• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Tennessee Titans
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Houston Texans
    • Other

Since it's going to be in the headlines for the next few weeks, I thought this would be a good poll topic and general discussion of who wins the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Listed in the poll are the top fifteen destinations according to everything I've read. I realize some of these are pretty unlikely, but you never know in this league. There's still an "Other" just in case you envision him going elsewhere. (Wouldn't it be fun to see him and his brother play together for the Giants?)

Oh, and my vote is for Seattle as it has been ever since it's been rumored that he was going to leave. They'll give him the money and take a package deal with Wayne, if that's what he's looking for. I could see Kansas City, Arizona or Miami as well, but my gut says Seattle.

Also, I think the Bucs should seriously consider him, but I don't think they will. Josh Freeman isn't the answer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Miami Dolphins will be Peyton's new home. I could also see Reggie Wayne joining him.

I think Zona invested too much in Kolb to land Peyton, and Seattle makes sense but that rainy weather I think will play a factor in his decision. They do have a good OL and Run game though so that may help...

As long as he doesnt land with the Jets Im happy.....Fuck those fuckin fuckers

I think he heads to South Beach. Brandon Marshalls a nice luxury, and I think Reggie Bush out of the backfield in a Peyton Manning run offense would be lethal.....Plus ive always had a soft spot for the fish for some reason.

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Miami seems to be the place all the cool kids go to nowadays soo...

IMO, it'll be between Miami and San Fran, but he'll roll with Miami as they'll offer more money.

I have to say the Hawks. Somebody who is going to bring out the money for him. The have receving weapons already package Peyton, Wayne to Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin , and Marshawn Lynch. Also with Mike Williams back that is a very tall very fast offense. That and they have a young talented O line with all of them being drafted in the first 3 rounds. That and a defense like he has never had. I think he may light it up there and is the best fit for him.

Arizona Cardinals. One of the best receivers in the game. Solid #2 and #3 at least as good as on the Colts. Pretty stable and stout running game with Beanie Wells leading the way. Defense that's not too shabby as well. It's the perferct storm.

I'd like to say that the 49ers are a good fit, because they are. But I don't see them biting on Manning. Let's keep in mind that Harbough is a play caller. And he's also very confident in Alex Smith. If they can save cap room signing Smith as opposed to an aging Manning, they'll do it. Then again I'm biased because I am a huge Alex Smith fan.

• Upvote 1

While Miami seems like the perfect place I think they will pursue Matt Flynn with their Green Bay connections.

I think the other Florida team Jacksonville would be a good spot for him for a few reasons.

1. It would give the Jags time to bring Gabbert along slowly and to learn from one of the best.

2. Manning could pretty much lift the constant blackouts they have had for several years.

3. Jags have a great running back in Jones-Drew and a pretty decent defense.

Get him a couple of a receivers (they could bring in Wayne also) and he could instantly turn that franchise around.

Plus he would get to play the Colts twice a year.

I honestly think Zona gives him the best chance at a bowl. All the offense is missing is a QB like Peyton and the defense has become pretty top-notch, certainly better than what it was when Kurt was QB.

Miami is another option but I'm skeptical of the defense now that Nolan is gone. Great players but they likely won'tt be at peek performance having to deal with a new defense. I think they are likely to prefer Flynn as well. Peyton isn't a long term solution and long-term job security is always involved in coaching decisions.

I think every other option is either not ideal and probably not what Peyton is looking for, or I doubt that the organization would risk going after Peyton and ruining a current relationship with a current QB, such as Alex Smith or Sanchez.

Washington and Miami get in a bidding war, but ultimately Miami will be willing to give him more. Plus, Washington will want to spend money on other big-name free agents (Vincent Jackson), and will be confident in Mike Shanahan's ability to develop either RGIII or Tannehill.

Washington and Miami get in a bidding war, but ultimately Miami will be willing to give him more. Plus, Washington will want to spend money on other big-name free agents (Vincent Jackson), and will be confident in Mike Shanahan's ability to develop either RGIII or Tannehill.

Plus, Washington is where once good players became bad. I'm sure Peyton doesn't want that.

San Fran did say they weren't going after him, for all that's worth.

It's between Zona, Seattle, and Miami, IMO.

I think Zona wins- but they have to be willing to take him and Wayne in a package deal.

Zona or the Jets. :p

Miami and Zona are Peyton's best options right now...And I'd have to say Zona is a better option for him. Fitzgerald, Doucet, and Reggie Wayne would be a pretty legit WR corps out there going against a relatively weak NFC West *points to Hawks and Rams*. Seriously...why would you want to go to Miami and face Brady twice a year...don't think I could handle all the Brady and Manning arguments lmao.

We don't really want/need the guy. We've got Flynn, and I'm still hopefully somebody coming out of college will be our guy for 15 years.

• Downvote 1

Arizona since they have a retractable roof and Larry Fitzgerald. Manning is a dome baby. Always has been, always will be.

• Downvote 1

The 49ers are idiotic if they don't at least TRY to go after Peyton. But it doesn't really matter. Peyton is going to be a Dolphin.

Which is weird because the only QB's Shanny has developed as a HC were Brian Griese and Jay Cutler.

We don't really want/need the guy. We've got Flynn, and I'm still hopefully somebody coming out of college will be our guy for 15 years.

The Hawks signed Flynn?

The Hawks signed Flynn?

I think its a better route to take. I want to get a QB of the future. Signing Flynn doesn't necessarily mean he's our QB of the future, but if we succeed with him, then he could be. He might struggle and get us to a losing record his first year, we can then make the decision of whether or not to make a big play on a big name college quarterback, or we continue to build and build and collect talent at all the other positions like I see us doing in this years draft. What we need to ultimately accomplish is creating a team that is capable of winning a championship on any given year with healthy key players. Similar to Green Bay, we are implementing John Schnieders' system, where we build from the ground up and maintain that strength year after year and become capable of winning multiple championships in that generation.

• Downvote 1

Taking a QB who was a game manager in the SEC over Peyton Manning is not a ''better route to take''.

No... just no.

• Downvote 1

Arizona since they have a retractable roof and Larry Fitzgerald. Manning is a dome baby. Always has been, always will be.

I don't really think Peyton Manning gives much of a shit about playing under a retractable roof, Phil, but I'll give you that he'd have Fitz and Whisenhunt, who would probably let Peyton run the show, offensively, IMO....

I still have a feeling he'll go to the Dolphins when it's all said and done, though....I can't see him joining the Redskins or Broncos (Both teams have also reportedly been interested in signing Peyton).

Edited by BLUE

I don't really think Peyton Manning gives much of a shit about playing under a retractable roof, Phil, but I'll give you that he'd have Fitz and Whisenhunt, who would probably let Peyton run the show, offensively, IMO....

You're fucking kidding me right, Ed?

For example.. his indoor/outdoor splits from the Colts Super Bowl year in 2006...

Indoors (9 games): 198/294, 2315 yards, 21 touchdowns, 2 INTs, 112 QB rating

Outdoors (7 games): 164/263, 2082 yards, 10 touchdowns, 7 INTs, 88.6 QB rating

Dome baby.

• Downvote 2