Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Browns, 49ers have "discussed" Josh Gordon trade

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns and 49ers have "discussed" a Josh Gordon trade, but that a deal is "unlikely."
Per Schefter, a deal is unlikely because Mario Manningham (knee) and Michael Crabtree (Achilles) are getting closer to returning, but we seriously doubt that would stand in the way of a trade if the 49ers were serious about acquiring one of the game's best young receivers. Cleveland's asking price and Gordon's off-the-field issues are the likely stumbling blocks. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Browns would like a second-round pick in return. Gordon's talent is worth a first-rounder, but that's not all that goes into the equation. If it were, the odds would be extremely low the Niners could find a player as good in the first round of next May's draft. Oct 7 - 4:11 PM

Wow, only a 2nd round pick for Josh Gordon. That would be a steal for the 49ers in my opinion.

The Browns may have been on to something trading away Trent but they would be stupid to trade away Josh Gordon.

Edited by dutchff7

I'd be even more pissed than when we traded Trent...

At this point getting a first for Trent Richardson looks like a stroke of genius :shrug: I think trading Gordon would be a mistake though. Josh Gordon is only a WR. He won't prevent them from getting a franchise QB. I think having a good TE and WR for a young QB to work with and a franchise C and LT is pretty important. The Browns aren't far from being a good, competitive team. Hell, with their defense they're competitive now.

• Upvote 2

The Browns became a good team the instant Josh Gordon came back. Can't trade him. Even Little is starting to make plays.

Why they hell do they continue to shop him? The team is playing decent and he is part of that reason. They need to ship Greg Little outta town.

Yeah, glad everyone's on the same page here. They'd be crazy. I understand they're not digging his off the field stuff and the whole one more infraction and he's suspended a year but still... One of those websites like FO or something did the homework and a 2nd round pick has a 1/5 chance of being a player of Gordon's caliber. I'd say holding on to Gordon outweighs the risk. Or you could just take the pick and likely draft another Greg Little :rofl:

It just seems like the Front Office hates him off the field. I remember before he played his first game after being suspended this year some tweet about Banner wanting him gone no matter what.

I would do this in a heartbeat... And wouldn't even mind the Packers getting on the phone with our WR corps. We usually look for WR in the 2nd round anyway... Why not use it on a guy this young who already dominates NFL DBs instead of risking it by using the choice on a guy who may or may not pan out?

I mean.. I am one of those advocates of not taking WRs super high and feel like WR is one of the easier positions to fill and that the position is (relatively) not nearly as important. However... with this kind of value? Sign me up! Ha.

I would really... REALLY... hate to see him in San Fran though. Trade him to somebody else, Cleveland.

He can come to Denver, we could use more weapons. >_>

FUCK ALL YALL.

• Upvote 1

I'd be even more pissed than when we traded Trent...

At this point getting a first for Trent Richardson looks like a stroke of genius :shrug: I think trading Gordon would be a mistake though. Josh Gordon is only a WR. He won't prevent them from getting a franchise QB. I think having a good TE and WR for a young QB to work with and a franchise C and LT is pretty important. The Browns aren't far from being a good, competitive team. Hell, with their defense they're competitive now.

Oh, I know. I am saying at the time though, I wasn't happy. Now I am more than fine with it. Heck I was fine with it after a couple of days even before he played his first game for the colts. I guess I could have been more clear that I am no longer mad about that.

49ers: Hey Mike, we'll give you a first rounder for Josh Gordon.

Browns: How about a second instead?

49ers: Um... sure?

49ers: Hey Mike, we'll give you a first rounder for Josh Gordon.

Browns: How about a second instead?

49ers: Um... sure?

He's always outsmarting people aint he?

he could come to KC and complete our set of bookend decoys. He and Dwayne Bowe could be the most talented one-two punch to rarely land in the game today.

I agree with Campin... if they do end up trading him, then I have to assume that it's because they don't trust him off the field.

Please make this happen. We'll have an extra second rounder anyway, thanks to the Chiefs being on pace to win 8 games easily :smug:

Rumor has it (unsure of the credibility of the source) that the Browns are asking for a 1st rounder (2014) and a conditional 3rd (2015) from a contending team depending on how well he would play and the team. From a "non-contender" asking for a a 2nd (2014) and a 3rd (2014, I'm unsure if this would be conditional or not). So basically they are looking to get a late first or early second and a 3rd rounder, with the possibility of it being a late 2nd in 2015.

Dunno, think the Pats would be better off trying to dump Brady.

Browns shouldn't trade him but honestly I don't care, with Gordon out of AFCN, Ike Taylor will have an easy job against Browns.

The only good reason the Browns have to trade him is the drug issue, one suspension and he is toast.

The only good reason the Browns have to trade him is the drug issue, one suspension and he is toast.

I think that's the only reason that they are even considering it. I just dont want to trade a potential pro-bowl WR even with that being a concern. Now if we trade him and he gets busted again we look like geniuses. If not, we probably look pretty stupid.