AllYouNeedIsLovie

Who wins the AFC North in 2013?

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC North in 2013?

We have the defending Superbowl Champs in this division, but they will not be my pick. I am going with the Bengals. I really like their defense and I think they quietly had a very good draft. Tyler Eifert at #21 was an excellent pick IMO, and gives Dalton another good weapon to throw to besides AJ Green. Margus Hunt is another guy who I really liked and I think will excel playing on the Bengals d-line, which is already pretty solid.

I think the Ravens get a Wildcard spot, but they lost too many players to win the division this year. They lost almost half their starting defense from last year and not having Anquan Boldin will hurt Flacco.

I think the Steelers and Browns both will compete in the division, but they won't get playoff spots.

I think this is the Bengals year. Dalton isn't a bad QB, he finally has an intermediate weapon in Eifert, and he might just have a running game to work with as well. The defense is rock solid, and I feel like the Steelers and Ravens have declined this year.

God the Bengals hype train is now unstoppable.

As per the usual year in the AFCN it will be the Ravens and the Steelers for the division. And you do not have to ask who my pick is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Until proven otherwise I am sticking with the SB champs. Well coached and well run organization and I am one of the few who seems to have liked their offseason moves. The Boldin move might have made me scratch my head but we'll see....

Too many I know are on the Bengals wagon. I think they are a good team but I don't really trust/feel them....yet. They might prove me wrong though. I like Dalton but I don't think he has much "magic" either...

Steelers? Not sure, they seem to be turning into a mess to me at times. Ben seems to be breaking down too. Another team though that has potential to surprise in any given season I suppose.

Browns? Too soon to know. Too many question marks.

Yeah I will stick with Baltimore now.

As per the usual year in the AFCN it will be the Ravens and the Steelers for the division. And you do not have to ask who my pick is.

Why the Steelers? They were only 8-8 last year and I don't think they got any better. Hell, if anything, they probably got worse.

Bengals. Not trying to be a homer. The defense was already set. It was the offense that sucked big moose cock when things began to count. Injuries at slot didn't help take pressure off of Green, so they drafted a TE. That should keep the opposing SS occupied and free up Green somewhat. Still, if the Bengals can move the chains and keep their defense off the field - and maybe even have the offense score one of the two team's TDs - then hey, I believe they have a shot at winning the division.

I really think this is becoming the most competitive division in the NFL. Even the Browns who will likely still finish last this year won't be that bad of a team. I think any of the other 3 have a great shot at winning the division. If Roethlisberger stays healthy all year, you have to like the Steelers chances at taking it. The Ravens had a lot of turnover but it's tough to count them out. And if Dalton improves even a little bit, the Bengals are pretty dangerous. I'll go 1. Steelers 2. Ravens 3. Bengals 4. Browns.

Why the Steelers? They were only 8-8 last year and I don't think they got any better. Hell, if anything, they probably got worse.

The amount of injuries we had was unbearable so "only" 8-8 was just about right. We got worse only in receiving department since Mike Wallace is gone. The rest of the team is still very very good and if Ben, Woodley, DeCastro, Polamalu and running backs stay healthy, AFC North is ours. That's still a big "if".

The amount of injuries we had was unbearable so "only" 8-8 was just about right. We got worse only in receiving department since Mike Wallace is gone. The rest of the team is still very very good and if Ben, Woodley, DeCastro, Polamalu and running backs stay healthy, AFC North is ours. That's still a big "if".

As a Ravens fan you never, EVER count out the Steelers as long as Big Ben is at the quarterback position. I am going with Ravens, Steelers, then Cincy. I would not be at all surprised if the Steelers took the AFC NORTH(easier schedule). I refuse, refuse to drink the Cincinnati kool-aid until the Bengals win a Playoff game. Jeez!

As a Ravens fan you never, EVER count out the Steelers as long as Big Ben is at the quarterback position. I am going with Ravens, Steelers, then Cincy. I would not be at all surprised if the Steelers took the AFC NORTH(easier schedule). I refuse, refuse to drink the Cincinnati kool-aid until the Bengals win a Playoff game. Jeez!

Ravens fan, yet says Eagles is favorite team...does not compute.

Hard to win games when lefty and Batch are your starting qbs. I'll go. With Razor and say Cincy takes it.

Hard to win games when lefty and Batch are your starting qbs. I'll go. With Razor and say Cincy takes it.

You realize Big Ben played in 13 of their 16 games, right?

Yes, but he clearly wasn't 100% the rest of the year when he came back. There was no velocity on his throws and he wasn't as quick as he normally was moving around in the pocket. Before he got hurt, he was one of the top quarterbacks in the league last season. He probably should've sat out the rest of the year after he got hurt, but when you're the franchise guy being paid big bucks, you're gonna play if you're even remotely able to. There's really nothing the Steelers could've done. Last season was definitely a wash. Nobody should be surprised if the Steelers win the division this year.

Edited by Sarge

Steelers will take it.

And my god the Bengals hype. I want to see Dalton do more than just be an average QB before I sign onto this runaway train. Namely, beat a division opponent not named the Browns when they are actually trying to win.

• Upvote 1

Steelers will take it.

And my god the Bengals hype. I want to see Dalton do more than just be an average QB before I sign onto this runaway train. Namely, beat a division opponent not named the Browns when they are actually trying to win.

I pretty much agree with this.

:Bengals: While the Bengals are a team that I do like, Dalton has to prove more to me before I pick them to be kings of the AFC North. In big games, he seems unsure of himself and scared to make passes that are there; aka seems scared to make a mistake. Dalton would have to make some strides before I choose them. In the meantime, Benard could possibly take a bit of pressure off of him and Tyler Eifert should open things up on that offense; granted better play calling. A.J Green is also one of the best WR in the league. So Dalton has stability around him, he just has to improve. He's also had plenty help from the defense as well; one of the better young defenses in the league.

:Ravens: I'm not saying that they can't take the North but I think that they lost too many core members. It will be interesting to see Flacco under Caldwell for an entire season.

:Browns: Some good talent on their team but don't trust the QBs though. This team is building and prime to be good possibly in the next few years.

:Steelers: I think the Steelers will be the "Kings of the North." They were 8-8 last year despite a ton of injuries. Granted they lost Mike Wallace (James Harrison), I think they will suffice. The main reason is that I trust Big Ben over any other QB in this division. The Steelers will still play tough and always have a chance with Big Ben at the helm.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

Also, the Steelers usually perform best when everyone has written them off and tend to bounce back after a bad season. In 2003 they were shit and finished 6-10. They drafted Ben and went 15-1 the next season. In 2006 they were 8-8, then won the division in 2007. In 2009 they had a 5 game losing streak, were riddled with injures, and ended up 9-7. They followed that with a 2010 Super Bowl appearance.

The Steelers teams of late have been cyclical and I think we may see something similar this season, provided they stay relatively healthy.

• Upvote 1

It's going to be a tight race for sure this year. Here's how I think it will go:

1. Steelers

T-2. Bengals (Bengals win a tiebreaker)

T-2. Ravens

4. Browns

Edited by BigBen07

Yes, but he clearly wasn't 100% the rest of the year when he came back. There was no velocity on his throws and he wasn't as quick as he normally was moving around in the pocket. Before he got hurt, he was one of the top quarterbacks in the league last season. He probably should've sat out the rest of the year after he got hurt, but when you're the franchise guy being paid big bucks, you're gonna play if you're even remotely able to. There's really nothing the Steelers could've done. Last season was definitely a wash. Nobody should be surprised if the Steelers win the division this year.

I'm never surprised by the AFCN and certainly not surprised if/when the Steelers win it. The only time I'll be surprised is if the Browns ever win it. We've got two elite coordinators and I think our time is coming, we just need a franchise QB.

Are you worried about Ben's overall health? Dude has taken a beating in the NFL, at what point does he need to stop extending plays (His biggest strength) to protect himself? Those graphics they show of his injuries makes me hurt.

• Upvote 1

I'm interested in what either Tandon Doss or Jacoby Jones can do in the #2 spot for the Ravens, and I like a lot of the moves they made. They'll be right in it. On the other hand, the Steelers have the best QB and HC in the division and when it's up in the air like the AFCN is, that can mean everything.

Also, though he struggles at times, Andy Dalton has been more than average, imo. Nobody seems willing to let him develop. Let's see what he does in year 3.

I think the Bengals take it this year. They have a pretty underrated roster and I love the draft they have. Sanu and Kirkpatrick in year 2 and healthy could do wonders for them.

I want to think that the Bengals will win the division, they've been building and building. I just don't see it happening, they are a let down every year when the season gets down to the wire. I think the Steelers pull it out this year.

Wouldn't it be amazing if the Browns took it? That would be an absolute mind fuck.

Not trying to fuel the wagon for the Bengals hype, but I think the Bengals can do it this year. Our biggest issue last year was Dalton making plays. While I don't think he is the best playmaker, and he has a tendency to overthrow Green, I think he needs more playmakers and options to be able to be comfortable in big spots. If a team puts triple coverage on Green and Dalton can't find Gresham, it's almost a guaranteed bomb to Green. You can't force a QB into that. Look at all the successful QBs out there. Rodgers had Jennings, Nelson, Finley, Jones, and Cobb. Brady had Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, and Lloyd. Manning had Dreesen, Tamme, Decker, and Thomas. While those aren't top of the food chain like Green, they are good at spreading out the game and opening it up for a quarterback.

Look at Cutler trying to force feed the ball to Marshall. Look at Stafford trying to send 300 passes a year at Calvin Johnson. When you only have one receiving threat, it clogs up the pass attack. While Gresham is a solid TE, he isn't a big option. Sanu proved good, until injuring his foot. Hawkins is a big x-factor but he can get bottled up once teams expect him. The Bengals adding Eifert and Bernard really lined up the offense for success. Now a top 10 offense mixed with a top 5 defense? I think we can go a good way this year.

The Steelers, while hurting pretty bad last year, aren't gonna be able to do much better. You lost a big playmaker on the offensive side with Wallace, lost Mendenhall, who provided a front runner in a trio of backs. Harrison is now with the Bengals(Oh the irony.) Keenan Allen is gone, who was one of the few cornerbacks you could rely on. The defense is old and rusty. The offense is lacking playmakers. I can see 8-8 tops.

Browns are still building. The defense is solid all around but struggles too much due to constantly being out on the field. The offense is the big issue. The line is very solid, one of the best, in my opinion, but the quarterback spot is just non-existing. Weeden vs. Campbell isn't a very good battle to be having for the quarterback spot. Richardson will have the ability to pass 1,200 yards if he can stay healthy and fight through the boxes that'll be set up on him. Josh Gordon is a prospering young receiver and I see him as a bright spot in a receiving corps full of dying hope.

Ravens aren't half the team they were last year. They lost Lewis, Reed, and Boldin.(They lost Pollard too but it isn't as big.) There isn't much high morale in a locker room that loses it's key leaders. Flacco is going to have to step up, or the entire team will fall apart. While the Dumervil situation shouldn't have happened, it did, and I hope Baltimore is greatful for him. He is the only true bright spot of the offseason. They are going to be starting a rookie safety, possibly a free agent signing across from the rookie. They lost Ellerbe and Kruger, roleplayers who were set to take up place. McClain just retired so any hope for a good linebacker corps has died. Arthur Brown could step in and fill up Lewis in a physical hole, but the mental hole is still gonna be there. Flacco is the future of this team, and let's hope the team made the right choice by investing so much in him.

• Upvote 1

I think the Bengals take this division. They just have so much young talent, I think this is the year they finally break into that SB contender for real.