Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Voice Mail From Incognito to Martin Unearthed

ESPN reported Sunday that guard Richie Incognito convinced Martin to contribute $15,000 to help finance a trip to Las Vegas, even though Martin didn't go on the trip. Other reported instances of intimidation reportedly are captured on voicemails and texts.

Incognito took exception to the reporting.

The Dolphins could be answering questions on multiple fronts. Adam Beasley of The Miami Herald reports that a young defensive player has gone broke because of pressure to pay for older players. The veterans are using the younger players as "an ATM," according to Beasley.

Dolphins veteran Jared Odrick and rookie cornerback Will Davis both tweeted about a $30,000 dinner tab on rookie night Friday. However, Davis said Sunday, per The Miami Herald, that the bill was split. The minimum salary for rookies is $390,000.

NFL.com

Edited by Favre4Ever

Yup. I wonder who the other players are. He called out Schefter on twitter, getting super defensive. Apparently Martin told Coach Joe Philbin about the issues in spring training and they thought they had come to a resolution. And Martin has yet to formally file a complaint because he is afraid of Cognito getting revenge if he were to return to the team.

Incognito has been a scumbag since college, he was kicked off 2 teams basically. Nebraska let him go and then Oregon gave him a shot and cut him before he even played 1 game for them. He was a douche for the Rams and no better for the Fins. This guy ran outta chances long ago.

How hard is it to just bust this guy's face in practice, one time? There has to be a collection of guys who can do it, and if Incognito is as big of an asshat as he sounds like, I highly doubt the veterans would come to his aid. You gotta put people in their place when you're being bullied and/or extorted. The "proper authorities" can only do so much. While i applaud Martin for his actions, because apparently he needed some psychiatric treatment, as well, I have to think that somebody isn't too scared to knock out a few of Richie Incognito's teeth.

• Upvote 1

Apparently they were too afraid though. Seems like there aren't too many leaders on this Dolphins team and way too many cronnies willing to follow those who set a really horrible example set by a few. I highly doubt Incognito is the only villain here, but who knows...

How hard is it to just bust this guy's face in practice, one time? There has to be a collection of guys who can do it, and if Incognito is as big of an asshat as he sounds like, I highly doubt the veterans would come to his aid. You gotta put people in their place when you're being bullied and/or extorted. The "proper authorities" can only do so much. While i applaud Martin for his actions, because apparently he needed some psychiatric treatment, as well, I have to think that somebody isn't too scared to knock out a few of Richie Incognito's teeth.

Yeah and it's football. Fights happen in practice. What's the worst that could happen? You get your ass handed to you? Getting your ass beat isn't that bad. Most of us who have been in a few fights have lost some or at least know what it's like to have a busted lip or a black eye. Not a big deal. At the end of the day you earn respect for sticking up for yourself. Russel Martin is a big dude too. It's not like it was a DB getting picked on by a linemen.Martin was being a big pussy.

The Dolphins have indefinitely suspended LG Richie Incognito as the league investigates his alleged treatment of teammate Jonathan Martin.

Incognito himself confirmed the suspension to NFL.com and FOX Sports. It's a sign the team is taking Martin's allegations seriously, and potentially leaves the Dolphins without two starting linemen for Week 10. At this point, we're likely to see Martin back before Incognito, whose history of off-the-field issues and on-the-field shenanigans is working against him.

Incognito is done in the NFL. I can't imagine anyone wanting him.

The threatening voicemail Richie Incognito left for Jonathan Martin has been revealed and heard by both the Dolphins and the NFL.

ESPN's Adam Schefter has the vile quotes from April. "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive). I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter). (Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you." Jonathan Martin has left the team and Incognito has been suspended indefinitely. According to Schefter, this type of abuse was not an isolated incident. Martin also has text messages from Incognito.

One NFL personnel man told USA Today's Tom Pelissero that Richie Incognito's career is likely over.

Incognito bullied Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin to the point that he essentially had a mental meltdown and left the team. "Lol," the personnel man replied when asked by Pelissero whether Incognito will be claimed off waivers. "I think he can file his retirement papers." Incognito graded out as a top-13 guard in Pro Football Focus' ratings, so his loss is a concern on the field.

Wow. I'd be afraid of a guy who says he would shit in my mouth with a straight face. =O

Richard Incognito= Dick in Disguise.

HOW DID THEY NOT SEE THIS!

• Upvote 2

Lmao, anyone see the PSA Incognito did for the Dolphins asking fans to be respectful and "civilized"? :rofl:

While this is just proves that Incognito is a major douche (although we knew this already)... What does it say about the Dolphins locker room? You are supposed to be brothers.... family... Yet nobody was willing to stand up against this douche? Serious lack of leadership in that locker room. Dolphins aren't winning anything anytime soon until they address that issue.

While this is just proves that Incognito is a major douche (although we knew this already)... What does it say about the Dolphins locker room? You are supposed to be brothers.... family... Yet nobody was willing to stand up against this douche? Serious lack of leadership in that locker room. Dolphins aren't winning anything anytime soon until they address that issue.

I was about to mention that. Going even further, what does it say about the coaching staff's leadership that this was allowed to happen?

All the Dolphins veterans are acting like nothing even happened. What a bunch of asshats. Support your teammate.

I don't think Martin plays for Miami again. Someone will take him though.

:yao: His career shouldve been over years ago.

The coaching staff must have no backbone to allow this to continue to go on, after they already knew about it months ago. Philbin seems like a guy who doesn't deal with conflict well.

Ya, unfortunately for Philbin he hasn't proven to handle diversity all that well in his young career (as a head coach, anyway).

How's this... Philbin created the Dolphins "leadership council" to quell things exactly like this back after Chad Ocho Cinco was cut and there was some rumblings amongst vets about how poorly it was handled...

The three players appointed to that council? Jake Long, Reggie Bush, and Karlos Dansby.

None of those players are on the current roster. I am not sure if the council is still alive or who is on it if it is... But what a complete lack of control from the top down. And like I said earlier, even with the failings of Philbin and his staff.... You have to be disappointed in those other players. I know we don't have the full story yet, so I want to be careful as to what I say... but it doesn't appear a single one came to Martin's defense. How disgusting...

If I was Martin, I wouldn't want to go back to the Dolphins either. Even with Incognito seemingly playing his last snap as a Phin... Those guys in the locker room weren't there for you. They didn't have your back, and essentially enabled Incognito to reign terror over you.

He's got 2 years lef ton his rookie deal and hasn't really played well... So I don't know how he would be dealt with or where he would go, but... How unfortunate.

I am not saying they should handle football like they do in the Army. I do remember vividly one time though in Basic training this guy kept fucking with this kid and we would all have to do pushups for this asshole. Then one night about thirty dudes took socks with soap, belts with the buckles out, razors, mop handles, combination locks and beat the kid within an inch of his life. He got recycled, and medically discharged with several injuries the least of which was a fractured orbital socket on both sides of his head, several missing teeth, broken fingers, a broken ankle, a broken nose, and a broken jaw.

It sound to me like people should have waited until they got in the locker room and caved this mans head in with their helmets being swung like a club. I think the other lineman on the team would do a fairly efficient job of fucking this prick up.

But thats assault and you can go to jail for that.

But thats assault and you can go to jail for that.

Very true, but it would not be the first time money has bought an NFL player out of trouble. Say he slipped coming out of the shower or something. It is not what he alledges but what he can prove. If nobody rolls then it would make thing tough enough to where money would probably get it dropped.

I am sure there is a peaceful resolution, but fuck that....seriously fuck that.

I think we got a peaceful resolution. No fighting happened and Incognito is done.