Favre4Ever

Chip "Embarrassed" By Loss to Cowboys

And after two straight losses to start the season, especially ahapless performance against the Cowboys on Sunday afternoon, he is rightfully upset.

"I was embarrassed ... that's not the way we're supposed to play football and that's not what we're all about, but we didn't play well yesterday," he told reporters. "I was embarrassed on how we played yesterday."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000535940/article/chip-kelly-on-eagles-loss-to-dallas-i-was-embarrassed

We are about to learn a lot about Chip Kelly as a coach and the make up of this football team as they handle some tough losses and a really disappointing start to the season.

How do you think this story ends for Chip and the Eagles?

Edited by Favre4Ever

Exaggeration opinion: Chip gets shitcanned after a 5-11 season and high tails it for a posh NCAA job,

Realistic: Chip limps along for a few more years but fails to make the playoffs. Then resigns on his own to high tail it to a posh NCAA job.

Either way, the story of Chip Kelly in the NFL isn't going to end well.

Live by the control, die by the control.

Or something.

Ego-maniacs generally self-destruct in the NFL at coaching positions. Here goes another.

• Upvote 1

If the Eagles go 5-11 or 6-10 or something he still has a winning record in the league. I think the Eagles front office loves Chip. I don't see him getting fired. It's possible if he wins 4 or less games, but even then I think he gets another year.

It is possible Chip leaves after a bad year, but I don't think he's the kind of guy who would want to leave after falling on his face like that. I think it would drive him nuts. Plus if the Eagles DO end up with a really shitty record he might finally have his chance to draft a decent QB in the first. This isn't so much of an indictment on Chip Kelly's offense as it is his poor decision to not address the offensive line issues. I actually still don't mind the Bradford move. Let's be clear, he sucks, but were we ever going to go anywhere with Foles? We're not married to the guy at this point and thank God he didn't sign that extension. What other options were there for the Eagles? Trade away the whole defense for Mariota? Eh. We should give Green Bay whatever they want for Hundley and try to find offensive line help in free agency.

• Upvote 1

I think it's pretty obvious though that a lot of notable players don't want to play for Chip if they don't feel they are a part of his 'system'

Maclin, Jackson, Mathis, McCoy, Cole, and some others were all pretty disgruntled with Chip or the Eagles in general...either way...when you have talented players like that on your roster not happy with the changes, it's an indicator that they aren't the problem. The coach is.

0-2 going against a Jets team that is going to beat the dogshit out of that offensive line? It's not looking good.

We should give Green Bay whatever they want for Hundley and try to find offensive line help in free agency.

My pick of Hundley in the 3rd round of our draft game lookin good now. :cigar:

• Upvote 1

Chip'll scurry back to college before he lets Philly fire him

I'm not saying this'll happen this year, with the freedom he had this offseason I have to think they're giving him a pretty long leash, but as soon as he sees the writing on the wall he'll have no trouble finding a college that'll welcome him with open arms and I don't think his ego will let him hang around long enough to get fired

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

Iggles gonna turn it around and win the Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez at QB. :yep::bookit:

Iggles gonna turn it around and win the Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez at QB. :yep::bookit:

Okay sean... You have now officially smoked too much weed! :lol:

That would be fine if there was any chance they were actually going to sit Bradford. :lol:

That would be fine if there was any chance they were actually going to sit Bradford. :lol:

Sanchize is gonna give Sadford the Tanya Harding treatment. :kobe:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9647/josh-huff

Eagles WR Josh Huff said he could hear the Cowboys calling out the Eagles' plays before they ran them on Sunday.

That's probably one reason the Cowboys were constantly hitting DeMarco Murray behind the line of scrimmage. Coach Chip Kelly's offense has a lot of moving parts, but actually isn't that complex. Pace is what makes it so hard to stop when the Eagles are rolling. It's pace that the Eagles have been unable to establish in 3-of-4 halves this season.

Wow, that's...really embarrassing.

You've been figured out, Chip. Time to adjust.

isn't that basically why nobody was sure Chip's system would work in the pros? it relies a lot on catching the defense off guard, which rarely if ever happens when you play good NFL teams

You can't get the other team out of rhythm if you hand it off every play because you feel like you gotta feed your overhyped star RB. :shifty:

You can't get the other team out of rhythm if you hand it off every play because you feel like you gotta feed your overhyped star RB. :shifty:

I thought that was why they traded McCoy?

DeMarco Murray is the real deal and as soon as the Eagles figure how to not get him hit as soon as he gets the ball, their running game will be fine.

Wow, that's...really embarrassing.

You've been figured out, Chip. Time to adjust.

I'm sure he will but the run has to be going. Teams might know what's coming but he made adjustments that seemed to work in the second half week 1. I still think it has to do with blocking more than anything else and it's easier to know what's coming when your QB won't throw deep.

DeMarco Murray is the real deal and as soon as the Eagles figure how to not get him hit as soon as he gets the ball, their running game will be fine.

They should focus on the functioning part of their offense first. They ran DeMarco like 10 times for -5 yards at one point. If your running game is that poor you need to start throwing to open it up. Bradford can run a spread very nicely. You've gotta get the ball moving somehow.