day of the start of the 2014th season, it turns into a 3rd round pick.

So basically a 2014 3rd rounder.

Wow...STEALING!!

Edited by BucD

This was huge imo and a great move for both teams.

The Bucs most likely was going to spend their 13th pick on a CB anyway so spending a 13th overall pick (and 3rd rounder) on Revis (granted if he's healthy) is definitely a steal over an unproven rookie. Not to mention no guaranteed money? That's win.

Now for the Jets, they are struggling for cap space and Revis was going to be a free agent next year anyway. If you watched their games this year, they still did well without Revis. They were 2nd in pass defense. You can say that it was because the Jets were trailing in so many games that teams just ran the ball down their throats but they still have Cromartie who is a top 10 corner and two 1st rounders in the first 13 picks. If the Jets new GM drafts good, he could get two quality players to help build that Jets team who definitely has some holes to fill.

I for one can't wait to see if the Bucs defense improves. They signed Dashon Goldson and Darrelle Revis. Good move by both teams imo.

No guaranteed money and only gave up a first and a conditional third? That's a killer deal for a guy like Revis. Hopefully for the Bucs his knee will be fine through a 16-game season.

I'm worried about the ACL, but I wasn't a huge fan of the first round CB talent we would have likely ended up with anyway. There will be some good 2nd round talent this year and we still have that pick.

Getting him to sign a contract for no guaranteed money is a big plus as well, and incredibly surprising. If the time comes where he isn't worth the money at least he won't be a burden on the team.

Edited by Shotgun

Darrelle Revis ✔ @Revis24

I been sitting around for the last hour trying to figure out what to say to the Jet Nation & I came up with this. The six years I played for

4:03 PM - 21 Apr 2013

the New York Jets were unbelievable. I put my body on the line everyday & did everything could to help the team win. I experienced a lot &

4:06 PM - 21 Apr 2013

& learned a lot. The memories I had in New York I will keep dearly to my heart. I want to thank all the jets fans for making me feel welcome

4:09 PM - 21 Apr 2013

Wow maybe he has grown up. No bitterness towards the Jets at all.

Just because he doesn't say it on Twitter doesn't mean he's not bitter about it lol

• Upvote 1