Sign in to follow this  
badgers

Pete Prisco's 2013 Predictions (full season)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete-prisco/23148716/predicting-every-nfl-game-no-perfect-records-but-a-few-surprises

I can't see any precitions (record-wise, that is) that are as laughably bad as last year. Every record seems plausible to me, except for Green Bay (14-2 my ass.. ).

The most comical part is who he's got winning the championship..

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-10

Cue uncontrollable rage from Bucs fans. :smug:

Super Bowl: Bengals 31,Falcons 30.

rQr6J.gif

• Upvote 1

I actually like the Patriots to win it all this year. Everyone seems to be down on them, but the passing game will still work as long as Brady's there. The difference with this NE team is that the defense is slowly turning into a strength (rather than a glaring weakness) and they can run the ball. That's often how teams put themselves over the top in JAN/FEB.

But I do find it odd that he has the Chargers doing 3 games worse than last year, despite how many of our losses in 2012 were close and the improvements we've made to our roster.

Man, Prisco's such a homer.

Big Problems with these records

1. Packers 14-2 (They have a difficult schedule this year and a shaky o-line. Don't see any way they improve by 3 games over last year.)

2. Miami Dolphins 5-11 (The Jets and Bills games should be 4 wins right there. Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller should be in store for breakout seasons.)

3. New York Giants 12-4 (Eli is too inconsistent for the Giants to have this good of a record in the very competitive NFC East.)

4. Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5 (Unproven o-line and limited weapons. The defense should drop off a bit as well.)

5. Detroit Lions 4-12 (They lost a ton of close games last year, and history shows that those close games tend to even out over time. Plus I love the addition of Reggie Bush).

I actually have had the feeling lately it is the Falcons year. But, who the hell knows. I am having more issues this offseason then usual getting a true feel for so many teams so I am really not making official predictions. A lot of question marks out there and a lot to be determined. A lot of new pieces added everywhere, a few aging HOF QBs and a lot of injuries already.

I do like Atlanta though and they have often reminded me of the "old Colts" with Manning and eventually one of these seasons I think they may break through and win it all.

I was not high on Atlanta for several months this offseason and even was looking at the other teams in the division, but lately I am starting to dig them.

I actually do not think that is a terrible SB prediction either. I could easily see one of the big favorites in one conference meeting up with an underdog fringe playoff team in another.

But, if this SB happened give me Atlanta over Cincy even though the dome team would have to win in a cold outdoor environment.

Edited by Jules

5. Detroit Lions 4-12 (They lost a ton of close games last year, and history shows that those close games tend to even out over time. Plus I love the addition of Reggie Bush).

I think the Lions have some good talent. I don't think they are a very smart team though until proven otherwise. I usually expect them or their coach to implode in some way in a lot of games.

Until they gain some maturity and mental toughness I am not sure I see them living up their potential yet.

BWT on a side note, it's not entirely impossible for the Packers to reach 14-2. Not saying they will but having the best QB in the league alone is enough for me to never count them out in any game. Of course often this just works in the regular season...come playoff time the Pack will need more then Aaron. In 2011 they had a bad defense, shaky o line IMO and a shaky run game and basically won off of Rodgers and those receivers I felt.

JMO though.

Edited by Jules

Well that would mean the Giants have to stop the "curse of hosting the Super Bowl" if you believe in it. After the Colts and Saints the last few years I am starting to wonder. :rofl:

Of course maybe the Giants and Jets cancel each other out and there is no doom.

But, I am very iffy about the team hosting the big one. :yep:

We are not going 13-3. I'd say 11-5 is more accurate.

The Giants are NOT going 12-4. That is ridiculous.

lolPrisco

No way do the Bengals go 12-4. Also the Saints will probably be closer to 9 wins than 11. Vikings not getting enough respect either, I can see them cracking .500 this year. 14 wins for the Pack is laughable at best. Not bad on the rest of the predictions though. Hardest division to predict is still the NFC East. That group could go a million different ways at this stage.

rQr6J.gif

Pete giving us a shit record? Shocking. :rolleyes:

Oh, right....rage....

tumblr_mbtyosqhLp1rhu5ybo1_500.gif

1277378257_supporter-rage.gif

Edited by BucD

So the Eagles would be picking 7th overall in this scenario. Only 3 of the teams picking ahead of us would be looking for a QB. If Brandon Weeden improves though he might get another shot, who knows? I wouldn't that at all. The Eagles need to secure a franchise QB. I've pretty much concluded that Michael Vick taking us to the playoffs is pretty much the worst thing that could happen to this team. He will never deliver a championship and if he fucks up our chances at getting a QB who could I'd be pissed. Hopefully Nick Foles can be the guy, idk.

Even from a Bengals fan, this guy is out of his mind thinking we win the super bowl.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Didn't even read his predictions yet, but Prisco is a cock guzzling thundercunt.

Did I read that he's predicting the Bengals beat the Falcons in the Super Bowl?

Didn't even read his predictions yet, but Prisco is a cock guzzling thundercunt.

Did I read that he's predicting the Bengals beat the Falcons in the Super Bowl?

Yes, you read that right.

Edited by BigBen07

Big Problems with these records

1. Packers 14-2 (They have a difficult schedule this year and a shaky o-line. Don't see any way they improve by 3 games over last year.)

2. Miami Dolphins 5-11 (The Jets and Bills games should be 4 wins right there. Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller should be in store for breakout seasons.)

3. New York Giants 12-4 (Eli is too inconsistent for the Giants to have this good of a record in the very competitive NFC East.)

4. Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5 (Unproven o-line and limited weapons. The defense should drop off a bit as well.)

Yea, 4-12 would be a huge disappointment. And this is coming from someone who's used to seeing them choke on themselves every year...

Yea, 4-12 would be a huge disappointment. And this is coming from someone who's used to seeing them choke on themselves every year...

I'd be surprised if Detroit doesn't win at least 7 this year. I feel like this is a team that has a lot of young stars and talent (Stafford, Johnson, Suh, Fairley, Delmas, etc.) with minimal veteran support to mesh the team together. What the team needs is the time to bond and start to work better together. Unfortunately most fans/owners don't take kindly to their teams taking time to get good haha. Which is why it's a must-win season for Schwartz. I think if he wins 9 games this year, he's safe, regardless if Detroit goes to the playoffs or not.

Oh and yeah, most predictions I see this offseason seem to leave the Colts out.

I don't care what anyone says. Homerism or not I am putting Indy in the playoffs and I think we are potentially the dark horse.

Andrew Luck is gonna ball this season. Mark that down.

If we manage to get the run game going this will be a difficult offense to stop.

Defensively I think Pagano will improve them this year now that he has more guys in there that HE wanted to get.

A lot depends on the run game/o line though but this passing game will still put up points.

They may have more guys that Pagano wanted... but are any of them any good? Greg Toler is a depth corner, but he's taking on the number one receivers for you this year. Erik Walden is terrible but he's getting paid like an elite player. Ricky Jean-Francois is another depth guy who benefited from playing with the san fran defense, but he'll be your starter this year. The only signing I'm a fan of is the Aubrayo Franklin pickup, who time and time again shows he's a solid Nose Tackle in this league, and generally the best as a run stopper.

The offense probably isn't a concern, but that defense is a problem waiting to happen. Unless Bjoern Werner turns into Cameron Wake, that defense scares me, and not in a good way.

They may have more guys that Pagano wanted... but are any of them any good? Greg Toler is a depth corner, but he's taking on the number one receivers for you this year. Erik Walden is terrible but he's getting paid like an elite player. Ricky Jean-Francois is another depth guy who benefited from playing with the san fran defense, but he'll be your starter this year. The only signing I'm a fan of is the Aubrayo Franklin pickup, who time and time again shows he's a solid Nose Tackle in this league, and generally the best as a run stopper.

The offense probably isn't a concern, but that defense is a problem waiting to happen. Unless Bjoern Werner turns into Cameron Wake, that defense scares me, and not in a good way.

I guess we'll find out...soon enough.

Vontae Davis is our #1 CB though.

I don't expect us to be a "great" defense though. And honestly in today's NFL I am not even sure there are that many defenses I do consider "great" with the passing games out there and the rules to favor them. I think you just need to at times be "good enough" and not beat yourself when it matters.....

I am trained as a Colts fan to usually not worry about the offense and be concerned about the defense full time. But, honestly my biggest concerns for this team still lie in the offensive line/run game inconsistencies which continue to be a problem until they show long term stability.

I might be over enthusiastic and delusional though but that is the norm for me.

We'll see I guess. Of course none of this will probably matter after we play the Seahawks and half our team goes down for the season.

edit: I don't think they are finished yet though. I think it might take another offseason. We still have a few more holes realistically.

Edited by Jules

My full season review has SEA beating NE in the superbowl. And DET 8-8... I'm hard on us.

Edit to include 9-7 Colts, missing the playoffs to the AFC North (3 teams got in) It was a real shitty nailbiter WC loss to PIT in my guess season. Felt they deserved a mention in their topic. :)

Edited by the Lions fan