Sign in to follow this  
Eefluxx

Patriots Accused Of Deflating Footballs

It's refreshing to see a Patriots fan say that Lord Brady should be punished. However, what would the point of deflating them be if it wasn't easier for him to grip or whatever?

I think he thinks it helps him play better. Or it could actually help him to grip it a tad better, but really, in the grand scheme of who wins and loses, does that make any negligible difference? To me there's so many more factors in a game than just a miniscule advantage in the grip when throwing the ball. I really don't think it helps with fumbling either, we put the ball on the ground 3 times in the Ravens playoff game (only twice technically, I'm counting the one where Vereen fumbled it on the last drive and I almost died but it got reversed I believe). Brady's performance in the 2nd half of the Colts game and the SB is pretty good evidence that the effect of the 1.18 PSI difference is little to none.

Now, I'm definitely not saying you shouldn't be angry about it and want punishment, cause I know I would if another team was doing this, it's against the rules and shady af. I'm fine with Brady getting suspended a game. But this doesn't tarnish anything this Pats team accomplished this season. We won cause we were the best team in 3 playoff games and we deserved it.

I think it's time to fine the organization an unprecedented amount. Much like Donald Sterling's fine in the NBA, it's time to dock Robert Kraft a huge sum of money so that this shit stops.

That, or go the Sean Payton route and suspend the shit out of Bill Belichick.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I think it's time to fine the organization an unprecedented amount. Much like Donald Sterling's fine in the NBA, it's time to dock Robert Kraft a huge sum of money so that this shit stops.

That, or go the Sean Payton route and suspend the shit out of Bill Belichick.

Why the need to be so overdramatic, Bware? lol.

Why the need to be so overdramatic, Bware? lol.

Because your goddamn dirty organization has been fucking cheating and deserves to be legitimately punished for it.

Man now it's gonna be really awful when we lose to New England in week 2

Because your goddamn dirty organization has been fucking cheating and deserves to be legitimately punished for it.

Pretty sure Bill and Kraft were shown to have done nothing wrong and were unaware of the situation. Fine Tom and change the rules. You don't have to demolish a team for some underinflated fucking footballs.

I'm way more disappointed and upset that Tom Brady denied everything in the way he did, trying carefully to leave room for him to wiggle out of his comments. I don't personally care much about the actual act as it has been said and confirmed many times that pushing every limit of the rules is a common practice and Brady just happened to be the one caught in this department of game ball preparation.

People's opinions are gonna come directly from what they feel about Tom Brady and the Patriots as a whole. Separating the personal feelings from the case I think it is fair that Brady receives some type of punishment for his involvement.

With that being said the punishment should not be anything severe because as it has been pointed out by most media and analyst....and easy for any fan to read...the report has no overwhelmingly incriminating evidence or conclusions. Despite what can be interpreted by the text and other evidence, the actual facts are lacking and the summary from Wells himself is "more probable than not". On those basis it will be very hard for the league to justify a large suspension after Brady appeals his punishment (because the NFL will probably hit him hard to make a statement)

Edited by butta55

just for some background, the "more probable than not" standard is basically the preponderance of the evidence standard, which is the rule in most civil cases

Probably it's mostly a psychological thing to be honest, but maybe not idk. A lot of athletes are supersticious. I can't stand Brady but that's what I'd chalk this up to.

Pretty sure Bill and Kraft were shown to have done nothing wrong and were unaware of the situation. Fine Tom and change the rules. You don't have to demolish a team for some underinflated fucking footballs.

Sean Payton also claimed ignorance in the Saints bounty scandal, and he still had to sit out for an entire year. Why should Belichick receive any special treatment given his exact same ignorance alibi?

Sean Payton also claimed ignorance in the Saints bounty scandal, and he still had to sit out for an entire year. Why should Belichick receive any special treatment given his exact same ignorance alibi?

IMO Payton punishment was too heavy-handed anyways. Also a major difference between targeting players to injure for money and your QB pumping the balls how he wants them.

IMO Payton punishment was too heavy-handed anyways. Also a major difference between targeting players to injure for money and your QB pumping the balls how he wants them.

Oh I agree, but I'm just stating that both coaches claimed ignorance, and one will very likely get off without any punishment. Just more lolGoodell-ness.

Just more lolGoodell-ness.

:whistle::kobe:

• Upvote 1

CSN New England's Mike Giardi reports the Patriots are "bracing for the worst" regarding DeflateGate discipline for Tom Brady and are "fearful" of a 6-8 game suspension.

To this point, only a 1-2 game ban has been feared amongst a majority of NFL observers. A 6-8 suspension would be wildly and unreasonably harsh from a league that stripped Ray Rice of just two games after he rendered his fiancee unconscious with a punch to the face in an elevator. Brady wanted footballs deflated to get a better grip. The possibility of a lengthy suspension makes Brady -- and Rob Gronkowski, Brandon LaFell, and Julian Edelman -- high-risk propositions in fantasy leagues that draft early. 2014 second-round pick Jimmy Garoppolo is next up on New England's quarterback depth chart.

:yes:

Is the organization that issued this report really the same one that also issued a report that states that "it is more probable than not that second-hand smoke is non-cancerous?"

Been seeing this floating around, not sure if its true or not.

I see Brady getting four games maximum. I think it will end up being two. Hoping for six though because the Jets are that sixth game... :shifty:

I'd be all for all of this except for the fact that Dallas plays the Pats week 4. Having said that I almost think Dallas has a better chance playing the Pats WITH Brady, not because Brady sucks, but those are just the kinds of games Dallas has always lost for years now, even when they have an awesome squad, but anything that fucks the Pats over is never going to make me too mad. Fuck 'em.

Fucking outrageous. Wells said Bill & Kraft had no knowledge. Fine Brady and suspend him 4 games then move the fuck on. You don't dock a first and fine an organization a million dollars cause you "assume" they knew something.

Fucking outrageous. Wells said Bill & Kraft had no knowledge. Fine Brady and suspend him 4 games then move the fuck on. You don't dock a first and fine an organization a million dollars cause you "assume" they knew something.

Wipe Belichick's semen off your chin you little mouth breathing fuck. :D

• Upvote 2

Wipe Belichick's semen off your chin you little mouth breathing fuck. :D

Sean still shook his shitcake team lost the big one to the Pats. Can't handle the annual hatefuck Pats put on everyone. :smug:

• Upvote 1