Sign in to follow this  
Minny

The Rookie You're Most Anticipating?

If we do our own team. I'm interested to see how Banks plays and if he plays nickel or #2 CB. Also Mike James, we need a back up RB and he fits the bill perfectly..

Jarvis Jones. Wonder if he's posed to be the next great LB for the Steelers or a problem.

Jarvis Jones. Wonder if he's posed to be the next great LB for the Steelers or a problem.

This. I wanted the Jets to take him at #13 and now I'm interested just to see how his career pans out.

Pretty much all of the Vikings' first round picks, particularly Cordarelle Patterson.

Pretty much all of the Vikings' first round picks, particularly Cordarelle Patterson.

I already mentioned this but I want to see Xavier Rhodes. From what I saw, I liked him better than Dee Milliner. I want to see Patterson as well but with you guys letting Winfield go, your defense will rely on him heavily compared to a Patterson who will be under Jennings on the depth chart.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

I'm pretty excited about Ertz. It was Chip Kelly who Belichick got the idea of using a lot of TE's to creat mismatches in the passing game. The Eagles are going to use the H-Back and multiple TE's and Ertz looks pretty talented. Lets not forget how much chemistry Vick had with an elite pass catching TE in Crumpler when he was in his prime in Atlanta. Then behind Vick we have a lot of young QB's who always benefit from those easy completions to TE's. I think Ertz is going to eat in that 20-30 yard range. Especially with the Eagles WR's deep speed keep safeties playing deep. Chip Kelly is going to run a lot too so he'll be deadly on play action.

Edited by seanbrock

Rookies from your favorite team are supposed to be excluded.

Although he did limit it to one rookie from another team, and I broke the rule as well, so w/e.

Cordarelle Patterson cause many Pats fans wanted him and cried nonstop when we traded the pick to Minnysota who then picked Patterson. I don't want him to turn into a stud receiver that the Patriots passed up so I'm kind of rooting against him. :)

Other than him Tavon Austin cause I watched him and college and he want ham pretty much every week.

I'm also really interested in some of the guys the Cardinals took, specifically the skill position players. Stepan Taylor, Andre Ellington, and Ryan Swope. Also the Defensive players they took- Kevin Minter, Ty Mathieu, and Alex Okafor. I think that could be a great class.

Sly Williams who could end up being the best DT in this draft. The Denver defense will be interesting while Elway continues to add pieces every year.

Also I want to see Minter at MLB next to Washington in that already tough cardinals defense

Edited by Crash

If I have to pick one, I'm going with E.J. Manuel. I was saying prior to the draft that he could be the best QB in the draft, so with him getting a shot to start right away, I'm pretty intrigued by that. People talk about his accuracy issues, but with his o-line just getting out of the way for defenders, inaccuracy is part of the program. He's got a big arm, he's a big guy, and he's mobile. Good luck E.J.

Honorable mention to Tavon, Mingo, and Dion Jordan. I'm interested to see what they do.

It's too bad that we can't use guys from our favorite teams, because the highest RT ever taken off the board has to be on EVERY Chiefs fan's must see list. :facepalm: What a fucking joke of a pick. The Browns took one of the best LT's in the league, and look where it's gotten them. We took a fucking RIGHT tackle. I'm not mad anymore though. :temper:

If I have to pick one, I'm going with E.J. Manuel. I was saying prior to the draft that he could be the best QB in the draft, so with him getting a shot to start right away, I'm pretty intrigued by that. People talk about his accuracy issues, but with his o-line just getting out of the way for defenders, inaccuracy is part of the program. He's got a big arm, he's a big guy, and he's mobile. Good luck E.J.

Honorable mention to Tavon, Mingo, and Dion Jordan. I'm interested to see what they do.

It's too bad that we can't use guys from our favorite teams, because the highest RT ever taken off the board has to be on EVERY Chiefs fan's must see list. :facepalm: What a fucking joke of a pick. The Browns took one of the best LT's in the league, and look where it's gotten them. We took a fucking RIGHT tackle. I'm not mad anymore though. :temper:

As of right now, it appears E.J Manuel is buried in the depth chart.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000207877/article/ej-manuel-third-qb-in-line-at-buffalo-bills-otas

EJ Manuel third QB in line at Buffalo Bills OTAs

For now, the Buffalo Bills' starting quarterback competition appears to be a two-man race. Tarvaris Jackson and Kevin Kolb evenly split time as the first quarterback through their rotation at Thursday's organized team activity, the team's eighth of the offseason, according to Chris Brown of the team's official website.

Rookie EJ Manuel figures to be a bigger factor in training camp, but for him this offseason is about learning. The Bills' coaching staff has been working on Manuel's footwork and fundamentals. Meanwhile, Kolb and Jackson each are competing to provide the best veteran option to hold down the fort until Manuel is ready.

"I approach the competition like I'm competing against the playbook, I'm competing against that defense, I'm not competing against the other guys in the red jersey," Kolb told the Bills' official website.

There is an assumption that Manuel will play sooner than later because he was the No. 16 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, but he's also a quarterback who will need refinement at the pro level -- something even his biggest supporters admit. We expect either Kolb or Jackson to be the Bills' starter in Week 1, with the winner prevailing in training camp.

We also expect Manuel to be starting by late in the 2013 season -- barring a surprise winning record under new coach Doug Marrone.

As of right now, it appears E.J Manuel is buried in the depth chart.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000207877/article/ej-manuel-third-qb-in-line-at-buffalo-bills-otas

Third behind Kololb and Tavaris Jackson? Yeah, I'd say he's got a shot to start right away.

Third behind Kololb and Tavaris Jackson? Yeah, I'd say he's got a shot to start right away.

I agree, depth chart means almost nothing in OTA's . Manuel is the most talented QB on the roster and they will play through his growing pains and let that young offense grow together

Tyler Eifert and Margus Hunt. But Hunt more so..he is a freak athlete with a great burst and with his size I could see another Michael Johnson off the edge. Plus he blocks kicks. A lot of kicks. Punts, Point Afters, and Field Goals. Had 8 in one year in a college! I'm really looking forward to see what this guy can do. With his age and development level, he may only be a major contributor six to eight years, but those years could be AWESOME to watch. Watch him make a difference in 2013!

I want to see Banks in Tampa because I think he has the potential to be the best CB in this draft, he played a heavy zone scheme in college and the few times he played man he was lock down so the best is yet to come.

Also everyone wants to see Tavon, but I want to see his partner in crime Stedman Bailey who could easily be the best route runner in this class and he put up 25 TDs......

I want to see Banks in Tampa because I think he has the potential to be the best CB in this draft, he played a heavy zone scheme in college and the few times he played man he was lock down so the best is yet to come.

Also everyone wants to see Tavon, but I want to see his partner in crime Stedman Bailey who could easily be the best route runner in this class and he put up 25 TDs......

I'm concerned about Banks' speed and his ability to cover quicker receivers. He got burned pretty badly in OTAs by Chris Owusu (ran a 4.36 at the combine a year or so back). Which is why even though he may end up being our nickel back, I can't see us letting him cover anyone in the slot since they tend to be quicker and shiftier players.

I think Banks will ultimately be best on the outside. He is long and reminds me of Cromartie. He isn't as fast as Cromartie, but in a zone scheme you can play him off to help out and in man he he is strong in press. Really a lot of times rookie DBs getting burned is more about bad technique than anything.

in the league, and look where it's gotten them. We took a fucking RIGHT tackle. I'm not mad anymore though. :temper:

Since we don't have a decent QB and a historically bad FO, all it's yielded us is a solid oline. It wasn't a sexy pick, we could have had AP, but I doubt he would have had a big impact either. Without a QB, you're going to have a bad time.

Darius Slay. His stock went up so quickly that he even got selected before Johnthan Banks. I want to see if he can improve that Lions secondary.

I have to throw Travis Kelce on here. I loved this TE group especially after Ertz and Eifert. Kelce had the best blocking I've seen in a TE in awhile and better than some lineman. He has a MEAN attitude and very very crisp short-med route running. Can't wait to see how he puts it together in KC where the offense should be very versatile.

I went on and on all off season about Christine Micheal. He probably won't get many opportunities this year, more than likely being 3rd in depth or so, but I want to see how he does with what he does get.

THE HONEY BADGER! Who doesn't want to see how this kid plays in the NFL? At one time he was hands down the best defensive back in all of college football.

Dion Jordan is a huge must see for me too. I was set on wanting the Falcons to swoop up and Grab him, never made the move though. I think he could be a great defensive end.

As for the Falcons, I want to see Robert Alford on the field. I know everyone was expecting to see me say Trufant there, but Alford has all the tools to be great. He reminds me a lot of Brent Grimes.

• Upvote 1

Jonathan Bostic

Non ravens...

Deandre Hopkins

Sylvester Williams

Terron armstead

Ej Manuel

Jarvis jones.