AllYouNeedIsLovie

Which Elite ST position would you have?

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Elite ST position would you have?

• Punter
    • Kicker
    • Returner
    • Special Teamer

I think this could lead to some good discussion. I'd personally go with Punter. An elite punter can change field position pretty much whenever and can really impact games.

I'd love to be on the kickoff team running my ass of down field and trying to hit someone or making a tackle.

I'd love to be on the kickoff team running my ass of down field and trying to hit someone or making a tackle.

I didn't mean what position you would want to be, I meant what position would you rather have an elite player at on your team. Sorry for the confusion.

I didn't mean what position you would want to be, I meant what position would you rather have an elite player at on your team. Sorry for the confusion.

Nah it's my fault. I have a problem reading things carefully. :(

I agree with you on having a solid punter.

Edited by BayAreaBomber

I want the consistent 3 from my kicker every time (in a reasonable range). There's nothing more soothing to a coach than a reliable 3 points every time.

Edited by RazorStar

I want the consistent 3 from my kicker every time (in a reasonable range). There's nothing more soothing to a coach than a reliable 3 points every time.

:yeahthat:

speaking as a fan of a team that does have an elite kicker, it's great to know that once you get inside the 30, barring a turnover, you've got three points, it's also great at the end of a game to know that even if you don't get quite as close as you'd like to get, you've still got a decent chance if you need a game winner

I'm taking a kicker with the power of Matt Prater and the accuracy of Matt Bryant. An automatic 3 within 60-65 yards is something that is undervalued, I'll take 3 points...because a guaranteed TD with great field position isn't coming when you're a Falcons fan.

Probably kicker, but Punter is a close second. In end I think it's most important to be able to guarantee yourself points or to be able to hit a FG in the closing seconds of a game.

Kicker, easily.

I bet you every Raiders fan would say they would choose Janikowski over Lechler. :yep:

Went with kicker. We've had a reliable one in years and I struggle to put value in a guy like a punter in which the goal is to never need to use him.

If the offense is just average, kicker. If it's awful, punter. If it's good, returner. If I don't get to choose based on the offense, kicker.

Returner

^ Under the old rules, maybe. Not now with all of the touchbacks.

if i had to choose between an avg kicker and hester in his prime or an elite kicker and joe shmoe as my returner im going hester and a avg kicker... hands down

Has to be kicker. I think the 49ers proved that this season. Akers scored almost 40% of our offense's total points...

if i had to choose between an avg kicker and hester in his prime or an elite kicker and joe shmoe as my returner im going hester and a avg kicker... hands down

Completely disagree. But then I think I've disagreed with nearly everything you've said on here.

Edited by Thanatos19

Punter for myself. Something about corner punting inside the 5 yard line pumps me up. It can change the entire outcome of a game without ever scoring a point.

Weatherford showed that yesterday. People forget that yes, Tom Brady made a boneheaded play, but it only mattered as much as it did because Weatherford had pinned them inside the 5.