DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Playoff Thread

Tonight's game is gonna be fun as fuck to watch. Think i'll be home by 9 so I'll be able to watch basically the whole game. Rooting for the Spurs cause I want this going 7 games, then we got Warriors vs the winner. Some awesome basketball ahead of us.

Y'all ain't beating Miami haha

:coffee:

Any time the Spurs could get knocked out is a good time, imo. At the same time, I do wonder if they are a better matchup for GSW. They're good defensively all around, whereas OKC can't really use one of their biggest weapons in Kanter in the next series because GSW would go small ball and Kanter would have to defend Draymond, which is lolworthy.

I'd say I want to see KD and Russ versus GSW more than anything, but I would absolutely love the Draymond/Kahwi matchup (when GSW is on defense, that is, as I'm sure Kahwi will be chasing Steph or Klay).

The Spurs are more equipped to challenge the Warriors without drastic rotation changes, but the Thunder have the offensive firepower to actually outscore GSW if Curry ever goes cold.

• Upvote 1

Any time the Spurs could get knocked out is a good time, imo.

Watching this series, I feel like it was probably one of Pop's worst series. He constantly would have West and Diaw out at the same time, allowing OKC to kill the Spurs on the boards. While the offense would become way too stagnant, none of our bench stood out at all. Thunder proved that old vets cannot handle the speed at times with players like Waiters easily beating the Spurs subs. Those midseason acquisitions of Andre Miller and Kevin Martin sure look useless right now. If this is Duncan's or Ginobili's final game, next season is going to have a very different feel. Hopefully a young rim protector can be found or Boban develops more.

• Upvote 1

Ibaka on Aldridge won that series.

I was so fucking happy to see Andre Roberson get his day in the sun. I became a huge fan of him when I watched a couple Colorado Buffaloes games with my "father-in-law" and it was like a dream when they nabbed him in the 2nd round. I want to see him destroy Curry.

I want the Thunder to make Curry wallow in sadness while they ride on to kick the shit out of LeBron like they've been waiting to do since 2012.

Ibaka on Aldridge won that series.

I was so fucking happy to see Andre Roberson get his day in the sun. I became a huge fan of him when I watched a couple Colorado Buffaloes games with my "father-in-law" and it was like a dream when they nabbed him in the 2nd round. I want to see him destroy Curry.

I want the Thunder to make Curry wallow in sadness while they ride on to kick the shit out of LeBron like they've been waiting to do since 2012.

Steph's handle is too good for anybody to guard him effectively. I'd let Roberson blanket Klay.

Can't believe Pacers let Vogel walk for Nate. That dude is just meh

• Upvote 1

Ben has the reverse jinx powers. =O

This Thunder/Warrior series has all sorts of interesting matchups.

I want to see what the Thunder thow out against the Warriors small lineup of

Curry/Klay/Iguodala/Barnes/Green

Looking at what the possibility the Thunder could do...

Westbrook/Roberson/Waiters?/Durant/Ibaka

The key is who the hell plays the 3 for the Thunder...I think outside of that mystery, the Thunder matchup pretty well small ball wise.

Also, it's going to be interesting to see if Steve Adams can keep on producing like he did against the Spurs..especially against a rim defender like Bogut. So many interesting matchups, it's going to be more of a chess game than most because the talent on both sides is there. People want to say the Warriors are head and shoulders above the Thunder...but the Thunder look like they want to win and you could tell in that Spurs series. Should be fun, but I still say GS in 7.

Thunder/Warriors is the real final this year. Whoever wins this series will be the champs. I think overall the Warriors are a better team. They're talented, but they just fit perfectly and play perfectly together. Anytime you have Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka though you can beat anyone and they have good role players now too. Not like GS but they have more than just the stars.

Russell Westbrook is the most frustrating player in the NBA.

Guest Phailadelphia

It took me a long time to see it but I'm finally realizing Sam Presti's basketball philosophy and vision for this team: defensive versatility (via size & athleticism) plus rebounding. Those are what won OKC the series against the Spurs and game 1 of the WCF. GSW, like SAS, is clearly bothered by the length & athleticism of the Thunder defense. They started rushing shots, the ball movement slowed, and OKC forced them into exactly the shots they want them to take (ie. Draymond for 3).

Edited by Phailadelphia

OKC won this game but they absolutely have to stop going strictly ISO late. Run your damn offense.

Thunder/Warriors is the real final this year. Whoever wins this series will be the champs.

lebronwhaaa.gif?w=1000

• Upvote 1

I think Cleveland would beat OKC in 6, and take GSW to 7

• Upvote 1

Someone posted this on reddit:

Steph Curry goes 1-6 in 4th with 7 TOs. No media members say he choked. Same for Kawhi/LMA last series when they disappeared. Yet LBJ and Westbrook and KD get so much flack for a bad Q4. Why?

• Upvote 1

Because people like Steph, et al.

The sweep of the Raptors starts tonight :smug:

• Upvote 1