Sign in to follow this  
RANGA

There's 2 minutes left on the clock...

And your team is down a touchdown. You can choose any player in the NFL to take the field with your offense.

There's only one catch...you're stuck with your team's original QB.

Who do you choose?

And your team is down a touchdown. You can choose any player in the NFL to take the field with your offense.

There's only one catch...you're stuck with your team's original QB.

Who do you choose?

Calvin Johnson.

Considering Tony Romo always chokes, gimme Aaron Rodgers and I'll run the Wildcat. :yep:

In all seriousness, I'll take Megatron. Best WR in the NFL and his height advantage always gives you the option to chuck it up towards him if you're in trouble.

Rob Gronkowski. Big target, killer speed, and our tight ends just don't inspire like our WR's do. Decker and Thomas have performed in those big time situations.

• Upvote 1

I'd take Megatron..That dude is huge and has awesome ball skills and can give you an advantage every time a QB throws the ball..

it's a really tough call between Megatron and Fitz, I'm gonna go with Fitz because I think he has a little bit more speed, see:

but I really don't think there's a wrong choice between the two

Rob Gronkowski is literally impossible to cover so it'd be him. he could work the middle of the field so that the safeties couldn't help the CBs against Wallace and Brown too much.

• Upvote 1

This is easy.

20120108__broncos-tim-tebow-grimace-010812~p1.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The best TE in football. jimmy Graham.

Fred Jackson or Ray Rice, because our receivers and TE are good enough.

Rob Gronkowski. Big target, killer speed, and our tight ends just don't inspire like our WR's do. Decker and Thomas have performed in those big time situations.

Rob Gronkowski is literally impossible to cover so it'd be him. he could work the middle of the field so that the safeties couldn't help the CBs against Wallace and Brown too much.

:yep:

Graham's a solid TE, but Brees makes him look a lot better than he actually is, IMO. I know people have made a similar argument for Gronk having Brady, but Gronk is an absolute freak of nature. His size, agility, hands, and blocking is just incredible. Dude would still look like a beast even if he was catching passes from a mediocre QB. Pats were pretty damn lucky to snag him in the 2nd round. If he didn't sit out with a back injury in his senior year at Arizona, he probably would have been drafted in the top 20.

He had one outstanding season on the Saints, one of the best offensive teams of the past few years. Gronkowski had 7 more TDs and 17 more yards with 9 less catches on another offensive powerhouse.

Graham's a solid TE, but Brees makes him look a lot better than he actually is, IMO. I know people have made a similar argument for Gronk having Brady, but Gronk is an absolute freak of nature. His size, agility, hands, and blocking is just incredible. Dude would still look like a beast even if he was catching passes from a mediocre QB. Pats were pretty damn lucky to snag him in the 2nd round. If he didn't sit out with a back injury in his senior year at Arizona, he probably would have been drafted in the top 20.

And Graham could do the same things with a mediocre QB lets be honest here. Graham is faster, has longer Arms, has better leaping ability, and better body control. Hands are a wash, but Gronk is the better blocker but not by much.

Also lets not forget who was the FIRST TE to break the record. If the Saints threw it to only Graham like the pats did to Gronk he would have the record not the other way around. The saints had about 4 legit targets and a running game the pats have two targets and that is it.

Gronk is a good TE but he is not Jimmy Graham and being real if Jimmy Graham was on the patriots people would have started a religion about his ass because he is with BB and Brady.

He had one outstanding season on the Saints, one of the best offensive teams of the past few years. Gronkowski had 7 more TDs and 17 more yards with 9 less catches on another offensive powerhouse.

Lets look at hte reasons here.

Targets

Saints: Colston, moore, Meachem, Graham

Running Game: Pick a back

Pats: Welker, Gronk

Running game: That is funny.

Lets look at hte reasons here.

Targets

Saints: Colston, moore, Meachem, Graham

Running Game: Pick a back

Pats: Welker, Gronk

Running game: That is funny.

Your argument makes no sense and you left off Aaron Hernandez. Having more people to compete with inside of your own offense would definitely mean more if Graham saw less targets, but the inverse is seen here. Graham gets more targets and has more people in his offense to draw defenders off and free up the field for himself and ultra-accurate Brees. Gronkowski only has two other people to compete with and sees less targets, but better stats.

Jimmy Graham was targeted 146 times and caught 99 balls (67.8%). Gronkowski was targeted only 121 times with 90 catches (74.4%). Not only does Gronkowski catch a larger percentage of the passes thrown to him, but he was also targeted 25 fewer times. Furthermore, Gronkowski had 641 YAC with a 7.1 Average YAC and 13 broken tackles. Graham came in at 458, 4.6, and 11 respectively. Also, you can't just shrug off 7 more TDs for Gronkowski in 25 fewer passes.

I'd even go so far as to say that, if Hernandez and Graham were switched, Hernandez would be the better option. Hernandez caught 79 passes on 108 targets (73.1%) and had 910 yards, 7 TDs, 503 YAC, 6.4 Average YAC, and 23 broken tackles. Hernandez catch more of the passes thrown at him and he does astronomically more with the ball when he catches it than Graham.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

Your argument makes no sense and you left off Aaron Hernandez. Having more people to compete with inside of your own offense would definitely mean more if Graham saw less targets, but the inverse is seen here. Graham gets more targets and has more people in his offense to draw defenders off and free up the field for himself and ultra-accurate Brees. Gronkowski only has two other people to compete with and sees less targets, but better stats.

Jimmy Graham was targeted 146 times and caught 99 balls (67.8%). Gronkowski was targeted only 121 times with 90 catches (74.4%). Not only does Gronkowski catch a larger percentage of the passes thrown to him, but he was also targeted 25 fewer times. Furthermore, Gronkowski had 641 YAC with a 7.1 Average YAC and 13 broken tackles. Graham came in at 458, 4.6, and 11 respectively. Also, you can't just shrug off 7 more TDs for Gronkowski in 25 fewer passes.

I'd even go so far as to say that, if Hernandez and Graham were switched, Hernandez would be the better option. Hernandez caught 79 passes on 108 targets (73.1%) and had 910 yards, 7 TDs, 503 YAC, 6.4 Average YAC, and 23 broken tackles. Hernandez catch more of the passes thrown at him and he does astronomically more with the ball when he catches it than Graham.

I think you and I are looking at it differently. To be in that offense ( the Saints) and have that be the disparity considering the more targets available in the offense. Especially looking at the patriots in that context being that Gronk was two outstanding targets and Hernandez is decent. So for Gronk to have caught 25 fewer balls when he was in an offense that would have been more conducive to an insane amount of catches. (looking at welker leading the league in receptions over three years when he is not top 5 talent wise) That means Gronk should have had more catches due to the lack of a target rich environment. It is like being the best out of 5th graders and being the best out of college (not saying that as a true example but more of an illustration of a point.)

You just looked at it on the opposite.

And stats are great when talking averages and things of that nature but if we were to just use those then we would not have LT, Emmit Smith, and many other RB's in conversation as greats. You can do that with just about any position.

Also the targets are probably indicative on the amount of times that they were open as well considering both of their QB's are known for making smart decisions and spreading the ball around.

Calvin Johnson.

It wouldn't even be fair pairing up with Rodgers.

I'd say Larry Fitz. He's consistently been one of the best 4th quarter WR's, and he's done it regardless as to who was throwing him the ball.

And Graham could do the same things with a mediocre QB lets be honest here. Graham is faster, has longer Arms, has better leaping ability, and better body control. Hands are a wash, but Gronk is the better blocker but not by much.

Also lets not forget who was the FIRST TE to break the record. If the Saints threw it to only Graham like the pats did to Gronk he would have the record not the other way around. The saints had about 4 legit targets and a running game the pats have two targets and that is it.

Gronk is a good TE but he is not Jimmy Graham and being real if Jimmy Graham was on the patriots people would have started a religion about his ass because he is with BB and Brady.

You're wrong on so many counts that I almost think you're just trying to troll. :laugh:

Say what you will, but Gronk is the significantly better TE. Zack pretty much covered it to a tee.

• Upvote 1

You're wrong on so many counts that I almost think you're just trying to troll. :laugh:

Say what you will, but Gronk is the significantly better TE. Zack pretty much covered it to a tee.

WEll I guess that is one point of view but there is no tight end significantly better than Jimmy Graham. Take off the homer shades man. The dude is just as unstoppable as Gronk if not more so.

WEll I guess that is one point of view but there is no tight end significantly better than Jimmy Graham. Take off the homer shades man. The dude is just as unstoppable as Gronk if not more so.

LOL. Way to ignore three paragraphs that prove you wrong.

I'm not being biased at all... just calling it how I see it. Zack loathes the Pats and even he realizes that Gronkowski is better than Graham. You're in a pretty small minority that thinks Graham is better or equal to Gronk.

• Upvote 1

I'm not being biased at all... just calling it how I see it. Zack loathes the Pats and even he realizes that Gronkowski is better than Graham. You're in a pretty small minority that thinks Graham is better or equal to Gronk.

LOL. Way to ignore three paragraphs that prove you wrong.

The real LOL is how you missed it on the first page...lets take a minute to LOL....with you.

And if that is what you call proof than I guess mike tolbert is as good as emmith smith.