Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Finley: I will change the tight end position

Per Rotoworld.com:

Jermichael Finley (knee) guarantees that he will "change the tight position" if he makes it through this season without missing a game.

Finley has never been in better shape. He was already uncoverable one-on-one, and he's lost 15 pounds to take on a receiver/tight end hybrid role. "He's a freak," said coach Mike McCarthy. "Some of the things he does out here you just shake your head at." Finley does come with an injury risk this year, but his upside is off the charts. Aug 1, 10:05 PM

Source: CBSSports.com

Change it to what? Gonzo and Gates have already brought the position to it's pinnacle...

Change it to what? Gonzo and Gates have already brought the position to it's pinnacle...

Was just about to say this. I would say he is more of Gates' build rather than Gonzo.

He has a lot of potential but hopefully he doesn't become too cocky. Should be fun to watch this upcoming season.

You really are sold on Finley demanding a lot of money and will move on from the Packers. While I agree with some of your points, I think a deal will be reached for Finley towards the end of the season if he is healthy and playing well. With how much room Thompson cleared and made no big signings, he has to preparing to sign Sitton and Finley to new contracts.

You really are sold on Finley demanding a lot of money and will move on from the Packers. While I agree with some of your points, I think a deal will be reached for Finley towards the end of the season if he is healthy and playing well. With how much room Thompson cleared and made no big signings, he has to preparing to sign Sitton and Finley to new contracts.

I am... He needs to be knocked off his pedestal before he signs a deal with us again. I don't think he has any loyalty to the Packers whatsoever... And will walk away from the team the moment we give him an offer he doesn't like.

Is it possible that he comes back? Of course.... I just don't see it unraveling like that.

:yep:

http://www.thegridir...-nasty-divorce/

I doubt he make it through the year anyway.

And you call me negative.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Quarless fucking blows. He has no skill as of now, showed no potential while starting more than half last season, and is currently injured and can't pass the physical.

I'd like Finley to stay as long as we don't have to overpay him and we never overpay anyone.

This dude is so full of himself. I can't honestly think of anything a TE is capable of doing that hasn't already been done. There's been great blocking TE's, great receiving TE's, great blocking and receiving TE's. I guess if he really wants to change things he can be some sort of wild-cat TE that throws the ball or rushes like a RB/FB? lol

Edited by Shotgun

Andrew Quarless fucking blows. He has no skill as of now, showed no potential while starting more than half last season, and is currently injured and can't pass the physical.

I'd like Finley to stay as long as we don't have to overpay him and we never overpay anyone.

DJ is the future. Watched an e:60 special on him and he is the definition of Packer people. :yep:

Finley has so much hype around him it's crazy. What has he done? Seriously?

• Upvote 1

DJ is the future. Watched an e:60 special on him and he is the definition of Packer people. :yep:

He looks like a good person and is skilled but a combination of Finley and Williams would be nasty along with all the receivers GB has. If McCarthy would stop being sooo passive in the 2nd half whenever GB has the lead, the offense could blow teams out of the water.

Finley has so much hype around him it's crazy. What has he done? Seriously?

It's not about what he has done, but what he is about to do...

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

I hope he's not another Mark Chmura... if that's what you're insinuating F4E...

He's a receiver...just like Gates and Shannon Sharpe. He's hardly a tight end.

I hope he's not another Mark Chmura... if that's what you're insinuating F4E...

Finley won't be a Packer much longer. Gives him a lot less time to disgrace the uniform.

Was just about to say this. I would say he is more of Gates' build rather than Gonzo.

He has a lot of potential but hopefully he doesn't become too cocky. Should be fun to watch this upcoming season.

I think he's already too cocky. He's already talking real highly of himself and he hasn't played a whole season. Although I think all players need to have that self-confidence, I think he's definitely fueling it by talking a lot for the media and becoming more full of himself by the minute. I see that he's talented by he has to prove it for long periods of time and maintain his health otherwise there's no way that Ted will give him a long-term contract. We know how stubborn he is and Ted will stick to his guns if he feels otherwise. We'll see how this season pans out and what will happen in the future.

His teammates should seriously consider bringing him back down to earth.

82 Receptions, 1,051 Yards, 7 Touchdowns, 1 Fumble

32 games played, 16 started over three seasons.

I'm so fucking sick of hearing shit about how great he is. It's ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that he's an arrogant moron.

Have more than one good season than we will talk about even putting you on a top ten TE list.

I never actually took a look at Finley's career numbers until just now.

His three seasons...

2008: 6 catches, 74 yards, 1 TD

2009: 55 catches, 676 yards, 5 TDs

2010: 21 catches, 301 yards, 1 TD

Wow. Not sure what the hype is all about. Sure he was on pace for an awesome 2010 before going on IR after five games, but I saw people putting this guy way high on the top 10 TE thread. I think maybe he should actually put together a great season before we start talking big about this guy. I seriously don't understand the hype.

I never actually took a look at Finley's career numbers until just now.

His three seasons...

2008: 6 catches, 74 yards, 1 TD

2009: 55 catches, 676 yards, 5 TDs

2010: 21 catches, 301 yards, 1 TD

Wow. Not sure what the hype is all about. Sure he was on pace for an awesome 2010 before going on IR after five games, but I saw people putting this guy way high on the top 10 TE thread. I think maybe he should actually put together a great season before we start talking big about this guy. I seriously don't understand the hype.

A lot of it is unwarranted... but it stems from the immense potential he has shown on the field in limited action. He has freakish size and speed for a TE and COULD be truly dominant in my opinion if he were healthy. But as it was stated, he really hasn't done anything beside show his potential. He doesn't deserve the attention he is getting until he can play a full year (or very close to a full year)