Dutch

If you weren't a fan of your team...

If you weren't a fan of your team, what team in the NFL would have your fan hood?

:Colts: For me, it would be the Colts. The reason why is because how I've always gravitated towards that team because they had one of my favorite players of all time; my favorite receiver of all time which is Marvin Harrison. I use to love watching him play and tried to emulate him when I played football. Now, they have Andrew Luck which I am extremely high on. I love the potential of this team and think they have some great years ahead of them. I'll root for the Colts whenever they aren't playing the Eagles.

:Raiders: It's just something about that Black and Silver. In another life, I think I could have been a Raiders fan. Their fan base is hardcore and very passionate. They are also crazy in a very similar fashion like Philly fans; like a home away from home. I like their franchise / organization and they have some great history there.

However though,

eagles_i_bleed_green_light_tshirt.jpg?co

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

If I weren't a Seahawks fan I'd probably be a Vikings fan. The reasons are twofold. A) I'm a sucker for underdogs, and B) My family is of Norwegian descent.

If I wasn't a Packers fan, I'd probably be a Miami Dolphins fan because I like their uniforms. :)

easily the Redskins, I'm from Virginia and my dad and brother are both huge Skins fans and I root for DC teams in every other sport

Edited by oochymp

Ravens or Steelers. I'm all about grit, trenches, killing quarterbacks, and runningbacks that put LB's on their asses. Luckily the Seahawks have molded their identity into that and I don't have to dream as much anymore. Just need to follow it all up with a ring.

Edited by BC

:Bears:

Best uniforms in the League and would keep up with my tradition of B teams (Browns, Braves, Buckeyes) and the mascot of my high school was the Bears but that doesn't really factor in they're just cool.

Edited by Tridentdawgpound
  • Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Probably the Chiefs. I lived in Missouri for a few years and they were the first team I saw live.

probably the jags .................. :yao:

For me no doubt hands down the Steelers.

As much as I HATE the Bears, i'd probably be a fan of theirs if I wasn't a Lions fan. I was born like 30 minutes away from Chicago.

Its a love/hate thing...

The Bears. From the Chicago area and even though I want them to lose every game they play in I'm not necessarily a die-hard Bears hater and it doesn't piss me off greatly when they win. I've grown up learning to just deal with it. I've actually found myself cheering for Chicago (rarely, though) when I'm watching their games, and I've always been a big Urlacher fan.

Edit- Dmac we posted at the same time: where were you born? Cuz I lived 30-40 mins away from Chicago my entire life.

Edited by badgers

Broncos. I like all their other sports teams anyway.

I've actually found myself cheering for Chicago

-snip-

Haha... yeah that's why I said rarely. If the Bears have already been eliminated from playoff contention, and they are playing a team who is either definitely in or definitely out that is not the Packers, I will sometimes cheer for them. I will almost always cheer for Chicago over Minnesota, unless the Vikings are in position to either eliminate Chicago from playoff contention (when they are definitely in or out) or in position to improve Green Bay's standing in the division by defeating Chicago.

It's a complicated scenario. haha. Why I said rarely.

It'd either be the Jets or the Packers. I chose my fanhood on an AFC Championship game where the Broncos beat the Jets. if the Jets won I might be a fan of them. I've always always liked watching the Packers and might have considered being a fan of them, if only I didn't hate Jeff Favre so much.

The Bears. From the Chicago area and even though I want them to lose every game they play in I'm not necessarily a die-hard Bears hater and it doesn't piss me off greatly when they win. I've grown up learning to just deal with it. I've actually found myself cheering for Chicago (rarely, though) when I'm watching their games, and I've always been a big Urlacher fan.

Edit- Dmac we posted at the same time: where were you born? Cuz I lived 30-40 mins away from Chicago my entire life.

Twas born in Evanston. I like to tell people who are from Chicago that I was born in Chicago just cause for whatever reason, it ruffles their feathers for someone not really from Chicago to claim to be from Chicago.

If i was born into a team, my Dad side is all :Saints: . Moms side is all :Steelers:

If i had to choose freely it would be between :Falcons: or :panthers:

Both unis are tight and that is a factor on who is my team. If the jerseys are ugly then i couldnt support em.

:Browns:

I'd probably be a Browns fan considering my entire family is basically from Cleveland, Ohio and there's a lot of die-hard Browns fans in the family.

:Steelers:

The Steelers would have been another option. My grandpa has been a fan of theirs since practically the '50s/'60s. He's a Uniontown native and he has plenty interesting stories of their glory days in the '70s that I never get tired of listening to.

I guess Pittsburgh. I'm a sucker for nasty defense.

Packers for me.

No real reason that I can think of...I've just always said that if I wasn't a Bucs fan that I would be a Packers fan... :shrug:

It'd probably be the Eagles lol. Since I live about an hour from Philly. Although I did live in Jersey til I was 12 so could be the Giants/Jets, but from a maturity standpoint I wasn't really "into" football at the time besides watching with my family.

You don't have to support your local team and that mindset is rather ignorant (we've had a thread about it where my thoughts are posted), but it certainly makes it easier so I'd probably be supporting the iggles.

Probably the Redskins, my dad and his family have a history cheering for them. My granddad was in the Redskins band as a young man. I became a Bucs fan because of me being born in the Tampa Bay area and falling in love with the core of guys who won a Super Bowl, but if they never existed, I likely would've followed my dad in Skins fanhood. But since the Bucs do exist, I honestly hate the Redskins lol.

:Giants:

My dad is a season ticket holder and I would have went to a shit ton of games when I was younger.

Still should have. Live football son :yep: