Sign in to follow this  
Minny

The Rookie You're Most Anticipating?

Which rookie not on your favorite team are you most looking forward to seeing play at the NFL level? For me it's Justin Hunter. Being a big Randy Moss fan, I can see some of the physical similarities between the two, although Hunter doesn't have nearly the same body control or hands that Moss did when he came out of Marshall. I'm excited to see if he successfully transitions to the NFL.

hi-res-151090258_crop_650x440.jpg?1366226242

EJ Manuel, I'm just intrigued to see how he fits in the NFL.

Hunter's hands are fine. He had drop issues early in the year, but that was more due to playing scared/trying too hard(something he's admitted to). As the year went on, the drops went away. He never dropped passes, regardless of the difficulty of the catch(the image in my signature being a good example, a catch in his freshman year). I just hope he's here for more than a paycheck and gives it 100%, and of course him staying healthy, though he had no problems last year. I don't forsee him being the next Randy Moss, but if he reaches his potential, he'll be pretty damn good.

In regards to who I'm most anticipating, and this would be my answer even if rookies from the Titans were permitted:

I've been saying since January that Cordarrelle Patterson will be one of, if not the best player to come out of this this draft. Still stick by that. He's the one I'm looking forward to the most. His athleticism is ridiculous, even for NFL standards, and while some complain about how raw he is, they fail to understand he arrived at Tennessee in the middle of August. He had no spring practice, no time to learn the playbook, and on top of it all, Da'Rick Rogers got kicked off the team and he was thrusted in as the #2 receiver.

Patterson dominated his opponents without any time to practice with his team and learn the playbook. With an entire off-season in Minnesota, and them having an established running game with AP, so everything isn't resting on his shoulders in regards to having to make every play for them, I think he's gonna surprise everyone.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

I'm excited to see how Tyler Eifert does in Cincy. He's a very athletic TE and I think he is going to create a lot of mismatches. The Bengals have AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham too, so I think he'll get some good matchups.

Gio Bernard and Keenan Allen.

Probably Arthur Brown, Ziggy Ansah and Dion Jordan.

Love me some defense. :shifty:

• Upvote 1

I'm excited to see if Margus Hunt can utilize his freak athleticism and develop into a dominating defensive presence for the Bengals.

Probably Arthur Brown, Ziggy Ansah and Dion Jordan.

Love me some defense. :shifty:

Yeah these are basically my Top 3 as well :yep:

I'm excited to see if Margus Hunt can utilize his freak athleticism and develop into a dominating defensive presence for the Bengals.

Doubt he plays much his 1st year with how loaded on the DL the Bengals are and how raw he is. I expect big things from him, but not this year.

Arthur Brown, Dion Jordan, Mingo, and Travis Kelce...yes I know a Chief and not really a big name, but he has all the tools to be a dominant TE in this league.

Barkevoius Mingo, Star Lotulelei and Sheldon Richardson.

If I cant pick Art Brown then I am definitely going with Star. I have been high on him forever and I think he is Haloti Ngata.

For me it's Mingo, Dion Jordan and Eddie Lacy.

And then...

...Geno Smith...week 1...

:devious:

Eagles: Zach Ertz, Lane Johnson, Bennie Logan, Jordan Poyer.

Rest of the league:

Tyler Eifert

Ziggy Ansah

Dion Jordan

Mingo

Tavon Austin

D.J Hayden

Star

Shariff Floyd

Xavier Rhodes

John Cyprien

Giovanni Benard

Eddie Lacy

Manti Teo

For me it's Mingo, Dion Jordan and Eddie Lacy.

And then...

...Geno Smith...week 1...

:devious:

3 of them are likely bust :p

3 of them are likely bust :p

The top 3, yeah :p

Aside from the Jets top 3 draft picks in Dee Millz, Sheldon, and Broadway Geno, I'm looking forward to...

Austin_Feature_Rookie_minicamp_420_310.jpg

I was convinced before the draft that he was going to be the best offensive player taken, including the linemen. He's so explosive and can be utilized in so many different ways. He's going to be really fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

Doubt he plays much his 1st year with how loaded on the DL the Bengals are and how raw he is. I expect big things from him, but not this year.

This is true. With Johnson, Dunlap, and Geathers, Hunt likely won't see much time on the field during his rookie season, but I'm sure the Bengals will insert him in obvious passing down situations and let him loose.

Offensively I'm actually interested in seeing how Terron Armstead will be if he's inserted into the starting lineup for the Saints. Another athletic freak who is raw, but with a high upside.

Ryan Swope & John Simon

I thought Swope would have been a perfect fit/successor for Golden Tate if Tate's resigning becomes a problem. Swope was my favorite prospect in the draft.

John Simon is a prospect that I also greatly admired. I thought he would have been nearly perfect as a Leo end. Size/Speed and outstanding pass rush ability. Exceptionally stout against the run. His arm fighting/spin arsenal is a marvel to watch. And with Carroll's scheme, the Leo operates 1 v. 1 in space.

Seattle passed on both of these players and I'm going to judge the result of this draft based on who they got versus what these two produce.

Kayvon Webster...

Dee Milliner....this is the guy thats going to replace Revis! Thats some mighty big shoes to fill.

iypizp.jpg

Ryan Swope & John Simon

I thought Swope would have been a perfect fit/successor for Golden Tate if Tate's resigning becomes a problem. Swope was my favorite prospect in the draft.

John Simon is a prospect that I also greatly admired. I thought he would have been nearly perfect as a Leo end. Size/Speed and outstanding pass rush ability. Exceptionally stout against the run. His arm fighting/spin arsenal is a marvel to watch. And with Carroll's scheme, the Leo operates 1 v. 1 in space.

Seattle passed on both of these players and I'm going to judge the result of this draft based on who they got versus what these two produce.

Sad to see Swope being held out already for concussion problems again. He didn't have a new one, but he's still having symptoms and effects from the ones last year. I think the kid's a great slot WR, but his brain still isn't healed yet. Best wishes to him and hopefully he sees the field this year.

Kayvon Webster...

Well if we're doing guys from our teams' now.

Denard "Shoelace" Robinson all the way. What an intriguing prospect. Interested to see how he operates as a back even though we saw some in his last two games at Michigan (in which he succeeded, and put up good numbers.) But more than that, the old Kordell Stewart slash role. How many times he's used as a Wildcat option, how they work him at WR too, as well as a KR if he wins that job.

Sheldon Richardson. You can probably guess why.