Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Your Team's Biggest Busts

Title explains it all. Who are the biggest busts in your teams recent draft history?

:Rams:

Jared Goof - Until he starts a game he is a bust. When was the last time a #1 overall pick was inactive in the season opener?

Greg Robinson - Touted as this Superman OL with incredible athleticism and strength. In reality he is an average to below average pass blocker.

Tavon Austin - You wanted a Welker or Edelman? You got a souped up Dri Archer. Gadget player with average production who just got paid big bucks to be average.

Isaiah Pead - I think we spent a second on this bastard. Not even in the league now. For his career he has 92 yards rushing.

Tre Mason - Third rounder right? Had potential but pissed he's not a starter and likes to throw fits.

Edited by 2-14

QB Christian Ponder. He had some really nice moments but was never the same after his arm injury where a section of his arm turned blue and the subsequent return of said injury during the following offseason that forced him to go to the ER. I liked his smarts and his surprising mobility, but once his already limited arm was zapped of its strength, he wasn't the same player.

DT Shariff Floyd. He's a good player but he's never healthy. He'll lose this status if he can put a season together.

WR Cordarrelle Patterson. He was too raw and never should have been considered a first round pick. He's still an impact player but not even close to a starting WR.

S Antone Exum. Late round pick but was supposed to be a steal and has never shown consistency. He's a playmaker, but we never know which team it'll be for, and I'm honestly unsure if he's even on this year's roster.

Gonna go back to 2011 because that class was so bad.

WR Nelson Agholor. Jury is still out, but he looks pretty mediocre.

OG Danny Watkins. :yao: :yao: :yao:

DE/OLB Marcus Smith. Total bust.

CB Eric Rowe. Had a solid rookie year, but wasn't a scheme fit under Schwartz. Apparently.

S Jaiquawn Jarrett. :yao:

:Texans:

Expansion Draft: OT Tony Boselli

2002: QB David Carr (1st overall)

2003: TE Bennie Joppru (41st overall)

2005: DT Travis Johnson (16th overall)

2007: DT Amobi Okoye (10th overall)

2013: SS D.J. Swearinger (57th overall)

*2014: DE Jadeveon Clowney (1st overall)

*Still early, but c'mon who am I kidding? :yao:

• Upvote 1

The biggest name that comes to my mind for Seahawks Draft Busts?

Aaron Curry. $34,000,000 for what was hyped as one of the best LB prospects ever. He was fast. He was strong. He was a massive fucking disappointment. Despite his much touted strength and speed he struggled to rush the passer at the NFL level, and was only marginally better as a run-stuffer. In coverage he was pretty much worthless. He just didn't have the instincts or the intellect to understand football at the NFL level. He ended up losing his job to K.J. Wright and after two disappointing season with the Raiders he signed with the Giants in the 2013 offseason only to fail to even make their final roster. The "greatest LB prospect in history" retired at age 27, his career having imploded before it even started.

Marcus Nash... yuck.

Jarvis Moss... bitch please

I know he was a 4th rounder but Maurice Clarett was just so bad.

So many...

Jamarcus Russell

DJ Hayden

Rolando McClain

DHB

Sio Moore

to name a few.

Aaron Maybin is the worst just because of how obvious it was that he wasn't as good as Orakpo.

it's a much shorter list of who isn't a bust, over the last decade (discounting 2015/16 for lack of resume) there's Jurrell Casey, Derrick Morgan, Alterraun Verner, Chris Johnson, and Michael Griffin, those five are the only players we drafted 4th round or higher (because can you really bust as a round 5-7 pick?) that I can reasonably say lived up to their draft position, and only two of those five are still on the team

it's a much shorter list of who isn't a bust, over the last decade (discounting 2015/16 for lack of resume) there's Jurrell Casey, Derrick Morgan, Alterraun Verner, Chris Johnson, and Michael Griffin, those five are the only players we drafted 4th round or higher (because can you really bust as a round 5-7 pick?) that I can reasonably say lived up to their draft position, and only two of those five are still on the team

You can add Jason Mccourty and Taylor Lewan. Zach Brown seems to be having success in Buffalo too. He just didn't fall into the plans of the future. Dude could ball, I get that he got hurt but come on. The trend of releasing our guys and them having success elsewhere continues.

You can add Jason Mccourty and Taylor Lewan. Zach Brown seems to be having success in Buffalo too. He just didn't fall into the plans of the future. Dude could ball, I get that he got hurt but come on. The trend of releasing our guys and them having success elsewhere continues.

I didn't include Lewan based on sample size, but there's certainly an argument that two seasons is enough, and I didn't include McCourty because he was a sixth rounder, no expectations at that point in the draft so no real bust potential

Fair point on Brown, I sometimes lose track of players when they leave Tennessee

Using oochymp's logic, (Rounds 5 and up)

2011: Everyone drafted not named Cam Newton. Holy shit. I don't even think anyone else is on the team. Terrell McClain and Sione Fua, DT, Brandon Hogan, CB, Kealoha Pilares, WR. For good measure, our round 6 and 7 picks were no good either.

2012: Amini Silatolu, OG, Frank Alexander, DE, Joe Adams, WR. This draft was good for pick 1: Luke Kuechly, and pick 5: Josh Norman.

2013: Egmund Kugbila OG. Kawann Short, Star Lotulelei and AJ Klein were our other 3 picks in the first five rounds. Star and Short were amazing picks, Klein is decent depth.

2014: None. This draft was amazing- or at least I thought so prior to Sunday when one of its members was burned for 173 yards by Julio Jones.

2015: So far, none, but Daryl Williams not being able to beat out Michael Oher or Mike Remmers is worrisome indeed.

2016: Zack Sanchez, CB. Zack is still stashed on the practice squad and may end up getting a chance this year, but since he didn't even make the team, he should be considered a bust until he proves otherwise.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1