BLUE

Report: Dalton could go as high as 8th to TEN

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora, TCU QB Andy Dalton is the quarterback "generating the most late buzz," and he could go as high as No. 8 overall.

The Titans reportedly consider Dalton "an elite prospect who carries less of the varied risk" of other QBs in the draft. One source tells LaCanfora that the Titans' offensive coaches are pushing for Dalton while the defensive staff loves Auburn DT Nick Fairley. Dalton is becoming an interesting test case with three reliable, high-profile NFL insiders suggesting he's a lead-pipe lock for the first round while film wonks continue to cast skepticism on his NFL future. Apr 26, 2:55 PM

Source: NFL.com

I'm going crazy by all of this QB talk. If it comes down to it though, I'd rather have Dalton over Locker, even if he is coming from a spread system.

I still hope we go defense nonetheless.

Man, what is it with all the mediocre quarterbacks going super high?

Allegedly.

Dalton isn't even going to be mediocre. Dude is going to bust hard... I will laugh if he goes at 8.

LaCanfora had him going to TEN in his mock.

I'd rather have Locker than Dalton. LOLWUT? if Tennessee drafts Dalton 8th overall.

Just sayin'.

Dalton will succeed. Y'all watch.

He'll be better than Newton and Gabbert.

NFL Films guru Greg Cosell believes TCU QB Andy Dalton merits no more than a fourth-round draft selection.

"He won't go there. He'll go higher," Cosell concedes. "But he doesn't throw it very well. He doesn't spin it very well. He's a guy you'll have to camouflage. He needs a strong running game to be successful." SI.com's Peter King has been adamant that Dalton is a first-rounder, though it seems highly doubtful that six or seven QBs will be off the board in the first 32 picks. Dalton could be one that slips.

Source: Sacramento Bee

roflTitansfail. They could get probably get him with their 2nd round pick. Drafting him at #8 would make no sense at all. They could get a stud in the top 10 at another position like Fairley and then draft Dalton if they like him so much in the 2nd. If they are worried he won't be there in the 2nd, they could always trade back up into the 1st round.

NFL Films guru Greg Cosell believes TCU QB Andy Dalton merits no more than a fourth-round draft selection.

So he can go anywhere between a top 10 pick and the 4th Round...WTF?

So he can go anywhere between a top 10 pick and the 4th Round...WTF?

Top 10 is only if you (or any other fail team) is completely retarded. haha

EDIT:

Of course... maybe it's just smoke for teams like Minnesota or whoever else looking to trade up to get Locker.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Top 10 is only if you (or any other fail team) is completely retarded. haha

EDIT:

Of course... maybe it's just smoke for teams like Minnesota or whoever else looking to trade up to get Locker.

I pray it is this. I'll be so upset if we draft a QB with a high pick. I'll end up raging. LMAO

if we take any QB over Fairley I will be beyond pissed

Well, I dunno about Locker, but he's got 100% of my support regardless.

• Upvote 1

This rumor started when Trent Dilfer said Dalton was a lock to go in the 1st, and was then reported by Jason La Canfora.

To anyone who knows reporters, it's no shocker that Dalton is still on the board.

Well, I dunno about Locker, but he's got 100% of my support regardless.

Even with Locker's "accuracy problems" he probably could still put up a 60%+ completion rate on Houston's secondary! :laugh:

It pains me to say this now that he's the enemy, but I do think Locker is gonna be a good one.

Guest Durant4MVP

Dalton will succeed. Y'all watch.

He'll be better than Newton and Gabbert.

lol, no he won't.

Even with Locker's "accuracy problems" he probably could still put up a 60%+ completion rate on Houston's secondary! :laugh:

It pains me to say this now that he's the enemy, but I do think Locker is gonna be a good one.

the weird thing is that I've heard the stat thrown around that he completed 70% of passes outside of the pocket, if he's accurate outside the pocket it'll only take a little bit of coaching to get him accurate inside the pocket, it's a lot easier to teach it that way than the other way around, I really like this pick

I have come to really like this pick. He is mature, hard working, and is a great role model off the field. The guy has a skill set and work ethic like Tim Tebow, but has the arm he initially lacked.

Edited by KeVo

Id rather have Locker if i was a Titans fan he has the arm and can throw accurately on the run his pocket accuracy can be fixed. Lockers completion % was overblown in my opinion he had mediocre talent at UW and was there best player when on the field.