BwareDWare94

Confession Thread

The Net Force series was pretty good. But then, I only read three of them (been meaning to read more of them, but it seems I'm more interested in talking about reading things than actually reading them)

I hate reading. So much. Soooooo much. I just... It's really just the worst thing in the world. It's worst then all the bad things out there combined. And knowing I'll have to do this for the rest of my life makes me cry.

Neggers can get to negging, reading still and forever sucks. >_>

• Upvote 2

Wind freaks me out. When I start hearing it pick up outside I have paranoia that it's going to be so strong that it blows a window off or that it causes something to crash down on my house.

• Upvote 1

Fuck it, I'll say this here:

I've dealt with social anxiety and clinical depression for most of my life and it's never been worse than it is right now. Big reason why I've been so "emo" around here recently. My escapes (Sports and video games) aren't doing much to help me escape.

Fuck it, I'll say this here:

I've dealt with social anxiety and clinical depression for most of my life and it's never been worse than it is right now. Big reason why I've been so "emo" around here recently. My escapes (Sports and video games) aren't doing much to help me escape.

Did your "escapes" used to do something to help you escape? If they did, what's changed recently?

Did your "escapes" used to do something to help you escape? If they did, what's changed recently?

Yeah, they did. They were things I could do for hours on end to forget all my shortcomings. I think the changes are twofold: Being away at school for the first time and just general frustration. I don't wanna say they're starting to bore me, but recently I'll be watching a game (usually on Saturday) and think "Fuck I wish I could go do something else" and that's where social anxiety comes in. I want friends but suck ass at making them.

All of this stuff brings back all my insecurities. So there's this girl who I've mentioned a few times in the shoutbox. Absolutely gorgeous, down to earth, all that jazz. I'll never have her though. Why? My own insecurities keep me from even holding a conversation with her when I do see her. Fuck.

I've always been the type who always cracks jokes and has a carefree attitude in person because I'm trying to mask all this shit. I haven't told this to anyone who's actually in my life (IE my immediate family and that's pretty much it). But never at any point has it been this bad before. Ever.

The main advice I can give you is to stay patient, stay as positive as possible, and to create a routine and stick to it. If you need support, you've got a ton of friends here.

Cannot emphasize this enough Trident. Take it from someone who's been through too much shit that's taken its toll on me physically, mentally, and emotionally over the years. It's taken 9 years (long time I know) for me to get to this great point in my life after having to go through numerous physical and emotional struggles (pretty much from junior year of HS until this year and Bay knows a lot of what I'm talking about), but believe it or not Zack's advice is exactly what I did as well to improve myself as a person and finally be at a point where I'm truly happy with things. I'm almost certain life will reward you for your patience and positivity like it has me when the time is right, just keep your head up and keep trucking forward. The tough times aren't forever-lasting, they only make you stronger mentally in the end when you're able to figure out how to conquer them. With everything I've been through, I made it out alive and now I feel like nothing will be able to bring me down because I'm way too strong a person to let that happen because I have the most important person in my life and she gives me tremendous inner-strength.

No matter what do not give up, I was at the breaking point too many times to count during that 9-year stretch and knew I'd be letting down the people who cared about me if I resorted to doing something drastic due to how awful my emotional state was at the time. When I think about it I really should be dead and buried (3 near-death experiences from 2006-2012 before I was even 25), but I feel like I was kept around to end up together with the girl I'm with now who I'm going to marry in the near future and start a family. My girlfriend and I are very much alike having gone through a lot of the same physical and emotional struggles and have a chemistry that generally takes a long time to develop (been together a little less than a month even though we had been talking since last June), so we are perfect for each other. And no doubt that you'll eventually find someone like that for you, you're very young and when the right girl comes along you will know it immediately. Like Stevo said you've got us here at TGP as an outlet for support, which is important because sometimes it's hard to open up to those who are close to you.

• Upvote 2

Wind freaks me out. When I start hearing it pick up outside I have paranoia that it's going to be so strong that it blows a window off or that it causes something to crash down on my house.

Same! So much that I recently switched rooms in my house out of fear that a tree from the woods behind my house would fall directly on my room. It's weird though, I never really thought or minded it for years. Sort of Inception-like once it was in my mind that I was probably within striking distance of a giant oak, I became paranoid about it if it was windy haha.Tornadoes are also my biggest fear.

• Upvote 1

Trident, I also have social anxiety so I know how shitty it is. Mine didn't develop until a few years ago, so I'm kind of lucky in that fact that I had friends and people to go to before I had to deal with this. It sucks being so anxious when you're in public and having no confidence, especially when you really have no control over it. It's just the way your mind is thinking and it is processing automatic negative thoughts through your brain that is determining the way you act and feel. The good thing is that you can get over Social Anxiety and get on to a better life through therapy. Check out the link below, I actually just bought the Disks, and started last week. Not sure if you have the money for this, but I would highly recommend it. If not, there's a lot of information on the website that I suggest you read and could help you out. Getting over your social anxiety will really help you out, and will lower your depression as well. If you need any help or want to talk more about it, shoot me a PM. Having Social Anxiety is an awful feeling and no one should go through it.

https://socialanxietyinstitute.org

• Upvote 1

Kinda feel like social anxiety isn't really a disease, its just you're thinking you have to meet someone's or even the world's expectations of a desirable person. You've got what it takes, and don't have to put yourself through being anybody's idea of anything. If you're struggling with buying into that mindset, then become someone who isn't picky about who you talk to and take genuine interest about what someone is about. This will help eliminate the illusion that nobody else out there cares either.

This all sounds like pretty normal stuff. Everyone always goes into transitions expecting the easiest most fun transition. Especially the going off to college thing. You're not the anomaly you think you are. Pretty insecure age for people in general across the board.

Edited by BC

True Confession times... It's Nanowrimo, so the next chapter of The Exiled World is currently in progress.

• Upvote 1

I know not everyone enjoys these sappy inspirational clips, but I still think they provide an important foundation. At one time or another, even the most confident people doubt themselves. Why should I be able to achieve greatness? What makes me special? Can I really do this even if I really want to? The realization becomes... yes, I am special. I can achieve that which I desire most.

It often happens that the hardest part of finding happiness is knowing what you truly want. Once you find out, the rest isn't so hard. So my advice to you is to figure out what it is that you most desire in life, and then go get it. You won't be able to do it all in one day. It may take weeks, months, maybe even years if it is something truly worthwhile to you. But the journey you will take to find it will change you, it will inspire you, and it will give you confidence. And then, everything else will fall into place.

Great things come from humble beginnings. You must start somewhere. Maybe your beginning is to realize that we are all just ordinary people in search of happiness in whatever way that makes the most sense to us in this life. And now it is your turn to join us. Today is the first day of your life. Enjoy it. Make the best of it.

This is what makes TGP such a special place. So many members feel comfortable opening up and sharing shit in this community. We bust balls but I can say that most of us truly care about one another for the most part lol.

As far as women go, you just have to keep in mind that they might be more attractive than you but chances are good you're smarter, funnier and more charming than they are because they don't really have to be any of those things to make it in life and get dick. A woman has the advantage of being a total fucking loser and still being able to find a man who is a winner.

As long as you shower, and in general make sure you don't smell bad or something or are wearing dirty clothes etc 10-1 you're a better and more interesting person than her, she just has tits and a pussy. If you can remember that, women won't scare you because you'll know you're worth more than they are most likely anyway as a person. Think about how many funny women you know vs. how many funny guys you know. Think about the people in your classes. What's the smart women to men ratio? You ever have to have a deep or intellectual conversation with a woman? Not all women are dumb or unfunny, but if you can find one who isn't, that's real keeper gf status.

Just love yourself, know what you bring to the table and exude it. A lot of the dudes on here that have lady troubles are smart, funny people who can carry conversations. Are pretty interesting etc. Don't try to be somebody else, that's too hard to realistically keep up and you don't need to lol. Just make sure that you look like you give a fuck about yourself and never fucking apologize. If she doesn't like what you have to say who the fuck cares? lol I mean, I guess if you do something really fucked up it's ok, but in general it's a no no.

Oh, and a few other things I wanted to hit on that I didn't before...

When Zack mentioned patience, be sure to have it in spades.... As I mentioned, I've been working on my own changes for YEARS now. Ya, there I things I did or could have done that would have sped things up a bit. But on the same token, I kind of like continually changing and continually having something to work at. Regardless, everything won't happen all at once. It's something you have to work at. This is about continually bettering yourself, not becoming a new person over night.

Also, this may not help AT ALL... I may be the only person in the world this helps, so take it for what it's worth. But when I was changing my eating habits. As a fatty, you of course feel like you need to eat all the time (or I did, anyway). And when I was depressed, I ate more... Something that helped me cut back on those cravings or my body pretending like it needed more food when I knew it didn't... Was actually picking up a new habit. I started chewing gum A LOT. For some reason, that really made a lot of the cravings and feeling like I was hungry go away or subside. Hard candies that take a while to get through helped too. I don't chew gum as much anymore because I think I mostly have it under control... but I always have jolly ranchers and werthers around, sometimes carrying them in my pocket.

What I found at my fattest, was that so often my body or brain would tell me to eat when I didn't need or sometimes even want to. I think there is something with keeping your mouth busy, almost mimicking the chewing motion with gum or hard candies that helped with that. Science or psychology or some shit, I don't know. Lol.

I think Taylor Swift has loads of potential as a singer/songwriter, and that some of her music is already great, considering her age when much of it was released.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I use to have social anxiety really bad. It got to the point in HS where I wouldn't give speeches in front of my peers, I would just take the F and move on.

At work people though I was just some quiet kid who was too good for them. But in reality, I wanted to talk to them but was just scared that I would say something stupid that would offend them. Being moved to 3rd shift has really helped me come out my shell, I love the people I work with and I feel I can be myself around them.

I've learned its best to just say fuck it and not worry about what people think. Growing older has helped I suppose because most adults are less judgemental then kids in school.

Yeah. Maturing makes us think less and less about peoples' reactions. You eventually realize that most of the time, 100% of those surrounding you are irrelevant to your life, so you just go for it.

I would never recommend this to someone who has never taken substances or is anti-drugs but if I'm gonna be honest psychedelics really did improve my anxiety issues that arose from ages 20-23. It sounds retarded, sounds like hippy bullshit, sounds like druggie talk but it honestly did. The reason being that anxiety is ego based. One thing psychedelics can do is detach yourself from your ego — quickly. This can be reached without drugs by other means like meditation and such but that takes much more work and practice. Once you step out of your own shoes you can look at yourself objectively, as well as the outside world objectively without the lens of your ego in the way.

What that meant for me was just realizing how ridiculous I was for taking the world and everything in general so serious. The funny part too is after this experience I actually stopped partying so much. Because I saw how much of a crutch my self medication was. A lot of my then-current friends I was only friends with because they had access to drugs and or/parties. I saw how much of a leech I was. It really gave me a big picture view of what really mattered, how silly us dumb little humans are and basically where I needed to improve. Since then I've had a much easier time in general with everything. I didn't become enlightened or anything. I didn't reach some apex of the mountain of life, but I did gain some insight on things that a puberty's worth of ego construction had clouded a bit. It honestly was like a bit of a restart button in terms of how I viewed the world, I view it much more playfully now. Less insidious.

Not recommending anything here, just sharing some life experience.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

I take this energy/fat burning pill that also seems to have calm me down in a way. Sometimes my mouth keeps going before my brain is ready though, so I end up saying stupid shit :yao: