AllYouNeedIsLovie

Who are the 5 most important players to your team?

For the :Bucs:

1. Darrelle Revis- Pretty obvious. This guy is an absolute stud and if he can stay healthy, he should significantly improve our pass defense. If he were to go down, our CB situation would look pretty damn shitty.

2. Gerald McCoy- McCoy makes a huge difference to our defense and is one of the main reason's why we ranked #1 against the run last year. If he were to go down, we would be in deep trouble, especially because our depth behind McCoy at DT sucks.

3. Vincent Jackson- V-Jax is a monster WR who really stretches our offense. He is big, strong and quick and if the ball is in his area, he will usually come down with it. He's a true #1 WR which we have been lacking for years and if he were to go down, it would be a huge blow to our offense.

4. Doug Martin- Great RB who I am expecting big things from next year. A lot of people say RB's are easily replaceable, but Martin is a stud and if he were to go down, I would not trust Mike James to come anywhere close to the production that Martin will give us.

5. Josh Freeman- The QB. Time for Freeman to show us who he really is. This season really comes down to Freeman's play. If Freeman plays well, we probably make the playoffs and he gets an extension. If he plays poorly, we miss the playoffs and we are searching for a new QB.

For my :Eagles:

1. LeSean McCoy- McCoy is easily our most valuable player. He's has exceptional play making ability being and is the most elusive RB in the NFL. We rely heavily on his dynamic play making ability and he is the heart of our offense. When LeSean McCoy has over 20 carries, the Eagles are 10-1 and we are 3-16 when he has less than 20 carries. Regardless, Andy Reid refused to run the ball...idiot...

2. Jason Peters- Jason Peters when healthy is the best LT in football. He is the anchor on our offensive line and allows us a lot of flexibility when it comes to play calls because he's so reliable and good.

3. Evan Mathis- He was the only Eagle that was consistently good all year. He is our unsung hero and was one of the top lineman in the league last year.

4. DeSean Jackson- One of our most explosive players; one of the leagues explosive players as well. DeSean Jackson leads all receivers in yards per catch averaging 17.5 in the past 5 years. He's very versatile and can be dangerous in so many ways. His speed demands respect and stretches the field; defenses have to account for that.

5. QB??- Our QB is going to have to give us some stable game play.

1. Brady, obviously

2. Gronk, one of the best TEs in the NFL. Need him to be healthy if we're gonna do anything in the playoffs

3. Hernandez-like Gronk, need both of them

4. Chandler Jones-need him to become a dominant pass rusher or else our defense is going to be mediocre as hell again.

5. Wilfork-best player on the D, without him our run defense would fall off dramatically

Chris Johnson - CJ behind this o-line? lol @ NFL defenses.

Jake Locker - Because if he sucks we suck.

Michael Roos - One of the best LTs in the league. Performed at an elite level for a long time without having much help from the LG...that's no longer an issue with Levitre.

Derrick Morgan - Had an under the radar, VERY good season last year. Should be even better this year.

Jason McCourty - Kinda eating crow here. I never thought McCourty would amount to anything in this league..but he's become a very solid corner who has improved his play every year. He may not be Revis or Sherman, but he's good enough and can give opponents #1 receivers some fits.

In no specific order...

:Texans:

1. J.J. Watt

2. Duane Brown

3. Arian Foster

4. Andre Johnson

5. Johnathan Joseph

6. Brian Cushing

I know it was only supposed to be five, but I honestly just couldn't exclude any one of those players on my list.

For Seattle:

1. Russell Wilson

2. Earl Thomas

3. Russell Okung

4. Brandon Mebane

5. Marshawn Lynch

Thoma and Mebane are the two indispensable parts of the defense. Earl essentially gives the team the ability to go cover 3 almost all the time. He's worth 2 safeties. Mebane is a complete monster at the 1 and is generally the more productive 2 gap player of the 2 we have (Red Bryant being the other).

But it's all about the QB. Wilson was worth 4 wins over last year with a journeyman QB and really was probably worth more than that. His ability to keep ice cool composure in tight games is not something Seattle fans have been treated to since Randy Johnson and Ken Griffey Jr. He elevates the entire team by just being. There is a tangible expectation that Russell will win the game in the 4th quarter if the game is any way in doubt. This team, and we as fans believe he can will the franchise to a championship.

• Upvote 1

1: Philip Rivers - Last two years have been down for him but I have faith he will turn it around with a new regime in town

2: O-line - no one in particular, but the men in charge of protecting the man above are pretty damn important. Hoping they do a better job of it this season

3: Eric Weddle - best defensive player on the team, gets better every year, no more needs to be said about his importance to this defense and team.

4: Dwight Freeney - can't succeed on defense without a pass rush and that's exactly what Freeney will be doing for the Bolts. Corey Liuget and Kendall Reyes will also contribute pressure but beyond that there isn't much pass rush production on this roster

5: Danny Woodhead - having a safety outlet is an immobile QB's best friend, I expect to see Danny used a lot in that capacity this season.

Other important players I could have included: Denario Alexander, Antonio Gates, Donald Butler, Derek Cox

For the Falcons:

1. Matt Ryan. It starts here. He's been the best player on our team basically since he's joined in 08.

2. Roddy White. What else can you say about a receiver that's averaging top 3 stats since 08?

3. Tony Gonzalez. Him or Roddy are the go to guys for 3rd down conversions.

4. Sean Weatherspoon. The unquestionable emotional leader on defense.

5. As much as I'd like to put Julio here, he's still a youngblood. I think right now, it's gotta be Asante Samuel. He's brought an attitude with him to our team that only he can add.

• Upvote 1

1. Tony Romo. This is obvious.

2. DeMarcus Ware/Anthony Spencer. Both are irreplaceable and absolute studs.

3. Bruce Carter. I actually prefer him to Sean Lee. I think Bruce could continue his rise after an injury and showcase why Dallas views him so highly.

4. Brandon Carr. Completely changed the cornerback culture in Dallas and showed true grit by dealing with two personal tragedies in a week's time and still balling for this team.

5. Tyron Smith. His quality play allows Dallas to search for another staple tackle.

1. Tony Romo. This is obvious.

2. DeMarcus Ware/Anthony Spencer. Both are irreplaceable and absolute studs.

3. Bruce Carter. I actually prefer him to Sean Lee. I think Bruce could continue his rise after an injury and showcase why Dallas views him so highly.

4. Brandon Carr. Completely changed the cornerback culture in Dallas and showed true grit by dealing with two personal tragedies in a week's time and still balling for this team.

5. Tyron Smith. His quality play allows Dallas to search for another staple tackle.

I'm surprised you didn't have Demarcco Murray? I hate to say it but if he stays healthy, I think he's going to be a problem for the league. I guess the main point is "if". But he would definitely give the Cowboys the balance they need.

Edited by dutchff7

1. Joe Thomas
  2. Joe Haden
  3. Trent Richardson
  4. Josh Gordon
  5. DQ52

I would have thrown Alex Mack in there, he has such a key role and is underrated due to the overrated Maurkice Pouncey in our division.

1. Andrew Luck- Easily. The franchise player we build a team around.

2. Reggie Wayne - Our top veteran leader. A perennially solid 1000 yard receiver. Future Hall of Famer. Mentor to a very young and inexperienced offense.

3. Robert Mathis - The Reggie Wayne of our defense. Our defensive captain. Veteran leadership and locker room presence.

4. Vontae Davis - Our top corner. Young talented corner with the potential to become a true shutdown man cover corner. Arguably our most talented defender.

5. Anthony Castonzo - Might take some flack for this from Colts fans. But our LT is arguably our top pass protector. The gigantic Castle that protects your King is massively important. Yeah that's right it's a Chess metaphor. And he certainly lives up to the Castle moniker at 6'7 320lbs.

:Broncos:

1. Peyton Manning. Obvious, QB, etc.

2. Von Miller. Lifeblood of our defense, if he's off our whole team is off. It doesn't happen often though.

3. Champ Bailey. He's the leader of our defense, and he may be slowing down a little. Let's see if it wasn't just the conditions of our last game being conducive to speedy passing offenses.

4. The offensive line. If I had to pick just one player it'd be JD Walton, but these guys need to improve if we want our wimp of a QB to survive the playoffs.

5. Matt Prater. Because sometimes you just need to kick a 60 yard field goal.

1. Colin Kaepernick

2. OL (run blocking)

3. Justin Smith

4. Patrick Willis

5. NaVorro Bowman

5. Vernon Davis/Aldon Smith

Even though I love Frank, Kendall hunter averaged over 5 yards a pop. We could plug any decent RB with this line and he would perform well.

Edited by Bay
  • Upvote 1

Big Ben

Troy Polamalu

Ike Taylor

Lawrence Timmons

Antonio Brown (someone has to catch the ball)

1. Cam Newton

2. The defensive line

3. The backfield

4. Steve Smith

5. The secondary

I have no idea who is going to be starting at 2, 3, and 5 come week 1, so that's why its vague. But regardless who is starting there, those are the positions that need to produce.

1. Cam Newton

2. The defensive line

3. The backfield

4. Steve Smith

5. The secondary

I have no idea who is going to be starting at 2, 3, and 5 come week 1, so that's why its vague. But regardless who is starting there, those are the positions that need to produce.

No Luke Kuechly?

Steelers:

1. Ben Roethlisberger - Our record without him speaks for itself.

2. Troy Polamalu - One of the biggest defensive play makers in the NFL.

3. Le'veon Bell - Already slated to start. Gets us back to smash mouth Steeler football. Great hands.

4. Jarvis Jones/Jason Worlids - I'm confident Woodley will hold down the other side, but one of these guys needs to step up and get after the QB. It could make or break the defense just as much as missing Polamalu.

5. Heath Miller - Been a big part of this teams success in the past, had some MONSTER games last year. Most importantly great chemistry with #7 and hes ben's most familiar weapon left.

**Some people threw in a 6th so i will do an honorable mention.

6. Ike Taylor - He's been our best corner for years and can really hold his own with a lot of the explosive receivers in the game.

No Luke Kuechly?

Hmm.

No, I don't think so. This is "most important players to my team", which means the people that have to play well in order for us to make it to the playoffs. Kuechly is a great player and he's important, but not as important as these other 5 positions.

If I'm putting in a 6th, its him, probably. Or maybe the O-line.

Edited by Thanatos19

1. Von miller

2. Chris Harris

3. D. Thomas

4. Peyton manning

5. Tie- Ryan clady and champ bailey

1.Josh Freeman - We won't win anything if he doesn't play at a consistently good level. Despite whatever moves we made, it still falls on Freeman.

2.Da'Quan Bowers - We let our best defensive end since Simeon Rice (it isn't saying much, but still) walk so Bowers could finally be the main guy at LDE. He has to step up and start eating QBs like he was hyped up to do in the draft, this team needs a pass rush and it HAS to come from him.

3.Darrelle Revis - Kind of obvious, he needs to heal from his injury and play at his elite form to help turn around the worst pass defense in the league.

4.Doug Martin - He needs to repeat his rookie success, Schiano is a coach who wants to run the ball so we need Martin to keep playing well.

5.Gerald McCoy - Part of the reason we made such a massive jump up to the league's best run defense was McCoy finally staying healthy and playing at an elite level. He needs to do it again or our defense could be in trouble.

Honorable mentions: Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks, Donald Penn, Mark Barron

That depends on the definition of important. Who are our 5 best ?

1.)Haloti Ngata

2.)Lardarius Webb

3.)Marshall Yanda

4.)Ray Rice

5.)Vontae Leach

Who do we need the most for a successful run ?

1.) Joe Flacco

2.) Bryant McKinnie

3.) Jimmy Smith

4.) Arthur Brown

5.) Tommy Streeter

That depends on the definition of important. Who are our 5 best ?

1.)Haloti Ngata

2.)Lardarius Webb

3.)Marshall Yanda

4.)Ray Rice

5.)Vontae Leach

Who do we need the most for a successful run ?

1.) Joe Flacco

2.) Bryant McKinnie

3.) Jimmy Smith

4.) Arthur Brown

5.) Tommy Streeter

I'm pretty sure its what players make the biggest impact towards winning.

1) Joe Flacco

2) Terrel Suggs

3) Haloti Ngata

4) Lardarius Webb

5) Ray Rice

Marsall Yanda and Torrey Smith almost made this list, but I think our shutdown corner is more important (assuming he's healthy) than a guard and reciever.