McTater

How many jerseys do you guys have?

I've collected some strange jersey's over the years.

Like most cowboy fans I have a Emmitt Smith away jersey and a Troy Aikman home jersey.

But every time I buy a player who's currently on the team, he gets cut that offseason. For example Marion Barber, Julius Jones,and Roy Williams(Safety).

I also have a Adrian Peterson, LT(Jets), and a Justin Blackmon one.

But in the very back of my closet I have a Jay Cutler and a David Carr(Texans) jerseys. I don't remember how I ended up with a Cutler jersey, but the Carr one is a different story. My great grandma knew I am a cowboys fan, but she lived near houston and was clueless. And thought a 10 dollar "Cowboys" jersey would be a great christmas present.

Anyone have any weird jerseys that you wish you never gotten?

Guest Phailadelphia

A DWare jersey and a KD35 jersey. And they just stay folded up in my dresser. Never worn.

I really don't know how you can call yourself a Dallas Cowboys fan and own a different team's jersey.

Two, and they were terrible investments.

EDIT: Actually I have three, but I was thinking a player's jersey. My two player's jerseys were terrible investments. But I have a baseball jersey that's authentic it just doesn't have a player's name and number. I actually still wear that jersey.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

I really don't know how you can call yourself a Dallas Cowboys fan and own a different team's jersey.

You can't be a fan of a player? Hmm.

Eagles, Donovan McNabb, Green

Eagles, Brian Dawkins, Black

Flyers, Mike Richards, Orange

Flyers, John LeClair, Black

Phillies, Cole Hamels, White

Phillies, Blue (BP)

Edited by SteVo

You can't be a fan of a player? Hmm.

Sure. But you can't see where you don another team's colors gets lost in translation?

"I'm a Cowboys fan! Die hard!" as you're wearing a New York Jets jersey by choice. lol

Eagles, Donovan McNabb, Green

Eagles, Brian Dawkins, Black

Flyers, Mike Richards, Orange

Flyers, John LeClair, Black

Phillies, Cole Hamels, White

Phillies, Blue (BP)

I never played for the Phillies, motherfucker. :mad:

• Upvote 1

Bucs: Tanard Jackson

Bucs: Cato June

Bucs: Brad Johnson

Syracuse: Kris Joseph

Knicks: Amare Stoudemire (got it for a sick deal at a flea market so not too good quality of a jersey)

Yankees: Mariano Rivera

Of course all of my Bucs jerseys ended up being awful purchases (other than Brad Johnson) :facepalm:

I used to collect jerseys at a kid. I'd get them at garage sales for $10 or whatever. All jerseys are the old-style Reebok replicas unless noted.

Packers: Brett Favre

Packers: Ahman Green

Packers: Javon Walker (had the choice of him or Nick Barnett... smh)

Packers: Greg Jennings (authentic Reebok)

Bears: Brian Urlacher (when I was younger and he was younger, I kinda liked him.)

Giants: Michael Strahan

Steelers: Jerome Bettis

Dolphins: Dan Marino

Falcons: Mike Vick

Chargers: Ladainian Tomlinson

I think that is it. It's only football at this point but I'm hoping to expand soon with a Jimmy Butler or Derrick Rose jersey and a Patrick Kane jersey, and possibly Larry Fitzgerald.

Oh, I used to have a Julius Peppers (Carolina) and a Chad Johnson (Cincinnati), but I sold those. Never really liked either of those two players much, but I got them on the cheap.

Edit- And here is a funny story... Aside from players who are already retired at the time I bought the jersey, every single player that I bought their jersey, they either left the team or had an unlucky remainder of their time with the team.

Brett Favre: Retired from the Packers after I bought it

Ahman Green: Injured badly, which started the decline of his career

Javon Walker: Was his rookie training camp when I bought it, he had promise. Then he got hurt week 1 or so and never did anything after that.

Greg Jennings: Got hurt late in the next season and the injury kept him consistently out week after week until he went to Minnesota.

Brian Urlacher: This one actually, nothing bad happened. Though he did keep getting hurt, but it never kept him out of the game until 6 years later, when he retired.

Michael Strahan: Giants won the super bowl and he retired 2 months after I bought his jersey.

Mike Vick: The dog fighting incident occurred the following offseason

Dan Marino: Already retired.

Jerome Bettis: Steelers won the super bowl and he retired.

LT: He retired from being a Charger then came back as a Jet about 1 month after I got this one.

Edited by badgers

Just one: a replica white Fred Taylor

I have:

-a replica green Greg Jennings-don't plan on ever wearing it again

-a replica white Charles Woodson

-authentic green Donald Driver-got it signed by him

-authentic green Brett Favre-signed as well

-replica red Jared Abbrederis

Plan on getting an Aaron Rodgers jersey here soon for the season.

Current players:

Chris Johnson (Oilers throwback b/c the team wore those jerseys for the 50th anniversary of the AFL and that was the year CJ went for 2k)

MIchael Griffin

Former players:

Steve McNair (2; one was a pro bowl jersey I got real cheap)

Vince Young (2; one is the Storm jersey I got as a gift)

Bruce Matthews (has HOF class of 2007 patch)

Eddie George (red alternate the team wore a while ago)

Tank Williams (rather embarrassed about this one, but we've all made bad jersey purchases, got it the season before we let him go then used some tape to turn it into a LenDale White jersey b/c he wore the same number, didn't fare much better)

Keith Bulluck

Jevon Kearse

Other sports:

Nicholas Backstrom

Blank Capitals

Georgetown #3 (no name, purchased as Allen Iverson, I think it was most resently worn by DeJuan Summers)

Blank DC United

next jersey I'm getting is going to be an Otto Porter Wizards jersey

As a Browns fan, I learned real quick to go with customized jerseys... Players come and go around here way to often. I go authentic customized so its a bit expensive but the quality is great. Right now I only have two jerseys. Both Browns obviously, I have the brown and those alternate orange jersey they used for a few years. Both with my name, and the number 0...

• Upvote 1

I have a couple old Bucs jerseys, only one I can remember is Gaines Adams. I had Dwight Howard and Vince Carter Magic jerseys too.

Ultimately, I don't really have any plans to buy another jersey in the near future. A lot of money, only wear it a couple of times a year and then I may as well throw it away when that player leaves the team.

Sure. But you can't see where you don another team's colors gets lost in translation?

"I'm a Cowboys fan! Die hard!" as you're wearing a New York Jets jersey by choice. lol

I get what your saying. I may have only worn it once since I've gotten it.

Mike Williams (Got torn in half :()

Mark Barron (#24)

Kyrie Irving

I also have a Earnest Graham jerseys laying around somewhere.

2 Palmers

Ochocinco

Akili Smith

Green

R. Johnson

Of course all of my Bucs jerseys ended up being awful purchases (other than Brad Johnson) :facepalm:

Jerseys are risky investments. I recently considered getting a LeSean McCoy jersey, but you just never know. Even after the Eagles signed him to a long-term deal, what's to stop him from getting hurt? Much safer just to stick with my Dawkins jersey. :yep:

What I've learned is that if you stick to quarterbacks, receivers, linebackers, or DB's that are young and under long contracts, it will be a solid investment, like all mine have been.

Earl Thomas, current white road jersey, freshly autographed two weeks ago at training camp :rock:

Matt Hasselbeck, Home

Torry Holt, Home

Deion Sanders, Cowboys, Away

Julian Peterson, Home

Just bought a Matt Duchene jersey and don't own any other ones.

The only 49ers players I'd want would be Gore or Willis.

Was really, really into jerseys 10 years ago.

Got two Red Wings jerseys, Lidstrom and Datsyuk. Wanna get a Stevie Y one soon too.

Also got a Patrick Willis jersey, which at the time I thought was a replica (because of the price), but ended up being an official NFL jersey :rock:

All I have is a Seahawks 12th Man Jersey I got for my birthday. (Seahawks home jersey with the number 12 and the word "FAN" instead of a player name.)

I need to get an actual player jersey. Most probably Marshawn Lynch or Richard Sherman

Torry Holt, Home

Hope you got that pre-alignment.

:gatlingun::Rams: