westbrookforsix

Don't read this if you love hating DeSean Jackson

Wide receiver DeSean Jackson will be in Philadelphia later this week for the 2011 DeSean Jackson Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Gala, which raises money for the charity that he started after the disease claimed the life of his father, Bill, in 2009.

http://www.foundation10.com/

Another good story about DeSean to follow up on him helping out that kid that got bullied. But according to 1/4 of this board he should be broken in half because he dances before he scores scores touchdowns alllll over your team... LOL :wink:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I still don't like the guy for his cockiness, but he's never gone into T.O. mode in throwing his teammates/coaches under the bus, and he does a lot of things like this. So I don't hate the guy.

I still don't like the guy for his cockiness, but he's never gone into T.O. mode in throwing his teammates/coaches under the bus, and he does a lot of things like this. So I don't hate the guy.

Cocky, yes, maybe he even does really believe he's the best WR in the NFL (I doubt it), but he's not resting on his laurels or just lifting weights by himself in his basement and jogging around his neighborhood. He's going back to his old coaches who have pushed him to be the athlete he is today.

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson might not be working out with his teammates during the lockout, but he told 97.5 The Phanatic Sunday that he's staying in Pro Bowl shape thanks to his long-time coaches on the West Coast.

"I’m working out with my coaches, the coaches who have been training me since I was a little, young kid," said Jackson, who grew up in Long Beach, Calif. "I’ve just been really trying to stay active in the community. I can’t really sit around and wait out the lockout. I definitely need to keep myself in great shape and do everything I need to do as an athlete to be ready when the lockout is over."

Jackson said he has been in regular contact with his teammates who have stayed in the Philadelphia area to work out.

"During this time, we kind of miss it because we're always with our teammates ... and right now we're not able to do what we are able to do so we've just got to keep active," Jackson said.

Jackson also discussed his contract situation. He would like an extension, but the lockout has stalled any talks his agent Drew Rosenhaus could have with the Eagles.

"Drew has been keeping me patient," Jackson said. "He's motivated me and tried to not have me focus on my contract and that's what I have (done) him for, so he can do his job and do what he needs to do for me as a player to feel confident and know he'll do the best thing possible for me. I just really pray and hope that it really works out."

Jackson will return to Philadelphia at the end of the week for a fundraising event.

Honestly, I've always thought (and maybe it's dead obvious to some) his cockiness and flash is his defense mechanism he's used his whole life for his stature (maybe a bit of a Napoleon complex). We saw the way he embraced that kid that was bullied, I bet DeSean had his share of scrapes growing up in LBC.

So he started a charity in memory of his father and for that we should all of a sudden stop disliking the guy? His charitable work doesn't, in my mind, forgive his personality.

• Upvote 1

I still hate him.

• Upvote 1

Good for him.

He's still a fucking douche, though. And always will be.

• Upvote 1

I don't think that wb46 is saying you all should like him. He's just saying that he might be a cocky asshole on the field, but off the field he conducts himself a professional and a decent human being.

but off the field he conducts himself a professional and a decent human being.

Says who? The fact that he has enough money to hire a management firm to run a charitable organization for a disease that killed his father?

Says who? The fact that he has enough money to hire a management firm to run a charitable organization for a disease that killed his father?

You're right, I don't know, but judging by the guys actions off the field there's nothing to suggest otherwise. He keeps himself out of trouble.

I love a good charity as much as the next person... especially one that hits close to home. But practically every player in the league runs or sponsors a charity.

Good for him.

He's still a fucking douche, though. And always will be.

This. Randy Moss did a TON of charity work, especially with kids. How's his public perception these days?

Cool story, pretty sure every player backs some kind of charity..

Truth is Jackson is still a douche.

• Upvote 1

All of the DeSean Jackson hate :rofl:

Is he cocky? Hell yes but he has yet to do anything to warrant being a douche. Along with no off the field problems. He does not deserve the hate that most people have unless they are fans of other NFCE teams :grinno:

• Downvote 2

Doesn't change my nor most of the other knowledgeable members on this board's opinion of him as a football player at all.

Nice try.

"All he does is score on us and does cocky dances." Don't let him do that then you won't have this problem.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"All he does is score on us and does cocky dances." Don't let him do that then you won't have this problem.

The problem of people hating Desean Jackson... meh, couldn't care less as long as he plays well.

Edited by GA_Eagle

<----Part of the 10% that doesn't think Zack is a piece of shit.

• Upvote 2

<----Part of the 10% that doesn't think Zack is a piece of shit.

This.

• Upvote 1

90% of you guys think I'm a piece of shit. If I was rich and had an agent telling me it'd be a good PR move to do charity work, would that change your opinion?

Bam. Great point, actually.

• Upvote 1

All of the DeSean Jackson hate :rofl:

Is he cocky? Hell yes but he has yet to do anything to warrant being a douche. Along with no off the field problems. He does not deserve the hate that most people have unless they are fans of other NFCE teams :grinno:

This is fucking stupid. So in order to be a douche he has to have off-field problems now? Sorry, I missed that memo that Webster's sent out defining the word douche.

Don't tell me who I'm allowed to dislike and/or why.

I'm totally neutral on Jackson's behaviour. He wants to be a douche, who am I to say anything?

Edited by BigBen07

You know that players have agents, right? Doing charity work has no correlation to his egotism. 90% of you guys think I'm a piece of shit. If I was rich and had an agent telling me it'd be a good PR move to do charity work, would that change your opinion?

He's not that rich compared to other players, he's still playing on his rookie contract. I'm not trying to say "look he's the only guy in the NFL that has a charity," because he is far from it, but the level of hate on this board for DeSean is insane. I can understand some dislike for the guy, but when non-division rivals wish injury upon him on a regular basis, it's retarded. Let egotistical people be egotistical and just laugh it off. On a very serious note, the NFL is in the business of entertainment, and it desperately needs personality. He's not hurting anyone (except when he fell short of the goal line and got Westbrook injured on the next play). I don't see how you guys don't find his dances and interviews just pure entertainment.

I'm totally neutral on Jackson's behaviour. He wants to be a douche, who am I to say anything?

You, sir, are a motherfucking poster on the motherfucking Internet. You are an elite member of society's finest, most intellectual citizens.

As FDR once said: speak in all caps and carry a keyboard.

This is fucking stupid. So in order to be a douche he has to have off-field problems now? Sorry, I missed that memo that Webster's sent out defining the word douche.

Don't tell me who I'm allowed to dislike and/or why.

Lol you can hate whoever I want, I just find it funny that DeSean gets so much hate. What has he actually done that makes you hate or the others hate him so much? Is it cause he has little antics when scoring a Touchdown, such as jerking or falling backwards? Many players have done TD dances or celebrations and don't see people calling them douches. Or did you get butthurt about him claiming he is the best WR? Ya it was pretty stupid but players constantly make claims like that and are not called douches. What makes him a douche? So far all I have seen is hate for him but no support what so ever, pretty funny actually.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1