Favre4Ever

Elite Member Voting

I found it pretty gay that instead of congratulating Than you instead thought of yourself. Just what I observed.

It wouldn't bother me so much if there wasn't so many people here longer than him. I can understand if he's helping keep the site a float financially. There are just a lot of people who have been here forever who should definitely have been in before him, not just me. I think motmw might have been here longer than I have. The fact that he's in the same class as NaTaS, Sarge, and blots is absurd. All of them predate me. All of them have been mods. Ricky should be elite. He STARTED the radio show and has been a mod forever. I have no issues with Thana personally. I think he's an awesome poster and contributes a lot to TGP, but people who have been here should be the ones who are first to get the elite status.

I don;t even think I should be Elite. Not before Terry and Ricky, even you.

I don;t even think I should be Elite. Not before Terry and Ricky, even you.

I wouldn't have a problem with you being elite but the more senior members should have some sort of privilege imo. If it's a hall of fame status being elite mods should be in too. Like, how is blue or ZoS or RaZor not one of the first members in? It's not a beef with anyone. I think people like you, Phail and Thana should get in. You guys have been awesome, but you should have to wait a little longer.

Edited by seanbrock

I have no issue with any of the members who earned elite status. They're all deserving for their individual contributions, which all together have built this forum to what it is. Not saying that others haven't but those selected are definitely the few who I see on here week in and week out creating interesting discussions, offering different perspectives, and pitching new ideas to keep this place from going stale. And they do it in a constructive way that welcomes others to share their thoughts. Congratulations to those who received the title and to those nominated.

I hope that this new system motivates others to step up because in the end, we all win by having an even more kick-ass community. It only supports the reasons of why I've been here for so many years.

(All of this sounds corny as shit but I don't care. I feel like I'm speaking the truth)

• Upvote 1

That's what it is meant to be though Zack. A kind of Pro Bowl. The members who aren't as active anymore, as AWESOME as they are or used to be, probably don't "deserve" the title. It is supposed to be a Pro Bowl type of thing.

Now with that said, you are absolutely right that everyone will define the term differently. And I, nor the rest of the staff, will censor or edit the elites people vote in.

To be honest Sean, you haven't really been around much lately. I don't mean that in any negative way, we ALL go through our spurts of activity. There's no problem with that. But I am not sure how you can be miffed about not being named an Elite when you haven't really done anything lately to be worthy of said title.

Now, this isn't completely taking away from what you have done previously Sean. This is not a "Lifetime Achievement" award like it used to be. And even better? If you really don't like it, we will be voting again in 3 months -- so get your ass on the site and do something to convince everyone to vote for you at that time. :D

Well I forgot to check back in this thread, just came here and voted, lol. Didn't realize this had blown up like it has.

I appreciate being voted in, it means a lot. TGP is an awesome site, not because of the quantity of people here, but because of the quality. As some of you appear to have discovered in the shoutbox, a lot of Panthers fan sites around the web are ridiculously homeristic. It is nice to have people to talk to, even if they aren't fans of the same team, that also aren't homers.

I hope we continue to have the same quality of people. The number of people doesn't really matter to me.

I did know about elite status before now, and doing it this way will undoubtedly leave some people wondering why someone got in before they did, or whatever. I would be perfectly okay doing what Zack said if there is a large problem with having it at all, (I don't think this is the case).

I think we're all adults here and can deal with someone being voted in ahead of ourselves.

The only thing I would say is the voting for one person thing really really made this difficult to choose my personal votes. But I wasn't voting for people based on the length of their time. I didn't check off a box that said they had been here or whatever. I was voting based on people I enjoyed reading their posts, debating with, or thought they were very knowledgeable on football. Just my two cents.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Ya, voting for one at a time thing... Was supposed to make it harder, so it turned people away form JUST voting for their friend and hopefully turned it into a vote for the most deserving. Can't say we reached that 100%, but overall, I like the group we have. I like the group, the process wasn't nearly as bad after we added multiple rounds, and we might not be making as many changes to it as initially thought.

We'll see though. it might be good to limit the number of nominees somehow... Luckily we have 3 months to figure it out. :D

First and foremost congrats GA! My Eagle brethren.

Now, as far as who deserves to get selected, that decision fell on the people of TGP. The first thing that I asked about this system was what qualifies as an elite member. Naturally, people are going to have different perspectives of what the criteria is. Some people are going to vote based off past accomplishments and contributions (even if they don't anymore), others are going to vote on recent accomplishments and contributions, others are just going to vote for friends. This is just how list like these work. They are never totally unbiased and that's just the way it is. It's best not to get caught up in titles and set aside egos to avoid unnecessary drama because at the end of the day, people's opinions are their own and arguing or getting upset about it won't change anything.

Sooooo... I see that I didn't get chosen. I'm guessing this is because a new, better category is being created for me? It would make sense-- I HAVE been here for over a month (I think...).

Well anyways, let me know when my plaque is ready.

You have a superb football IQ and bring a lot of great stuff to the board. I've been here since '07 and you're definitely one of my favorite TGP posters to read. Keep it up, you'll have your day :D.

You have a superb football IQ and bring a lot of great stuff to the board. I've been here since '07 and you're definitely one of my favorite TGP posters to read. Keep it up, you'll have your day :D.

I WANT RECOGNITION NOW!!!

But really though, those were very nice words and I appreciate it. I enjoy reading what you have to say as well and have found the TGP to be a fun place to converse in general.

Honestly... Even though numerous people have expressed their disappointment, I am very happy that people actually care. Makes me realize that we made the right decision in keeping Elites instead of just scraping them. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Honestly... Even though numerous people have expressed their disappointment, I am very happy that people actually care. Makes me realize that we made the right decision in keeping Elites instead of just scraping them. :yep:

I think DavethePanther's absence kind of invalidates the whole thing.

• Upvote 1

Whoah. I can't believe this exploded again.

Whoah. I can't believe this exploded again.

Yeah, and the TGP pariah wasn't even at the heart of the matter.

Ive been here for about 7 years and i'm here to talk football with such a great community and that's it. I can give a rats ass if my name is red or not. Oh I forgot i'm also here to spam the IP chat with CFL talk to piss BLUE off.

Edited by monstersofthemidway
  • Upvote 1

Sooooo... I see that I didn't get chosen. I'm guessing this is because a new, better category is being created for me? It would make sense-- I HAVE been here for over a month (I think...).

Well anyways, let me know when my plaque is ready.

To be honest, I thought about it. It would have seemed very bias on my part seeing as though I recruited you and voting you in and you haven't even been here a month at that point. Unless you go brain dead by the next election, it wouldn't surprise me to see a scenario where you get voted in.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

To be honest, I thought about it. It would have seemed very bias on my part seeing as though I recruited you and voting you in and you haven't even been here a month at that point. Unless you go brain dead by the next election, it wouldn't surprise me to see a scenario where you get voted in.

I'm glad you didn't. I haven't been here long enough. Thanks for even thinking about it.

First and foremost congrats GA! My Eagle brethren.

Thank you, sir.

That's the inherent problem with this rotation idea; not everyone is going to have the same view of what makes someone Elite for three months.

Some, like Sean, see it the way the old Elite status was, where tenure and legacy are the determining factors, while others chose to vote more on a "what have you done for me lately" basis. Personally, I tried to meld the two and I feel that TGP did a decent job of picking the elites this time around.

I don't feel that it's a slight on anyone that has been around forever not to have been elected. I feel that as we move forward, the people that have cemented their place in TGP legacy will be placed in the Hall of Fame while the Elite status will be more of a Pro Bowl for those that were exemplary members in the previous three months.

Honestly, if there are going to be these many problems with the Elite status, I wouldn't mind seeing it done away with. We're all Elite in some fashion and it'll always be that way.

I agree. This has been a lot of fighting for something that is pretty meaningless.

I am honored some people thought that highly of me. I also dont want to come off as if I am trying to demean the nomination for those who did because I genuinely think all of them are cool dudes.

That said if it is 3 months is it really that special ? No.

And honestly most people who got elected and some that did not does not need an orange highlight for people to realize they are good dudes, it is also probably evident to more people who the tards are.

When I voted I thought it would be like it used too be. The rotating thing seems pretty dumb to me.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

I think there should be an Originals class for all the boys who were here before the rest of us. I mean, hell, I can't forget how easy it was to stay here when I first started because of the established members.

Then it wouldn't be a 3 month thing. Give the people who were here, whose legacies stand tall, constant recognition.