AllYouNeedIsLovie

Ronde Barber to retire

Just heard it on Sirius NFL Radio.

Man, this just sucks. He was the last guy left from the Superbowl team. Never gonna forget, Ronde. One of my favorite Bucs of all time and he always played his heart out. Many thought he was going to retire when Raheem came along, but he continued to play through some pretty awful teams. Wish he would have given it another year, but at least he'll be retiring as a Buccaneer. Thanks for all the great memories Ronde, and arguably, the best moment in the history of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

barber_zoom.jpg

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There goes another 90s drafted DB. You'll be missed, Ronde.

I'm gonna miss him, a great player and a class act on and off the field. He defined what being a Buc was.

Good luck in retirement, Ronde.

Probably the most iconic Bucs player of all time. Congrats on a stellar career, Ronde.

This surprised me, considering the kind of secondary he'd have gotten to play with this year.

• Upvote 1

Good for him, it sucks to see him go, but it was time.

He was unlikely to be a starter next year, so I pretty much expected this. It's sad we'll be losing the last player from the Superbowl team, and more importantly a great leader in the locker room. Ronde showed a lot of guys what being a pro was all about through leading by example. That's something that's hard to put a price on.

It's the end of an era. Now it's time to celebrate his career & accomplishments.

Great player who has a fantastic career. I hope he enjoys the psot-football life and he finds as many successes off the field as he did on it. I am just thankful he isn't a douche like his brother.

k4WRa.AuSt.69.jpeg

:( Time to cry. Barbers retirement conference starting.

Just heard it on Sirius NFL Radio.

Man, this just sucks. He was the last guy left from the Superbowl team. Never gonna forget, Ronde. One of my favorite Bucs of all time and he always played his heart out. Many thought he was going to retire when Raheem came along, but he continued to play through some pretty awful teams. Wish he would have given it another year, but at least he'll be retiring as a Buccaneer. Thanks for all the great memories Ronde, and arguably, the best moment in the history of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

barber_zoom.jpg

Hadto neg that pic. :chair:

• Downvote 1

Ronde Barber was a true playmaker from the CB position. He could cover your best WR, he could tackle your RB in the open field 1 on 1, he could bring your QB down on a CB blitz, and he could force turnovers either via INT or forced fumbles. He was overshadowed during his time by Champ Bailey, but he should still find his bust in Canton some day.

A true Bucs icon, I hope he enjoys his retirement. I remember seeing that Bucs defense absolutely rape the Raiders.

He was a class act on the field and off, and very fun to watch, even on a rival team.

Wish him all the best in retirement.

Ronde, Alstott, and Warren Sapp are my favorite Bucs players of all time.

Great player maker, great person, and had a great career. I still get that empty feeling watching that pick 6 in the nfc championship game though.

Edited by dutchff7

I knew this day would come eventually....and I am honored to have watched him play and met him in person! Its always difficult to watch our franchise players leave the team, but I am glad he did it on his own terms. And that pick-6 in the NFC Championship game, that shut down the Vet and sent us to the Super Bowl....THAT...will forever be etched in our minds! Thanks for all the memories Ronde, and the very Best to you, your family and your future!! #20 Canton bound!

I knew this day would come eventually....and I am honored to have watched him play and met him in person! Its always difficult to watch our franchise players leave the team, but I am glad he did it on his own terms. And that pick-6 in the NFC Championship game, that shut down the Vet and sent us to the Super Bowl....THAT...will forever be etched in our minds! Thanks for all the memories Ronde, and the very Best to you, your family and your future!! #20 Canton bound!

Even though your first post is talking about how Ronde was the dagger in our superbowl hopes that year, welcome to the boards!

Even though your first post is talking about how Ronde was the dagger in our superbowl hopes that year, welcome to the boards!

LOL....cmon bro! You still carrying that yet, its been over a decade! Besides y'all killed us 2 consecutive yrs before that. Ohh.. talk bout pain, somehow I managed to block that all out lol. But thanks anyway bro, I appreciate that! :rockon:

LOL....cmon bro! You still carrying that yet, its been over a decade! Besides y'all killed us 2 consecutive yrs before that. Ohh.. talk bout pain, somehow I managed to block that all out lol. But thanks anyway bro, I appreciate that! :rockon:

Lol, there's no comparison. You guys got a superbowl out of that. What do we have to show for it?

mrWjxuP.jpg

Well tell me who didnt see this coming! Roy Cummings of the TBT reports...veteran CB Ronde Barber is joining Fox Sports in a "hybrid role", likely as a game and studio analyst! Very cool IMO...he'll do just fine! You go Ronde!

1038ox0.jpg

Edited by BucMad